WTB - gas cap that fits a 91.
Close

When I was filling my tank up with fuel one time, the cap fell onto the pavement and a piece broke off of it. I am still using it but would like to replace it. If anyone has one available, let me know how much you want for it (with shipping included - should only be about 2 bucks using 1st class and a padded manila envelope), and I will gift you the money via paypal (that way no fees are deducted). Remember, it has to fit a 91. I'm not sure exactly what year they changed, but I am THINKING that 91 is the old style - someone please let me know if that isn't correct.

Quote Originally Posted by twm View Post
    When I was filling my tank up with fuel one time, the cap fell onto the pavement and a piece broke off of it. I am still using it but would like to replace it. If anyone has one available, let me know how much you want for it (with shipping included - should only be about 2 bucks using 1st class and a padded manila envelope), and I will gift you the money via paypal (that way no fees are deducted). Remember, it has to fit a 91. I'm not sure exactly what year they changed, but I am THINKING that 91 is the old style - someone please let me know if that isn't correct.

If you get an OEM gascap, I'm pretty sure you'll need to be sure the seller has a key for it. I might be wrong, but I'm guessing that the ignition key and the cap key are the same and, unless all TW200's have interchangeable keys (they don't do they?), you'll now have two keys, one for your ignition and the other for the cap. (or maybe you can get the lock out of your original cap somehow and use in the replacement?

I'd guess if you didn't care about an OEM cap, you might find and after=market cap that would fit, don't know as I haven't looked.

Although it's not essential that the cap is OEM, or even if it is locking, for that matter, I would prefer a locking OEM one, if I can get it cheaply enough. I do plan on swapping the lock cylinder (it uses the ignition key) out of my old one into the one that I get. But if, for some reason, that isn't possible, I will simply use it as a non-lockable cap. I DON'T CARE IF THE KEY IS NOT INCLUDED.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by twm View Post
    Although it's not essential that the cap is OEM, or even if it is locking, for that matter, I would prefer a locking OEM one, if I can get it cheaply enough. I do plan on swapping the lock cylinder (it uses the ignition key) out of my old one into the one that I get. But if, for some reason, that isn't possible, I will simply use it as a non-lockable cap. I DON'T CARE IF THE KEY IS NOT INCLUDED.

I've got one! PM me if you're interested. I've also got an exhaust header in good shape and I believe you're looking for one of those as well.
    Check out my custom TW200 build Hidden Content .

TTR225 SS header, FMF Turbine Core 2 pipe, EK o-ring chain, 15T front sprocket, 50T rear sprocket, 20W fork oil, Drag Specialities speedometer, Victory Vegas headlight, Acerbis universal supermoto front fender, Vintage Yamaha chrome gas cap, Integrated LED rear tail/turn/brake light, Yamaha Blaster shock, Pro Taper SE ATV High handlebar, Western Powersports off-road handguards, Pro Taper Pillow Top Lite grips, Over-sized foot pegs, Maxxis 6006 front tire, seat cover from eBay seller mac32756.

PM sent.

Sponosred Links