SOLD: xt350 tank
Close

<<<<<<<<SOLD>>>>>>>>

hi,

i have an '99 XT350 steel tank for sale. the inside has rust, but will clean up fine with acid or POR15.

outside is pretty good shape, only pair of small, shallow dents on the top right side. a few spots were the paint is rubbed through, mostly where the top of the seat meets the tank. overall good shape.

asking $65 plus shipping

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/7522167828/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/7522167974/
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Wow Joe, You must have scared them all with that four letter word "rust". There is rust and there is rust. You probably need to be more specific about how much rust or suffer the consequences of object silence. My first XT tank had rust particles that I was able to shake out for 3 hours with agitation while full of diesel fuel, but once rinsed, and accompanied by an inline filter, it served me for several years (and traded to another forum member for more use when replaced by a similar tank with fewer dents). I'd also point out that your tank will cost about $25 to ship within the US. I shipped one to Washington from NM for about $26 using UPS. I've got no irons in this fire other than being a great fan of the looks and performance potential of the XT350 tank on the TW. I'm just not into the pointed cone head look of the Clarkes, but I'd probably acclimate to it if I had one. Woops, I'm not trying to turn this thread into a name throwing contest about beauty and tanks. Good luck. Tom
    Tom - TW200 2002, Kawasaki VN 500 2006

Hidden Content

Central New Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by peruano View Post
    Wow Joe, You must have scared them all with that four letter word "rust". There is rust and there is rust. You probably need to be more specific about how much rust or suffer the consequences of object silence. My first XT tank had rust particles that I was able to shake out for 3 hours with agitation while full of diesel fuel, but once rinsed, and accompanied by an inline filter, it served me for several years (and traded to another forum member for more use when replaced by a similar tank with fewer dents). I'd also point out that your tank will cost about $25 to ship within the US. I shipped one to Washington from NM for about $26 using UPS. I've got no irons in this fire other than being a great fan of the looks and performance potential of the XT350 tank on the TW. I'm just not into the pointed cone head look of the Clarkes, but I'd probably acclimate to it if I had one. Woops, I'm not trying to turn this thread into a name throwing contest about beauty and tanks. Good luck. Tom

hi tom,

thanks for the advice. it's a good looking tank and only has light rust inside. i'm not sure why no bites, as i have seen wonders done with acid baths etc. and this tank isn't bad. oh well we'll i can always put it on the bay, but that entails more hassle.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I'll take it.

Please contact me with your preferred payment method (I can't do paypal), total with shipping (please use the cheapest method).
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

"I thought the slowest bike i have ever owned was going to kill me." - Hidden Content

The John Birch Society is too Liberal.

Sponosred Links