Foot Pegs
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Foot Pegs

Foot Pegs

Has anyone had any luck with after market foot pegs? I know there's Chinese bands that sell on e-bay and Amazon for dead cheap prices. But are they good??? Sure don't want them breaking off when I am standing up on my bike, this would be a disaster at 70 KMh!!!! break a leg or kill myself.
    Last edited by Tw200quebec; 08-18-2017 at 03:31 AM.
    littletommy and Darth like this.

Just get steel ones not aluminum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tw200quebec View Post
    Has anyone have luck with after market foot pegs? I know there's Chinese bands that sell on e-bay and Amazon of dead cheap prices. But are they good??? Sure don't want them breaking off when I am standing up on my bike, this would be a disaster at 70 KMh!!!! break a leg or kill myself.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Senior Member DARIVS ARCHITECTVS's Avatar
    The cheap Chinese pegs won't break off. If they do, you have worse problems to worry about that replacing some footpegs. Get the steel ones and they are strong enough. I added the wide pegs on my T-Dub and they are great.
    littletommy likes this.
    DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
    (Darius the Engineer)

1944 DKW NZ350-1 11. Panzerdivision
    2003 BMW R1150GS Adventure
    2010 Yamaha TW200 (cuz it's cute)

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Sure don't want them breaking off when I am standing up on my bike, this would be a disaster at 70 KMh!!!!

How do you get your TW to go that fast..?? haha

I'm 225 and my cheapies hold me fine, and have taken a couple knocks and are fine.
    I ordered the steel, rather than aluminum...I keep forgetting to put a magnet on them, but I'd wager a bet there's not much steel in them. They're pretty light and 'brittle white metal' feeling ....
    They're certainly not something you hold in your hand and think, "Now that's a good, solid piece of riggin'." But, I don't think people have ever had a problem with them breaking....and like it was said, if you break one, you're got bigger problems.
    And....if they DO shatter with a hard impact to a rock or something, that's better than them twisting the mounting plates up, or fetching up and causing a crash.
    Last edited by GCFishguy; 08-17-2017 at 11:07 AM.
    littletommy and Toecutter like this.

Senior Member Leisure Time Larry's Avatar
    Many of the aftermarket peg options require a little modification to get them to work right, like drilling a spring hole. Even my IMS pegs needed some work on the bandsaw to properly fit and pivot in the mount.
    littletommy and Peterb like this.
    - Leisure Time Larry -
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2004 TW200, 13-55 gearing, Shinko 241, Race Tech Emulators, Procycle front springs, Works Performance rear shock, Emgo handguards, Luckybike mirror risers, Ken Sean DS foldable mirrors, 30mm Tusk bar risers, Seat Concepts, Kick Starter kit, Plasti-dip camo coat, Cycle Pumps, Ricochet Skid Plate, flood and spot LED pod lights, Sena, Garmin etrex 20 GPS, IMS 313114 folding shifter

Has anyone had issues with the aluminum pegs breaking? The TW isn't a bike where someone might be flat landing a 70' jump
    littletommy likes this.

Senior Member Leisure Time Larry's Avatar
    A quick search reveals the answer is yes... https://tw200forum.com/forum/performa...foot-pegs.html

The steel Chinese ones would be less of a concern to me if I was a street only rider, because you're right, we aren't doing crazy jumps, but an off-road crash or bash in the backcountry on the trail could be devastating. I've bent my pegs or peg mounts a few times via boulders trying to tackle me, to know not to risk a cheap cast peg exploding on me.

The TW and the riders and situations are so diverse that there is no right part or right mod or right answer that will work for everyone. As they say, YMMV.
    littletommy, admiral and Darth like this.
    - Leisure Time Larry -
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2004 TW200, 13-55 gearing, Shinko 241, Race Tech Emulators, Procycle front springs, Works Performance rear shock, Emgo handguards, Luckybike mirror risers, Ken Sean DS foldable mirrors, 30mm Tusk bar risers, Seat Concepts, Kick Starter kit, Plasti-dip camo coat, Cycle Pumps, Ricochet Skid Plate, flood and spot LED pod lights, Sena, Garmin etrex 20 GPS, IMS 313114 folding shifter

Quote Originally Posted by GCFishguy View Post
    Sure don't want them breaking off when I am standing up on my bike, this would be a disaster at 70 KMh!!!!

How do you get your TW to go that fast..?? haha

I'm 225 and my cheapies hold me fine, and have taken a couple knocks and are fine.
    I ordered the steel, rather than aluminum...I keep forgetting to put a magnet on them, but I'd wager a bet there's not much steel in them. They're pretty light and 'brittle white metal' feeling ....
    They're certainly not something you hold in your hand and think, "Now that's a good, solid piece of riggin'." But, I don't think people have ever had a problem with them breaking....and like it was said, if you break one, you're got bigger problems.
    And....if they DO shatter with a hard impact to a rock or something, that's better than them twisting the mounting plates up, or fetching up and causing a crash.
    Thanks for the reply, 70 kmh is not fast, I changed my gearing about a month ago, 15 tooth front sprocket, maximum speed 109 KMh for like 2 minutes!!! then let off the throttle. I cruze at 80 kmh no problem now.
    littletommy likes this.

I just took a piece of steel flat stock 3/4 inch wide and 1/8 inch thick and made a loop and welded it on to make the stock peg stick out another inch further.
    Then I welded a few bumps to the top of it for non slip. Much cheaper than buying a new peg and it was the size I wanted.
    Phelonius

Quote Originally Posted by phelonius View Post
    I just took a piece of steel flat stock 3/4 inch wide and 1/8 inch thick and made a loop and welded it on to make the stock peg stick out another inch further.
    Then I welded a few bumps to the top of it for non slip. Much cheaper than buying a new peg and it was the size I wanted.
    Wow ingenious! How about I ship you my pegs this winter and you can do the modification for me I pay you the amount Chinese cost plus 10$ You could make a side line business out of it.
    Howsbentley, Mattwings and Darth like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links