• 2 Post By Purple
  • 1 Post By littletommy
  • 2 Post By admiral
  • 2 Post By member540519
  • 1 Post By jtomelliott49
  • 1 Post By GaryL
  • 1 Post By member540519
  • 1 Post By GaryL

Thread: WTB: 2 small carb pieces - white plastic spacer for needle and the spring seat

WTB: 2 small carb pieces - white plastic spacer for needle and the spring seat

WTB: 2 small carb pieces

I bought a TW200 from a guy who had a local mechanic "fix" his carb and could never get it running. After taking it apart and rebuilding it, I found 2 main components missing.

1. I need the white plastic spacer that sits on the needle (Yamaha only sells this part if you buy the needle too under part # 5FY-14336-00-00)

2. I need the "Seat Spring" which is the plastic piece which goes between the large slide spring and needle (this part is on national backorder which is why I am posting here! part # 5LB-14936-00-00)

3. Also not necessarily urgent, but I would need the rubber battery strap if anyone has one too!

LMK if you have these parts and how much shipping would be to NJ 08077. Paypal ready!
    Last edited by member540519; 09-19-2017 at 04:32 PM.
    littletommy and jtomelliott49 like this.

Well done for identifying and sorting this all out

Welcome to the board ...............
    littletommy and jtomelliott49 like this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Welcome!!
    jtomelliott49 likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by member540519 View Post
    WTB: 2 small carb pieces

I bought a TW200 from a guy who had a local mechanic "fix" his carb and could never get it running. After taking it apart and rebuilding it, I found 2 main components missing.

1. I need the white plastic spacer that sits on the needle needle (Yamaha only sells this part if you buy the needle too under part # 5FY-14336-00-00)

2. I need the "Seat Spring" which is the plastic piece which goes between the large slide spring and needle (this part is on national backorder which is why I am posting here! part # 5LB-14936-00-00)

3. Also not necessarily urgent, but I would need a battery strap if anyone has one too!

LMK if you have these parts and how much shipping would be to NJ 08077. Paypal ready!
    Welcome to the forum.

Do you need the rubber strap which holds the battery in the battery box or a battery cable (from the battery to ground)? Sometimes people call the battery cable a battery strap which is why I ask for clarification.

Wish I could help on the carb parts but I'm still hoping to get my 3rd TW back up and running and don't want to part it out yet. Well, other than the parts I've taken off #3 to replace the ones I broke on my TW. Note to self, quite flipping the TW over at Moab...
    jtomelliott49 and littletommy like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Thanks for the warm welcomes! To clarify it is the rubber battery strap, not the cable. Thank you again.
    jtomelliott49 and littletommy like this.

I don't have the parts you need, but wish you the best in your search. And welcome from KS.
    littletommy likes this.
    Tom in Wichita

78 Moto Guzzi SP1000
    87 Yamaha TW200
    99 Yamaha TW200
    03 Honda Shadow Spirit (girlfriend's ride)
    74 Moto Guzzi Eldorado Police model (in many pieces)

Here is the parts diagram if it shows right. I have both those parts but for the old style carb pre 2001.

Yamaha Motorcycle Parts 2002 TW200 - TW200P CARBURETOR Diagram

Posting what year model your TW is is important because different carbs were on the early model from 1987-2000.

Some one tell me the length of the battery strap because I have one but not sure if it is the battery or tool kit one.

GaryL
    Last edited by GaryL; 09-19-2017 at 05:59 PM.
    littletommy likes this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

My TW200 is a 2006. Sorry about that. Also, I really only need that white nylon spacer for the needle and the battery strap now. The spring seat I was able to find! Any help is appreciated. Thanks again.
    littletommy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by member540519 View Post
    My TW200 is a 2006. Sorry about that. Also, I really only need that white nylon spacer for the needle and the battery strap now. The spring seat I was able to find! Any help is appreciated. Thanks again.
    All that really matters is if the carb is an early model before 2001 or a later one after 2001. They are completely different and none of my old style carb parts fit in the new. You can go to the link I posted and search for a 2000 TW carb and see just how different they are. Member JBfla is highly knowledgeable with the newer style carbs and was also able to help me with the old style ones. That part you need will likely come from a member who has a totally trashed carb or one that has the float posts broken off rendering the carb useless until and if he can repair the broke posts.

GaryL
    littletommy likes this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Sponosred Links