• 1 Post By Howsbentley
  • 1 Post By Stufidmotard
  • 2 Post By CS1983

Thread: ISO - cycleracks front rack

ISO - cycleracks front rack

New bike. New to the forum.
    Getting it set up
    littletommy and Howsbentley like this.

image.jpegWelcome aboard CBTW. I use the Cycleracks both front & rear . Their rear rack is awesome . If I were to do it again I'd look for a different front rack .
    With theirs anything that you put on the rack blocks the headlight. Also the front fender comes very close to the rack when the suspension is compressed & could interfere with that.
    I've seen others that put the rack above the headlight & that's the way I'd go if I did it again.
    Just a heads up : )))
    Last edited by Bobo413; 09-16-2017 at 09:26 AM.
    2005 Yamaha TW200
    2003 Kawasaki KLR650
    1995 BMW R100GSPD Classic
    1983 Honda CT110
    1984 Honda CT110

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo413 View Post
    image.jpegWelcome aboard CBTW. I use the Cycleracks both front & rear . Their rear rack is awesome . If I were to do it again I'd look for a different front rack .
    With theirs anything that you put on the rack blocks the headlight. Also the front fender comes very close to the rack when the suspension is compressed & could interfere with that.
    I've seen others that put the rack above the headlight & that's the way I'd go if I did it again.
    Just a heads up : )))
    I found one that has the rack above the headlight and it works great! It is angled aluminum a guy on ebay makes them - very solid and lightweight. It's nice to have a large rack up-front (a joke there somewhere?) I usually keep it empty with 2 bungies - great for bringing home groceries or an 18 pack......or "must have" stuff you find out while exploring the woods.
    littletommy, Dryden-Tdub and Ken like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Donzo View Post
    I found one that has the rack above the headlight and it works great! It is angled aluminum a guy on ebay makes them - very solid and lightweight. It's nice to have a large rack up-front (a joke there somewhere?) I usually keep it empty with 2 bungies - great for bringing home groceries or an 18 pack......or "must have" stuff you find out while exploring the woods.
    Sounds like a great front rack! Got a pic or link?
    #GYG

'13 TW200

A.T.
    littletommy likes this.

i built mine out of some aluminum stock from home depot and some small screws cost less than $20 and an hour or two of time to get it fitted right. you just do a little cutting and drill some holes and it bolts on with the existing bolts, one on the top of the forks and the bottom bolts onto the two bolts below on your forks. use angle for the sides and flat stock to put across the top. I don't have a pic but its pretty simple to build and keeps the headlight free
    littletommy likes this.

Considerations on a front rack:

above headlight = headlight functions without being blocked, but depending on load could adversely affect steering
    below headlight = headlight functions in a blocked manner, but lowers the weight in front.

Since I'm assuming most people don't transport bricks of lead on the front, the adverse steering thing probably isn't an issue. When I had a front rack, it was daytime use for extra firewood hauling. Obviously, no use at night.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

"I thought the slowest bike i have ever owned was going to kill me." - Hidden Content

The John Birch Society is too Liberal.

Sponosred Links