WTB Chrome GAS CAP
Close

I'm looking for a non-locking gas cap, ideally the chrome kind like in the picture below

Let me know if anyone has one for sale or if anyone knows where you can buy them

Send me a PM or reply here

Thanks!
    1987 TW200 - Work in Progress

1995 TW200 - Blaster Shock

2007 DRZ400sm - Stock

By going to Ebay and searching on Yamaha fuel cap, I found 2 quickly (gulp they were $30 plus shipping). I caution you to beware of the two sizes.

For the older TWs 2002 and before (and the old xt350 tanks) you need the large one. The same design was used for smaller caps (such as fit the newer TWs) so some of these may get confused or the size not specified. I have posted photos of the two sizes elsewhere (see the xt350 tank install) but it warrrants repetition with new forum members coming on all the time. For the record, I no longer have these caps available (actually I have one of the smaller ones) but they should be possible to find with diligence in dust bins of MC shops or salvage yards. Tom
    Tom - TW200 2002, Kawasaki VN 500 2006

Hidden Content

Central New Mexico

I used a old kawasaki cap. got it from a motorcycle salvage place in Decatur , IN . One of the forum members gave me a special gasket material to cut a gasket for it. If your bike has the older, large opening, they are easy to find. Happy Trails! Jef
    Never Let the Toubles of Life interfere with the Pleasures of Living!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Thanks guys, there aren't many bike shops around here that sell vintage parts or have the old bone yards in the back.... closest one I've heard of is Wisconsin Cycle Salvage out in Neenah, WI and that's about two and a half hours away

It sounds like the sizes for the older ones are pretty universal and I should be able to find something to work off ebay or something tho
    1987 TW200 - Work in Progress

1995 TW200 - Blaster Shock

2007 DRZ400sm - Stock

Check out Yamaha gas caps for their generators. I have been told they will work.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

Sponosred Links