Need an engine...WTB
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Need an engine...WTB

Need an engine...WTB

I am new to this forum but have a 1995 TW200. Purchased last year, engine blew on it two weeks ago. Does anyone have an engine for sale? Ebay right now only has some Canadian Company that is selling them for like a grand.

Thanx for reading this. If you can help, please contact me.

Darren

What part of the engine is ruined? Here is a bottom end for $399.99 listed on ebay in Ohio. You could also find some good upper end parts to and put together. Personally not aware of any "whole" engines.

1989 YAMAHA TRAILWAY 200 TW200 MOTOR ENGINE BOTTOM END TRANSMISSION CASES GEARS
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Just gotta look on Ebay every day for a month and you will find one cheap,
    For $1400 I would sell you a whole running and driving TW with 7500 miles,
    Where are you located?
    And yes, You need to look every day when you get up and before you go to bed,
    One will show up

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by pred View Post
    Just gotta look on Ebay every day for a month and you will find one cheap,
    For $1400 I would sell you a whole running and driving TW with 7500 miles,
    Where are you located?
    And yes, You need to look every day when you get up and before you go to bed,
    One will show up
    Seriously he is right. I have seen a number of items that I wanted gone the next afternoon when I go to purchase. Ebay and Craiglist sometimes you have to act quick.
    -Ruri

I am located in central Idaho. I took the engine into the local Yamaha mechanic. The rocker arm is chewed up something bad. His words (or intent), "You are looking at a $1200 minimum on the build. The lower gears are usable but the top end rocker arm is shot. You need to find one and bring it in to cut the costs." There was also the bore out and a new sleeve for a new piston, etc. I contacted some friends in Spokane. They said that these engines are like old Mariner Mines from WWII. They pop up once in a while and then then sink back down again.

I will look everyday and night. I have been doing so for the past 2.5 weeks. There were two on the Ebay and one sold today. Guy had it listed for $899.00. It was a 1990 with 2,600 miles. Someone got it for $500.

I am new to the TW200. The one that I had was a 1995 engine. I was riding it in 103 degree weather for about 2 hours. All the oil evaporated out of the engine. Is that normal? What do you guys do when you go on longer rides to account for this problem? I am really hesitant to take it out. I see you guys going hundreds of miles on them, do you dedicate one of your touring bags for just oil and filters?

If you guys hear of an engine, please send me an email.

Thanx for your help.

5th groover,
    sorry to hear about your engine troubles. these are really dependable bikes and shouldn't blow; something led to your misadventure. have you checked the filter? does it have four holes surrounding a central in the end that is inserted into the case? could have prevented oil to the top end. the oil shouldn't just evaporate... iv'e done 300+ miles on mine in a day with no issues besides a sore rump.

good luck finding another engine, they do pop up.
    ejfranz and Smitty Blackstone like this.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hi Groover,

As Joeband said, oil doesn't evaporate. It either leaked out - evidenced by drips/pools under bike; was blown out through breather- evidenced by oil in airbox or sprayed over engine/frame/wheel; or burned during combustion - evidenced by smoke out the exhaust.

Quote Originally Posted by Fifth Groover View Post
    I am located in central Idaho. I took the engine into the local Yamaha mechanic. The rocker arm is chewed up something bad. His words (or intent), "You are looking at a $1200 minimum on the build. The lower gears are usable but the top end rocker arm is shot. You need to find one and bring it in to cut the costs." There was also the bore out and a new sleeve for a new piston, etc. I contacted some friends in Spokane. They said that these engines are like old Mariner Mines from WWII. They pop up once in a while and then then sink back down again.

I will look everyday and night. I have been doing so for the past 2.5 weeks. There were two on the Ebay and one sold today. Guy had it listed for $899.00. It was a 1990 with 2,600 miles. Someone got it for $500.

I am new to the TW200. The one that I had was a 1995 engine. I was riding it in 103 degree weather for about 2 hours. All the oil evaporated out of the engine. Is that normal? What do you guys do when you go on longer rides to account for this problem? I am really hesitant to take it out. I see you guys going hundreds of miles on them, do you dedicate one of your touring bags for just oil and filters?

If you guys hear of an engine, please send me an email.

Thanx for your help.
    That oil didn't just go away, it burnt or leaked, oil doesn't evaporate till it gets to about 450 degrees. I haven't added a drop in 1000 miles. I've never added oil between changes. Recently on a 96 degree 80% humidity day I got off my TW and got asked a question. I jumped on a golf cart with someone to go check something and forgot and left mine idling for over 30 minutes and no issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Smitty Blackstone likes this.

Just got the old engine back from the Yamaha mechanic. Oil burned out and was in the air filter. What do I do to ensure that this does not happen again?

What was the mileage on the engine that blew ?
    Smitty Blackstone likes this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links