BMW Dakar F650GS (I know it's not a TW, but what are ya gonna do?)
Close

Like Tree11Likes
  • 4 Post By Ski Pro 3
  • 1 Post By ejfranz
  • 3 Post By Ski Pro 3
  • 2 Post By Ski Pro 3
  • 1 Post By Ski Pro 3

Thread: BMW Dakar F650GS (I know it's not a TW, but what are ya gonna do?)

BMW Dakar F650GS (I know it's not a TW, but what are ya gonna do?)

Yea, yea, yea,
    It's NOT a TW200 or related parts I'm posting up. It's my adventure bike.

Here's the listing;
    2003 BMW Dakar F650GS

Anyone who knows me, knows I research and upgrade with what I think are the highest of quality parts; tires, chains, sprockets, etc. Same with this bike. It's all quality and it's so clean, surgery could be performed on it. I figured I'd link it here in case anyone has an interest. If you don't live close, consider a one-way air fare and ride it home. It's ready to go anywhere. Literally nothing to do but load it up and drive away.
    The bear slayer!

If you had posted this about a month ago, I would have been all over it.
    littletommy likes this.
    2001 TW200 sporting a MT43 up front. Duro has gone to a good home. 2015 VStrom XT, 1996 DT 200, Broken 2010 Xingue 400 XY. 2009 WR250r now shared with my son.

Quote Originally Posted by ejfranz View Post
    If you had posted this about a month ago, I would have been all over it.
    I know, I've been slow in posting it for sale, but it makes me sad to think about moving on and selling it. As some here know, I got a Suzuki Samurai I restored and I figured that, since DW can enjoy it with me, I'm much less likely now to ride anything more than my TW200.

BTW, there's talk of a TW ride to Alaska. If you know of anyone up there interested in it, I'd haul it up with me behind my camper. She's a sweet bike, ride all day at 70+mph and I get 58 miles per gallon if I stay at 65 mph or less. On several trips I made 300 miles on a tank of gas. Easy riding around 55 mph and no head winds or hills to get that, but 50+ mpg even at 70 mph.
    littletommy, ejfranz and TWilight like this.
    The bear slayer!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the offer. I got 4 calls today within 6 hours of posting the listing. 2 guys are racing to see who gets here first with their $5,000 cash in the morning. One guy says he thinks he can get the cash from his Dad who has that kind of money in the safe and will be coming up from Manteca around 7am, but it's about a 2 hour drive. The other guy has to wait for the bank to open at 9am, but they have a branch about 10 minutes from me. I'm rooting for the second guy. He already owns this exact bike and is buying this second one for his wife. He knows all about Dakars and I won't have to 'sell' him on anything. The first guy I really don't understand why he's interested. He doesn't seem to know much about them other than they are adventure bikes and he wants to own one.

I know the bike is a little under priced and it will go quick. That's what I want anyway. If I list it and I have it still by Monday, I'm likely to cancel the listing and keep it. HA!!
    littletommy and TWilight like this.
    The bear slayer!

Well, it's GONE! The guy w/wife got it. He was very excited to see it. Spent an hour and a half going over everything since he owns one and the only thing he mentioned was the clutch play. I like mine to start disengaging as soon as I pull in the tiniest bit. He likes his to engage when he lets out the clutch the tiniest bit. An adjustment on the knurl and he said the bike was perfect. It really was. He even tinged the spokes and checked air pressure in the tires.

I paid about $2,500 for it back in 2009 with about 2500 miles on it. I probably had maybe $5500 into it and rode it about 13,000 miles. I had a great time with that bike and I hope he does too. He told me he just got back from a ride to Death Valley on his. Showed me photos of his bike; a clone of mine. Twin Captain America Dakars. Ha!

The funds are going to offset the Samurai costs. I bought it for $4,800 and have about $8,000 into it to get it restored and other fees. It's winning classic car contests, 2 now and a 3rd in a couple weeks. Everyone remembers the Sami and has stories to tell when they see it. I rarely get though a stop at the gas station without someone commenting on mine.

DW is happy, she wasn't interested in riding on the back any more and appreciates the roof and seat belt upgrade with the Sami.

Next is a 2002 Kawasaki KX250. It has an EFM auto-clutch and hand operated rear brake. I haven't ridden it in maybe 5 years or so. Won't take but a day to go through it and detail it out. It's the last year for California Green Sticker registration, so I should be able to get a couple thousand for it. I've got two rear wheels; one is the stock 19" with a M5B tire on it and the other is a 18" with a trials tire on it. Lots of other extras and upgrades as well, but as you guys know, we are fools with farkeling our bikes.
    Once that one is gone, I'm down to just one motorcycle, the TW200. I got way too much money into that one to sell it. What I need I'm pretty sure no one would pay. Ha!

Thanks to everyone for taking a look. Thanks to the forum owners for allowing us to post for sale ads here.
    littletommy likes this.
    The bear slayer!

Sponosred Links