Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: TW200 for sale in Upstate NY

TW200 for sale in Upstate NY

Lots of extras, my CL post is here, pics coming in the am:

2006 Yamaha TW200 with TONS of extras

EDIT: pics now uploaded
    Last edited by gamorg02; 05-27-2016 at 09:37 AM.

I hope you get what you want.

That said...here in the Five Valleys region of Montana, where TWs are popular...I sold my 2014, with 3000 miles, for less. After some time.

You're close to the Adirondacks. Is there a market for the TW there, that you can try for more?

I may be overpriced, so I'll have to see as this is my first attempt at selling it. I know the spare parts and a set of knobby & street tires with separate rims are worth something, but not entirely sure how much. I'm open to offers as well. I appreciate the input. I don't think the adirondacks have an overly large market for TWs or anything, so I may need to adjust. We'll see.
    Smitty Blackstone likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by gamorg02 View Post
    I may be overpriced, so I'll have to see as this is my first attempt at selling it. I know the spare parts and a set of knobby & street tires with separate rims are worth something, but not entirely sure how much. I'm open to offers as well. I appreciate the input. I don't think the adirondacks have an overly large market for TWs or anything, so I may need to adjust. We'll see.
    At the right price I would be very interested in the spare rims and tires........

Close enough to pick up locally as well.

Tom
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

Damn you Dryden, I was just going to post my desire for the set of wheels with the road tires if his buyer wants the knobby set.

Overpriced is subjective given all the spare parts you have if they all go with this sale as a package. Keep us all in mind if your future buyer only wants the bike and not the extras.

Good luck with your sale. I recently offered my 2006 for sale with only 250 miles and some nice extras for $3400 and got a bunch of absolutely ridiculous offers but no real interest so I decided to just keep it. I am in NY but the southern end near the PA/NJ borders.

GaryL
    Dryden-Tdub likes this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    Damn you Dryden, I was just going to post my desire for the set of wheels with the road tires if his buyer wants the knobby set.

Overpriced is subjective given all the spare parts you have if they all go with this sale as a package. Keep us all in mind if your future buyer only wants the bike and not the extras.

Good luck with your sale. I recently offered my 2006 for sale with only 250 miles and some nice extras for $3400 and got a bunch of absolutely ridiculous offers but no real interest so I decided to just keep it. I am in NY but the southern end near the PA/NJ borders.

GaryL
    Kinda funny because I want the wheels more than the tires since I have had a set of road tires for over a year and just have not wanted to commit to them....

Tom
    GaryL likes this.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

Pics have been uploaded to CL listing folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryden-Tdub View Post
    At the right price I would be very interested in the spare rims and tires........

Close enough to pick up locally as well.

Tom

pics are up now and if you'd like to shoot me an offer i'll take a look.
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post

GaryL
    For the right price i'd be willing to switch rim setups and sell the road/black wheels separate. They are in nicer condition, and I did that purposefully so the better set was primarily used on the road. All the extras are definitely included in the sale and given that I don't think the price was out of line. I'm open to offers and willing to talk to any interested party.

And i'll definitely be posting here if someone wants the bike only and no extras. I'd prefer to sell everything together as its really everything anyone would need for the bike for the next probably 3-4 years (minus various fluids etc).

Kinda funny because I want the wheels more than the tires since I have had a set of road tires for over a year and just have not wanted to commit to them....

Tom
    Like I said, if you're interested shoot me an offer.

I really don't want to switch around tires and rims, but for the right price would and then just sell the whole lot of tires with the bike (or here).

Quote Originally Posted by gamorg02 View Post
    Pics have been uploaded to CL listing folks.

pics are up now and if you'd like to shoot me an offer i'll take a look.

For the right price i'd be willing to switch rim setups and sell the road/black wheels separate. They are in nicer condition, and I did that purposefully so the better set was primarily used on the road. All the extras are definitely included in the sale and given that I don't think the price was out of line. I'm open to offers and willing to talk to any interested party.

And i'll definitely be posting here if someone wants the bike only and no extras. I'd prefer to sell everything together as its really everything anyone would need for the bike for the next probably 3-4 years (minus various fluids etc).

Like I said, if you're interested shoot me an offer.

I really don't want to switch around tires and rims, but for the right price would and then just sell the whole lot of tires with the bike (or here).
    Going to look at the pictures now. I will be back in touch soon!

Tom
    GaryL likes this.

since I have had a set of road tires for over a year and just have not wanted to commit to them....

Tom
    WHAT!! Surely you jest! Putting road tires on a TW is like putting knobbies on a Goldwing!
    2013 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha TW200

1995 Kawasaki KLR650

2002 Yamaha RoadStar 1600 with sidecar

Quote Originally Posted by scotti158 View Post
    WHAT!! Surely you jest! Putting road tires on a TW is like putting knobbies on a Goldwing!
    Funny you should say that. Meet my new Goldwing!18144824079_0f4b6a46c5_o.jpg

Tom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links