Thinking about buying a brand new TW200 For Everyday around town riding with my wife.
Close

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By yammythumper
  • 1 Post By admiral
  • 1 Post By little buddy
  • 1 Post By MSWRC
  • 1 Post By silverwing
  • 1 Post By Columbanus
  • 1 Post By JerseyJeeper

Thread: Thinking about buying a brand new TW200 For Everyday around town riding with my wife.

Talking Thinking about buying a brand new TW200 For Everyday around town riding with my wife.

Im thinking about selling or trading in my 2011 Honda Shadow Aero Drive shaft motorcycle with only 9,700 miles For A new TW200 trail bike just for everyday city riding to and from work Riding two up with my wife,no trails or interstate riding. I've been craving to ride a much smaller lighter durable motorcycle like the Honda Rebel. And I Feel That The TW 200s Build quality,wide tires And Torquey durable low end motor might fit the bill here. I am 5ft 9in and I Don't Want A Huge trail bike the size of a horse And I Like the fact that the TW starts off slow is easy to shift and ride. Does anyone out there think I'm Crazy For Doing This??? From All That Im Hearing About The TW200, I Can have my cake and eat it too!! I would appreciate anyone's thoughts on this subject.
    Last edited by yammythumper; 06-08-2016 at 05:24 AM.
    littletommy likes this.

You are not crazy. Funny, I just posted this yesterday. I assure you however, riding a TW will be much more fun than watching the video!

https://tw200forum.com/forum/tw200-pi...aha-tw200.html
    littletommy likes this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by yammythumper View Post
    Im thinking about selling or trading in my 2011 Honda Shadow Aero Drive shaft motorcycle with only 9,700 miles For A new TW200 trail bike just for everyday city riding to and from work Riding two up with my wife,no trails or interstate riding. I've been craving to ride a much smaller lighter durable motorcycle like the Honda Rebel. And I Feel That The TW 200s Build quality,wide tires And Torquey durable low end motor might fit the bill here. I am 5ft 9in and I Don't Want A Huge trail bike the size of a horse And I Like the fact that the TW starts off slow is easy to shift and ride. Does anyone out there think I'm Crazy For Doing This??? From All That Im Hearing About The TW200, I Can have my cake and eat it too!! I would appreciate anyone's thoughts on this subject.
    Welcome to the forum!!
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for posting this. I need all the conformation I can get that I am not crazy too.
    littletommy likes this.

I really love my TW. An perfect around town bike. As for TWo up, well it's OK, but I don't necessarily enjoy two up riding on this bike and wouldn't use/buy it if most of the time I was to have someone on the back. Something to consider.
    littletommy likes this.

I had both, a Honda rebel and a TW200, and the TW is a much better bike, except for the stock drive chain. I currently have a BMW f700gs and it is like a addictive drug, can't quit riding it, handles great, quiet,excellent fuel economy and like a Cummins diesel, lots of torque and not real quick.
    littletommy likes this.

Dude.... I've been drooling over that all week!
    2014-Yamaha-SR400-EU-Matt-Grey-Studio-007.jpg
    SR400 2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by TWilight View Post
    Okay, being the "outsider" in this group of Misfits, I will suggest you look at the Yamaha SR400.

Twice the engine, fuel injected, better for carrying a passenger, more street worthy, etc, etc, etc.
    Last edited by JerseyJeeper; 06-08-2016 at 11:13 AM.

Seconding the SR400 suggestion. For safe two-up riding you'll want the extra oomph! And it is a nice looking bike (with a kick starter). Prob'ly could find a new '14 or '15 in stock at a dealer somewhere.
    littletommy likes this.

I changed my love affair to this just an hour ago:
    https://tw200forum.com/forum/other-bi...july-16-a.html
    scr950-1.jpg
    littletommy likes this.

Sponosred Links