Close

Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By ilbiker
  • 1 Post By Fred
  • 1 Post By 20psirabbit
  • 1 Post By ilbiker

Thread: Adventure Ready TW200 in Joliet, IL

Adventure Ready TW200 in Joliet, IL - Lower Price

It's a 2003 Yamaha TW200 or TW-200 with 4100 miles on it and is street legal with clear title in my name. Bought it and built it for the wife to ride with but she decided she doesn't like riding. I built it for her so all the best parts are into it and was set up for adventure riding. I use it for around town now but that's about it. I’m asking 3600$ OBO with all the work and mods that have been done to it but still taking a loss. Now About the bike:

Motor has rebuilt and tuned carb with several mods, Filter box mod with better filter, race coil for better starts, kicker kit added, stainless front exhaust pipe with rebuilt muffler, new Kevlar clutch pack, oil changed earlier this year, new battery, stainless bolt kit, all new top end gaskets when valves were adjusted. So much more but can't remember

Chassis has new front trail tire w/tube. Heavy duty front springs and with Racetech gold valve emulators, replaced bearings, rear heavy duty spring on 3" extended swing arm with modified shock mount (stock one comes with it), new brakes both ends, heavy duty wide foot pegs, folding shift lever, tusk skid plate, LED lighting all around with Cyclops front and tucked up rear and taillight, Jimbo windshield, Cycleracks rear rack, modified seat with seat pad, XT metal 3.4 gal tank, tool tube, Pro taper bars with riser lifters, heated grips, Cycra hand guards, 12v socket, etc. plus many more updates and add ons..

This is a great and fun bike for anyone from a younger rider to an advanced dirt biker to an older person looking to ride around. It’s also good for the shorter rider and handles like a dream. If you have any questions please ask. Have a box of spare and original parts including springs if they are to stiff, service manual, and owner’s manual and other items to go with it.

Last edited by ilbiker; 08-03-2016 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Lowered the price
    ejfranz, craig0ry and Fred like this.

Hey, I am way too poor to afford this bike, but I'm from Elwood! I've never seen another TW rolling around the Joliet area. Anyway, bump for a local dude!
    1987 - 68mm Wiseco, #116 main, #42 pilot, Lizrd oil cooler, saving up for the Web.

Very well equipped TW. Now if I didn't already have two...hmmmm.
    TWilight likes this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Can't say I have read any post on the forum regarding the install of "emulators" or fork valves on a TW. The thought of a variable fork oil orifice valve for compression impacts sounds like a real plus. Please share your impressions and opinions with the forum or post a link where we can read about the benefits, if any. I recently ordered a pair of YSS emulators for my scooter but have not installed them yet. Thanks
    Take care my Friend.........

I found them to smooth things out and definitely helps with the impacts and nose dives.

That is a fine example of a sorted out TW200. The things you did to it has a lot of labor involved. To buy a used stock one and put those accessories and features on it afterwards would be way more. If I was close by, I would look to buy it and sell mine!
    2007 Tw200, Cycleracks hump version,(just modified to flat version 1/30/16) Grab-on grip covers, battery tender pigtail, Jimbo smoked windshield, AG supply tool tube, RamMount handlebar mount, Seat Concepts seat, Tusk 30mm handlebar risers, Uni air filter, Pelican 1500 for topcase

2007 TDub (The fastest year made!)
    2-2005 Honda Metropolitan's
    2013 Honda PCX 150
    1995 BMW K75RT
    AF&AM
    US Veteran

Surprised I still have this.

Neat bike! Do you by chance have any rough idea what it might cost to ship that bike to the west coast (Las Vegas)? I'm slowly looking for one but IL is further than I would want to drive for something. Good luck with the sale!
    littletommy likes this.

Welcome to the forum!! Good luck with your search. Hopefully, there will be a couple of guys here who can answer that question for you.

Quote Originally Posted by 20psirabbit View Post
    Neat bike! Do you by chance have any rough idea what it might cost to ship that bike to the west coast (Las Vegas)? I'm slowly looking for one but IL is further than I would want to drive for something. Good luck with the sale!
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

I have heard from 4-600 for a bike but never actually priced it.
    littletommy likes this.

Sponosred Links