Foot Pegs - Page 2
Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Foot Pegs

Just ship the whole bike to him.... he'll look after it from there. (Running joke....)

70km was also a joke. (Apparently not choosing stand-up comedy was my profession was a good decision)

I am retired now.
    Phelonius

Originally Posted by phelonius
    I just took a piece of steel flat stock 3/4 inch wide and 1/8 inch thick and made a loop and welded it on to make the stock peg stick out another inch further.
    Then I welded a few bumps to the top of it for non slip. Much cheaper than buying a new peg and it was the size I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Tw200quebec View Post
    Wow ingenious! How about I ship you my pegs this winter and you can do the modification for me I pay you the amount Chinese cost plus 10$ You could make a side line business out of it.
    I think I did the same thing or very close to what phelonius did. I had my father-in-law make two sets of these. I put one set on Mrs. Admirals TW and have the second modified set as a spare. I am using a set of wider-longer pegs I bought online many years ago (came from China). The Chinese ones are steel, bent up from hitting many rocks but still functional.

Here's a picture of the homemade ones we have and what they look like. Others have made ones similar but are wider (front to rear as well as wide). I think it's easier to shift with the homemade ones we have than the store-bought ones since they are not as front-to-rear wide.

elime, Peterb and Darth like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    Originally Posted by phelonius
    I just took a piece of steel flat stock 3/4 inch wide and 1/8 inch thick and made a loop and welded it on to make the stock peg stick out another inch further.
    Then I welded a few bumps to the top of it for non slip. Much cheaper than buying a new peg and it was the size I wanted.

I think I did the same thing or very close to what phelonius did. I had my father-in-law make two sets of these. I put one set on Mrs. Admirals TW and have the second modified set as a spare. I am using a set of wider-longer pegs I bought online many years ago (came from China). The Chinese ones are steel, bent up from hitting many rocks but still functional.

Here's a picture of the homemade ones we have and what they look like. Others have made ones similar but are wider (front to rear as well as wide). I think it's easier to shift with the homemade ones we have than the store-bought ones since they are not as front-to-rear wide.

Nice job!!!! Looks great!
    admiral and Darth like this.

I too modified the stock pegs. I have posted the pictures before but what the heck......welding looks bad but it is plenty strong.

Before and after shot.
    P3050539a.jpg

And looks better after painting.
    P3120564 (2).JPG
    Last edited by elime; 08-18-2017 at 03:37 PM.
    admiral likes this.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

Just ordered a set of these, will keep informed on the install

https://www.kapscomoto.com/ca/yamaha...1981-2012.html
    admiral and Darth like this.

"Just ordered a set of these, will keep informed on the install

https://www.kapscomoto.com/ca/yamaha...1981-2012.htm"

I got mine at the same place. Had to drill one hole for the spring and do some grinding on them so they would actually pivot up but well worth the effort. Very nice for riding standing up.
    Mattwings likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tw200quebec View Post
    Just ordered a set of these, will keep informed on the install

https://www.kapscomoto.com/ca/yamaha...1981-2012.html
    The thing that I don't understand is they mention that they will fit TW year 1981-2012...? TW came out in 1986, so why 1981, was there TW in other countries before 86? Also what's the difference between a 2012 and a 2017, foot peg wise??
    Last edited by Tw200quebec; 08-20-2017 at 06:23 PM.

I modified my Krator pegs by grinding a radius and angling a cut on top of the Hinge part so they will rotate up all the way. If not modified they don't hinge very well. Also chamfer the end of the pins and they will go in easier. You may need to drill a hole in one peg for the spring. Some people just bend it. Do a search for Krator pegs I posted some pics on what I did. Ok here it is

Edited for clarity:

I have some good pics in the other thread about were to grind for max fold. POST#27. I used a 4 1/2" angle grinder but I think you could file them with a good file. A DREMEL would work too.

Also mine went together way easier by grinding a small bevel on the end of the clevis pin.

https://tw200forum.com/forum/performa...ot-pegs-3.html Post #27

Krator Yamaha Motocross MX Black Foot Pegs ?

Post #27
    Peterb likes this.
    ”Everything You Know is Wrong”

” How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You Are Nowhere at All?”

Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper ATV high bars, DG oval pipes, kick starters, rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -3 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Acerbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

For TW owers in Canada, here is the link for the pegs, I recommend this modification, worth every penny!!

https://www.kapscomoto.com/ca/motorc...1981-2012.html

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links