UK TW200's for sale
Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: UK TW200's for sale

UK TW200's for sale

Thought I’d start a thread for TW200’s in the UK – most of these will be from Ebay as we don’t have “Craigs List” over here – nearly all bikes are sold on Ebay instead …….

To start the ball rolling, Summer is here, and they’re starting to appear.

First up – we have the fastest of them all, a white / red 1987 – good condition for its age, though it’s probably undergone a bit of “light restoration” judging by the engine casings. And if you thought that £2895 was the mileage – that’s the price – in pounds. Roughly $4233 USD. (See what we have to put up with ?) – 2741 miles on this one.

YAMAHA TW200 1987 ELECTRIC/KICKSTART MUST SEE LOVELY | eBay

87 tw.JPG

Second offering: A 1999 TW200, for a more realistic price of £2195 ($3210 USD) – another Japanese import, in good condition, but with a few ”mods”. Those indicators and the round headlight are from a TW225. 2200 miles on this one.

Yamaha TW200 Trailway 1999 Japanese Import 2119 Miles Electric Start | eBay

$_57.JPG

As you will have noticed, after ’87 the colour schemes are quite different to the US models. However, the tank decals on the ’99 are correct for that year.

I’ll keep this thread updated as they appear – but we don’t (usually) get more than three or four a year ……..
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Is that an OEM rack on the Japanese bike? I like the size and styling, I wonder if one could be stiffened up a bit.

Bit of an odd-ball in that this one is up for auction rather than running as a classified ad – should be interesting to test the market as to what is considered as a fair market price.

s-l1600.jpg

Despite his ignorance of the TW in general, it’s a reasonably accurate description – ’93 by the looks of it – mileage is “supposed” to be 5667 – but I got mine from that same dealer in Reading, and he’s not known for “accuracy”, so take it as you find it.

yamaha motorcycle | eBay
    TWilight likes this.

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Yep – no problem (no test certificate required, just a log book and the licence fee)

The above applies for UK vehicles imported to the IOM, customs duty only comes into play when the vehicle is imported to the IOM from outside the UK.

https://www.gov.im/categories/travel...and-licensing/

As any vehicle would be first registered in the UK it should be a simple straightforward (and cheap) process.

So – you can choose your poison from what’s available on a UK plate – or I can arrange to have the bike of your choice imported from Japan, and then registered in the UK – at which point the bike becomes a UK bike – then import / export to the IOM becomes a simple formality.

For you Old Chap – I’d be perfectly happy to buy what you want for you – and there’s even talk of them opening up a ferry service between Anglesey and the Isle of Man, so delivery / collection should be a walk in the park.

Personally, I’d recommend an imported TW225 – but if you insist on the VanVan, then at least I can confidently say “I have never met this man before in my life” – (which may be quite true, but you get my drift).

Lead in times for a Japanese TW225 import are just over four months – expect to pay fairly cheaply at the Japanese end (though exchange rates are rising) – import costs (duty, UK plated etc) can run to about 1000 of Her Majesty’s finest pounds – but the bike will still achieve that on a re-sale over here (rare as hens teeth)

Think about it – get back to me (in PM if it’s the VanVan, I’d never live it down it that goes public) – and we’ll sort something out for you …….
    TWilight likes this.

- Hidden Content

And we appear to have another one ……. Yamaha tw 200 trailway motorcycle | eBay

$_57.JPG

Incorrectly listed as an ’88 — it is in fact an ’89 — of American origin (note the extended exhaust, the Japanese ones are pretty much flush) — and the speedometer is in MPH, whereas the Japanese market ones were in KPH. Pretty much standard other than the rear indicators, and in what appears to be good cosmetic condition, with a low mileage of just 1205 on the clock.

Fork boots are faded, indicating that is has been stored outside, though the seat shows little UV effect by comparison. Rear tire seems to be an original TW32, and the obligatory “death wing” is still on the front.

Price is good at 795 pounds — very good in fact — although “viewing is highly recommended” — there are a few things going on with that bike that don’t quite match up (the angle of the tail light for one, which would indicate a different rear mudguard / plate holder has been put on it).

Another thing to consider, is whether the import duty has been paid, can the seller prove that, and how come it has never been UK registered (and don’t take any bullshit verbal answers, I’d want to see the paper trail).
    TWilight likes this.

- Hidden Content

TW200 — blue (just) — 2000 so the first disc model - £1695 (slight dent on right hand side of tank) — 8377 miles on the clock

blue tw.jpg

Yamaha TW200 TW Trailway | eBay

Price reflects mileage and condition, so it seems about right ……
    TWilight likes this.

- Hidden Content

Quite a nice deal for someone - Yamaha TW200 Trailway 1997 12,050 mls New tyres full years MOT | eBay

s-l1600.jpg

At £1400 it’s a steal – 12k on the clock, but that indicates regular use which is not such a bad thing. A few mods on it as well, notably the twin LED front lights, electronic speedo and tacho, and the obligatory SS exhaust.

There are a few other things “non-standard” – the frames been done which is a bit odd, and it has a disc front end (probably from a TW125 which are easy to get over here). Either way, it appears to have some money spent on it, which is reassuring to see. Relatively new front tire, half dead rear tire. I’d take a close look at the headstock and fork seals, but that’s about it. Definitely priced to sell.
    littletommy likes this.

- Hidden Content

Are you back on the British Pound already? See it's doing better against the dollar than the Euro, $1.3 versus $1.12.
    littletommy likes this.
    2005 Husqvarna 55R21HV
    1995 Kitchen Aid KSM90WW
    1989 Husqvarna 50, 300 Yr Anniversary Edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Devils Advocate View Post
    Are you back on the British Pound already? See it's doing better against the dollar than the Euro, $1.3 versus $1.12.
    Never left it ......
    littletommy likes this.

- Hidden Content

RE: Second offering: A 1999 TW200, for a more realistic price of £2195 ($3210 USD) – another Japanese import, in good condition, but with a few ”mods”. Those indicators and the round headlight are from a TW225. 2200 miles on this one.

I have seen them indicators and headlight before, I think they may be correct for year 99, model looks to be Tw200e.
    I hope so anyway, I just paid the seller to deliver it to me next week.
    Last edited by Ukdave; 09-29-2016 at 04:44 PM.
    buellzebub and littletommy like this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links