How much should I pay?
Close

Owner is asking $2,300

How much should I pay if the bike checks out clean?

Need more info. Yr, mileage, condition. Post some pics.

IMO a 2006 with only 3200 Mi. for $2300 is a GREAT deal if it's in excellent shape with no major problems or major maintenance required. Jump on it!

If it's old and beat up looking and needs sprockets, chain, tires and stuff maybe 2k at the most.
    2008 CRF230L

2006 CBR1000RR

2007 CB919 - 70k Miles and still runs like new!

* 2001 TW200 (Sold after 15k miles of fun)

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by panamacolin View Post
    Need more info. Yr, mileage, condition. Post some pics.

2006 TW200 3200 miles. Condition is good to excellent. I will have some pics.

Owner is asking $2,300 but Blue Book value is a couple of hundred lower.

I wouldnt consider it a Super deal, but its not a horrible price. If you could get him down a few hundred bucks that would be a deal.

I just picked a 1990 tw200 with 3400 miles everything stock. The bike needs tires soon and my exhaust has a little rust on it. I paid under 1k for it. I figure with new tires and the exhaust Ill have around 1100 into it. Besides that the bike is clean! Im stoked!

Best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by discoganya View Post
    2006 TW200 3200 miles. Condition is good to excellent. I will have some pics.

Owner is asking $2,300 but Blue Book value is a couple of hundred lower.
    well try talking down the owner explaining the blue book value. If he goes down more power to you. If not the rest is up to you if you are willing to pay for it.

I know that's a great deal I bought my '03 w/1000miles $2500 best buy Go get it and you'll never think oh I think I payed 500 too much seriously quality of life will improve overnight!I love riding the rubber off her
    Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle

Like others have said condition and mileage will be a big factor in the price, location also does too. For some reason TW's seem to sell fast and for high prices here in So.Cal. Blue book doesn't seem to factor into it too much. At least where I live these bikes seem to sell quick! Other areas the bikes seem to not be as popular.

Kevin
    '04 TW - Ricochet skid plate, IMS pegs, Odyssey battery, Seat Concepts seat, wide front tire. Geared low N' Slow Hidden Content

Honda Grom
    KTM 990 Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Kev250R View Post
    Like others have said condition and mileage will be a big factor in the price, location also does too. For some reason TW's seem to sell fast and for high prices here in So.Cal. Blue book doesn't seem to factor into it too much. At least where I live these bikes seem to sell quick! Other areas the bikes seem to not be as popular.

Kevin

This^^^^

Blue book is a "guide" and really works for dealers, banks, insurance companies, & DMVs.

The value is what the market will bear based on region & availability especially for motorcyles, snowmobiles, & ATVs.

Where I live in New England you can only comfortably ride about 4 good months out of the year meaning you find real low mileage older bikes.

If you wait for a blue book deal or try the blue book card, you will wait a long time to buy a TW or any bike under 2k. Plus the fact the TW is a good intro/beginner bike & gets good gas mileage in high price gas market & nice as a second bike. The deal is what you can live with & how long you want to wait. TW's in my region are hot plus they are hard to get right now new.

Thanks everyone. I'm OK with ~ $2000-$2200 or in that ball park.

I'm going to check out the bike very soon. Is there a list of things to look for when test riding?

Sponosred Links