2015 TW in Eastern Canada - Feeler
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: 2015 TW in Eastern Canada - Feeler

2015 TW in Eastern Canada - Feeler

2015, 6000kms.

Shinko 241 with a few thousand KMs on it.
    Yamaha rack and storage box (Not a Pelican, but sure tastes like pelican.....)
    Aluminum handguards
    Moose carbon steel 'ATV-hi' bars.
    The larger eBay footpegs.
    45-tooth JT rear sprocket and o-ring chain.
    Oil changed about every 1000kms, Lucas semi-synthetic.
    The owner's manual, both keys, the original front tire, foot pegs and 50-tooth sprocket would go along with it.
    The passenger pegs and brackets are not in the picture, but are back on the bike now. I removed them....to save weight. How ludicrous that sounds when you actually type it out....

Bought it as a learner bike with a plan in the back of my head to go a bit bigger and more highway capable in a couple years.
    It's been a year....kind of have my eye on something, so putting a feeler out and see what happens.

$3400 <-- Not written in stone, but not going to give it away either)
    Located in Moncton, New Brunswick.

TW200.jpg
    Last edited by GCFishguy; 09-27-2017 at 07:14 AM.

Oops I clicked on "Like". I don't like this at all. I haven't even ridden with you yet and I might not be able to keep up with you if you get a big boy bike.

If I drove all the way to North Bay next year, would I get sent home because I showed up with a DR650? haha

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

"If I drove all the way to North Bay next year, would I get sent home because I showed up with a DR650? haha"

Not a problem. In fact I owned one a couple years ago too. I traded tinybear (another forum member) my 2010 TW for it and now we are both back on TW200s.... just saying. The DR is a nice bike but just to big and heavy for me on most of the trails I ride however it might suit you and the places you ride. If you can, keep the TW till you are sure that is what you want. No body should own just one bike anyways.

Agreed the DR is a great bike and I PERSONALLY WILL own one again (along side my two TWs) some day BUT off road it was just too much for me it was too big too heavy and had enuff power to get into trouble in a hurry. And I'm a Pretty big dude at 6ish feet and 280lbs. I could lift that DR without issue but it was not fun trying to drag it out of a ditch when I lost it in a rutted out sand corner. Too be fair though I am a decently experienced rider (14 years) I have only been playing off road regularly now for the last 4 years.

In comparison the TW is a JOY off road easy to toss about and can go places I never thought I'd try off road. BUT on road well it works but I sure miss the DR there. Thankfully I have multiple bikes and have a Vstrom for my road riding and use the TW for off roading and a some commuting (only 10kms to my work). Essentially the TW allowed me to have fun off the beaten path all day without truly feeling beaten to a pulp. The DR felt like too much work on the trail and stoped being fun too soon in the day for my liking.

If your main riding is on the street the DR will serve you very well and it's great on easier groomed trails. But when the going gets tuff off road you will be sapped for energy and the risk of injury when/if you go down off road is slightly higher simply due to the added weight.
    Last edited by Tinybear; 09-28-2017 at 01:17 AM.
    2017 Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT

2010 Yamaha TW200

2016 Polaris Sportsman 450 HO

2005 Yamaha Bruin 350 4x4

Thanks for the feedback guys. I do appreciate it. I'm still on the fence.
    Having racked up 12,000km on my ATV in the past bunch of years, I've kind of seen all the crappy trails around here, and am...over it? lol I'm honestly finding that I'm enjoying exploring country roads I've never been on, and dirt roads, and good ATV trail... If I come to something that looks 'ehhh....', I turn around and find a different way to get where I'm going...or go somewhere completely different. I'm also wanting to get some storage and do some touring around, weekend camping, etc.
    Not that the TW won't do all that....
    The DR's in nice shape, is an '09 with only 6000kms. Spoke to the Suzuki dealer, they were nice enough to check what they could in their records and Suzuki's and see if there's records of it having 15,000kms on it 5 years ago or something dicey...nothing like that came up. Even swap for the TW, plus $750 in cash. And they put a 30-day powertrain warranty on it.. I'll pull the cover off and check/address the NSU bolts, and all the other DR650 stuff.....if there's a current issue with something, it'll rear its head in 30 days of riding....

It has 2 new Kenda's (50/50 sort of rubber), an actual rack, a good skidplate, a brand new rear shock due to a leak, and aside from that it's all there...it has a few bumps and scrapes, but nothing that I likely won't inflict myself over the span of a few years.

I just don't know....given that I don't want to do any tough trails and stuff, I'd likely be better off with the DR to build into what I want. BUT..I know what I've got with the TW, and it plugs around dirt roads and trails just fine.
    littletommy, Peterb and Ken like this.

I can tell by reading what you're writing you want to move on, which is fine. The seed has already been planted. A few regret leaving their TW days behind them but most do not. If you can't or don't want to keep both, then the handwriting is on the wall.
    littletommy, Ken and boumboQC like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Neither the room in the tiny shed, or the $$ to keep two bikes on the road. I think the TW was (still is) perfect as a do-it-all bike, and if I didn't have that urge to go so some weekend camping and stuff, it still would be perfect... Plus now I have 4000kms worth of riding in and have been able to figure out what sort of riding I want to do. I still feel like I should go out to the shed and apologize to the little TW for what I'm considering. hehe

Quote Originally Posted by GCFishguy View Post
    I still feel like I should go out to the shed and apologize to the little TW for what I'm considering. hehe

I know. It's sort of like taking your dog to the vet to be put down. You feel guilty but it's got to be done.
    littletommy and Ken like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Glad to see everyone's at the same level of weird as I am. haha
    And never know, if I do pull the trigger, I might end up with a TW again later on.
    littletommy, Peterb and Ken like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links