88 project tw200 in Auburn CA.
Close
    Just saw a project/parts tw200 on CL for $500 in Auburn Ca. if anyone is looking.
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

Quote Originally Posted by importmech View Post
    Just saw a project/parts tw200 on CL for $500 in Auburn Ca. if anyone is looking.

That actually looks pretty good. Missing some plastic, a rip in the seat but otherwise looks all there. I wish I had the room.

Long live the internal combustion engine!

I just talked to the seller. He got it from his neighbor. It was her husband's, who died a few years ago. Last registered in 2004. Been sitting out beside her house for awhile. He doesn't have the title for it. Said there is compression and spark but he has not had it running.

Here's the link, if it is still posted:

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/mcy/2904092808.html

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

tires and rims alone should be worth half of asking price.

I'd buy that in a heart beat.
    If you can't find it, grind it

1990 TW200

8 years outside in the hot Auburn sun...tires prolly need replacing.
    “One final paragraph of advice: do not burn yourselves out. Be as I am - a reluctant enthusiast....a part-time crusader, a half-hearted fanatic. Save the other half of yourselves and your lives for pleasure and adventure. It is not enough to fight for the land; it is even more important to enjoy it. While you can. While it’s still here. So get out there and hunt and fish and mess around with your friends, ramble out yonder and explore the forests, climb the mountains, bag the peaks, run the rivers, breathe deep of that yet sweet and lucid air, sit quietly for a while and contemplate the precious stillness, the lovely, mysterious, and awesome space. Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to the body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much; I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those desk-bound men and women with their hearts in a safe deposit box, and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this; You will outlive the bastards.”

― Edward Abbey

If it is in the system one might owe back fees, but if it has been dropped get a Bill of Sale from the seller, a letter of explanation (the husband died 8 years ago and the bike sat and the pink was lost -- was given to a neighbor who decided to sell it -- I want it -- get everyone's name and address) and if there are any old registration paper that helps too. If there is no history of it being stolen a new title will be issued. It has a license plate and vin numbers so it should be easy for DMV to check. In California it is not all that hard. But the big thing is whether or not it has been dropped and /or if back fees are owed -- that could get expensive. Or buy it for parts that you need and sell off the rest. CYA -- always get a Bill of Sale.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

Sponosred Links