Clean 05 Dr650 for sale in SW PA or trade for TW
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Clean 05 Dr650 for sale in SW PA or trade for TW

Clean 05 Dr650 for sale in SW PA or trade for TW

Up for sale is my 2005 Suzuki DR650, asking $2750. Bike is very clean, and everything is up to date, tires are fresh, newer oil change, inspection is current, and clean and clear title in hand, located in Southwest PA. Might consider trades on a TW200 also.

The bike has a bunch of tasteful upgrades, and was all well cared for:

-OEM Suzuki Rear Rack
    -Corbin Seat (huge upgrade over stock)
    -LED Headlight
    -Alloy Skidplate with side case covers
    -Wide Footpeg kit
    -Yoshimura Exhaust
    -DRZ400 Taillight kit
    -LED Rear Turn Signals
    -K&N Air Filter
    -Top Gun Stiffer Shock Spring
    -Renthal Handlebars & Grips
    -Tusk Full Wrap Around Handguards
    -Dual keyed USB chargers
    -New X-Ring chain and sprocket set

As you can see, the bike is in great shape, and I am very ocd about my bikes and the maintenance, oil, other fluids and hardwar that goes into them. You will not find any home depot or lowes hardware on the bike, nor will you find any corroded hardware. If you come and see it, you will not be disappointed. No gimmicks, no games, just a clean, great running motorcycle here.

The bike has 13k miles on it, and that will change daily as I still am riding the bike.

IMG_7673.JPGIMG_7674.JPGIMG_7675.JPG
    Dryden-Tdub and jtomelliott49 like this.
    -13 TW200
    -08 DRZ400s
    -08 Roadstar warrior
    -15 Sherco ST 3.0
    -08 Aprilia Tuono
    -Missing my DR650 a little bit

You certainly are ocd... that is one really nice looking bike.
    jtomelliott49 likes this.

I traded my newer TW for a DR650 and owned it for less than a month... on the prowl for another TW200..lol

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Just sold my dr650 to get TW. It's way easier to pick up!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Peterb and jtomelliott49 like this.
    Some must watch while others must sleep.
    2013 TW 200
    2014 NC700x
    2016 k1600gt
    2016 TW 200

Oh man if only you were closer... I'd trade my 2012 TW for that DR in a heartbeat!! Coming down to the Southeast anytime soon??
    2012 TDub - Cycra handguards w/ LED turn signals, WR250 shorty levers, custom high fender, Tusk 30mm bar risers, Krator footpegs, SeatConcepts, Yamaha rack, integrated LED tail light, 5500 LM H4 LED headlamp, DID 428 X-ring, XT225 stainless header, DG-O exhaust, 130 main, 0.04" needle shim, slide drilled 1/16", pilot 2.25 turns out

Very nice DR. I think you will be able to sell on c/l very easily???? Your price seems very close to bargain sale price. No??? Or is mileage an issue on these. I think for me, 400cc's is about max for trail riding. Now fire roads,,,,,, Well, I don't have any fire roads around here that I know of.
    Tom in Wichita

78 Moto Guzzi SP1000
    87 Yamaha TW200
    99 Yamaha TW200
    03 Honda Shadow Spirit (girlfriend's ride)
    74 Moto Guzzi Eldorado Police model (in many pieces)

Yeah, I miss the tw for sure. I loved that little bike. I have my eye on 2 of them up here, but would trade for a tw if it was as nice as my dr. Its great for fireroads, and trail riding, but when we are really getting at it, it is handful weight wise when I make a mistake. Power delivery on it pretty great. But being honest with myself, I mostly ride local, and on the trails around here, so a tw really fits the bill for me. I think the price is a bargain, the mileage some might say is high, but on the DR's its really just breaking in, guys have 50-60k on the original engines, and I have heard of way more. Plus, as you can tell, this one is most road ridden, so it hasent been abused.
    Dryden-Tdub and jtomelliott49 like this.
    -13 TW200
    -08 DRZ400s
    -08 Roadstar warrior
    -15 Sherco ST 3.0
    -08 Aprilia Tuono

I'm actually considering getting rid of my TW for a DR650. If you were closer to me, I would be stopping by. One question though, I do really like my TW, just that most of my riding is on the street with a bit of highway on the commutes. I just "need" a bit more power. I'm on the DR idea because from a street bike perspective it's about as light and pothole proof as they get. I'm hesitant though. Reading these posts make me even more hesitant, but I think you guys are mostly referencing tight off road stuff, right?

Quote Originally Posted by MSWRC View Post
    I'm actually considering getting rid of my TW for a DR650. If you were closer to me, I would be stopping by. One question though, I do really like my TW, just that most of my riding is on the street with a bit of highway on the commutes. I just "need" a bit more power. I'm on the DR idea because from a street bike perspective it's about as light and pothole proof as they get. I'm hesitant though. Reading these posts make me even more hesitant, but I think you guys are mostly referencing tight off road stuff, right?
    Yes, you are totally on the right track with your thinking. The DR650 is pretty awesome. I does a great reliability record, and its pretty bombproof. I do ride mine in the woods, and the motor is great and track-able. You do notice the weight in the super tight stuff though. Pipeline and powerline runs here in PA are aweome, and the single track is awesome too until it gets real real wet and slick on the rocks and roots, thats when you notice the weight. What part of MD are you from? I would not be opposed to running down and meeting up with you. Heck if nothing else that would be a nice ride, and you could try one out. What year is your Tdub?
    littletommy and jtomelliott49 like this.
    -13 TW200
    -08 DRZ400s
    -08 Roadstar warrior
    -15 Sherco ST 3.0
    -08 Aprilia Tuono

It's a 2010, with just under 17,000 miles on it. Still riding it every day. It's well maintained but it is definitely well used. I love the little beast, I just wish it had about double the HP. It would be perfect then. Location, just north of Baltimore, a long way from Beaver, PA.

I bought the TW because I needed a good city bike, (crappy roads) that could venture off road, and liked those fat tires. Unfortunately The People's Republic of Maryland, is a no fun state, and there are absolutely zero "legal" free off-road places to ride near me. So I find myself on the street almost all of the time.

As for another bike, I still have to talk the wife into it. She OK with the whole motorcycle thing, but doesn't quite understand the "need another bike," thing. I told her, hey, it's like your shoes. Apparently her shoes don't cost as much as my motorcycles have, even when we add them all up, so I need to come up with another logical comparison.
    Last edited by MSWRC; 10-06-2016 at 06:54 AM.
    littletommy and jtomelliott49 like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links