'93 Tank - Slight Dent & Seat Foam
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: '93 Tank - Slight Dent & Seat Foam

'94 Tank - Slight Dent & Seat Foam

I have a tank with a slight dent in the upper right side with some paint missing. Overall good condition, spotless inside, will ship with the key and gas cap. I also have the seat foam from the same bike - great condition, a little stained but all the foam is still very soft and pliable.

Make me an offer on each and pay the shipping, they will be on their way.

I was going to say, "Make me an intriguing offer". Then, I remembered my audience!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BkCntryCrwlr; 06-13-2016 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Corrected Year
    littletommy and PlacerLode like this.

overall that tank's in great shape for a rainbow warrior. just for reference i sold a pristine one for $125 about 3 yrs ago. also that is a 1994, you might find an extra person or two interested the unique rainbow warrior color scheme.
    littletommy, PlacerLode and GaryL like this.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Bump. Still available...looking for a new home.
    You can't see it if you're not out there living it!

'94 Rainbow Warrior - not so rainbow any more - Clarke XT350 tank, Lizrdbrth's seat mod, Beer Trap Pegs, Ricochet skid plate and more.

Going through withdrawals, sold my other two TW's, down to one....Uhggghhh! Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Basically what you have is a good usable tank and the year does not much matter. The repair will entail stripping the paint and decals down to bare metal and re painting after the dent is repaired so it is just a real, clean inside TW tank in need of repair. Getting that dent which does have a crease out will be a challenge because of the nature of these tanks and how hard it is to get tools inside to bang it out. I have a similar one from a 1995 Rainbow warrior with a much smaller dent and no paint loss or creases that I have taken to two different auto body shops and the cost of repair is more than the cost of a new tank unless they go the bondo route from the outside and fudge some paint over it. Even the wizard guy around here who does the Paintless dent repairs after hail storms looked at the tank and said No Can Do because the metal is too heavy and he can't get to it from inside. Sucks for sure but this would be a great tank for a guy who like to play auto body stuff and can repaint it to the color he wants or for someone who just needs a tank and does not care about the dent. Jesse James or Orange County Choppers could probably get it back to perfect but we can't afford their expertise.

GaryL
    BkCntryCrwlr likes this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Garry - you summed it up precisely. I agree, it probably isn't worth trying to get the dent out, but it would make a great replacement tank for someone with one really banged up. Thanks for the summation!

I'd just like to see it be used vs. sitting on a shelf in my garage. I have enough things "sitting", so to speak!

'94 Rainbow Warrior - not so rainbow any more - Clarke XT350 tank, Lizrdbrth's seat mod, Beer Trap Pegs, Ricochet skid plate and more.

Going through withdrawals, sold my other two TW's, down to one....Uhggghhh! Hidden Content

Thinking.... I have a 94 with a questionable tank...

Quote Originally Posted by BkCntryCrwlr View Post
    Garry - you summed it up precisely. I agree, it probably isn't worth trying to get the dent out, but it would make a great replacement tank for someone with one really banged up. Thanks for the summation!

I'd just like to see it be used vs. sitting on a shelf in my garage. I have enough things "sitting", so to speak!
    Someone should grab it because with any TW that has been left sitting with bad gas in the tank can develop leaks from rust inside. I had an 88 with such a tank that I had to coat the inside with epoxy so it did not leak and those tank repair kits work quite well but for the most part cost just as much as a good tank with a dent.

I have a bunch of parts sitting on my shelf too that will one day go on the block but it never does seem to fail, as soon as I sell a part I find another TW that needs it.

GaryL
    littletommy likes this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

I was going to say, "Make me an intriguing offer". Then, I remembered my audience!
    PM Sent

Tank is sold - JerseyJeeper is the smartest one of all of you!

If anyone needs it, the seat foam is available. No decent offer will be refused. Hmmm, at this point, I might even be entertained by an indecent offer!
    littletommy and JerseyJeeper like this.

Tank is sold - JerseyJeeper is the smartest one of all of you!

If anyone needs it, the seat foam is available. No decent offer will be refused. Hmmm, at this point, I might even be entertained by an indecent offer!
    Chop it up into small squares and stuff the squares in a pillow case, you could call it "My Pillow"! Honestly, with all the guys on here who have upgraded their seats with the Seat Concept foam and cover there are lots of left over original foams and covers sitting on shelves. A good seat Pan has some value but the foam, not so much.

Nice to hear you made a deal with NJJ on the tank. If I didn't have a new Clarke and 2 TW tanks already sitting on the shelf I would have bought yours. Really, how many tanks does one man need?

GaryL
    littletommy and JerseyJeeper like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links