DOT "learner" TW's for sale in Connecticut miles - no reserve online auction
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: DOT "learner" TW's for sale in Connecticut miles - no reserve online auction

DOT "learner" TW's for sale in Connecticut - no reserve online auction

Public surplus has 4 TW's listed for sake in CT all are 2005 and 2006's with 3k to 5k miles each looks like they have been in storage in outdoor containers so expect to do a complete R&R on the carb and batteries etc

check the link and then click view sellers other items to find the other 3

https://www.publicsurplus.com/sms/au...ew?auc=1958615

I can't imagine how they put so many miles on learner bikes they usually only have a few hundred miles but these also look like they got stashed away in storage and forgot about for many years
    maddawgj and littletommy like this.
    "It's Like Warm Apple Pie"

Hidden Content

The private learning company bikes that go up for sale in BC usually have 30 000 + KM on them.
    littletommy and PlacerLode like this.
    2001 TW200 sporting a MT43 up front. Duro has gone to a good home. 2015 VStrom XT, 1996 DT 200, Broken 2010 Xingue 400 XY. 2009 WR250r now shared with my son.

I see they didn't like the death wing either
    Greg
    2020 yamaha TW200
    2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Noticed that - odd choice though ....
    littletommy and PlacerLode like this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

the Coastal Empire (i.e. islands outside Savannah)
    Wow I’ve spent what they are going for just on used parts to rebuild mine. Could have gotten a whole spare.
    littletommy likes this.
    Forever grateful for all your help brother
    2005 TW wrecked in ‘14 and rebuilt in ‘17. ‘06 donor parts and new OEM, Carb jetted & shimmed, ‘04 XT225 gas tank, UNI air filter, Shinko 241 front, modded Krator pegs, IMS folding shifter, JT 14/47 sprockets, huge car horn, tool tube, DR8EIX plug, short rear signals, Cycleracks rear, All Balls steering bearings, Protaper ATV High bars, OEM Kickstarter with more to come...

Quote Originally Posted by maddawgj View Post
    Wow I’ve spent what they are going for just on used parts to rebuild mine. Could have gotten a whole spare.
    it is an auction and they ain't sold til they are sold and usually the real bidding is in the last 5 minutes
    littletommy likes this.

Hidden Content

Looks like the more popular of the 3 they are at least indicating poor overall condition, trans in poor condition and tires in poor condition.
    This is not far from me but for the money you could invest a bit more and get a decent runner. At over $1000 on this one the money is only in parts now unless you like to tinker.

Those poor Honda's are trashed. What a shame.
    littletommy likes this.

3,000 miles of mostly newbies figuring out what a clutch is and dropping these bikes seems like a bad buy. But if they were regularly maintained by the motor pool, there might not be as much to worry about. The fact that they didn’t at least install barkbusters is not a good sign.

In the 70s and 80s, our family only bought our vehicles through the State and County motor pool auctions. My Dad got good at figuring which ones saw light duty (Zoning Administrator, Building Inspector) versus hard duty (State Patrol, Sheriff, etc). He always found light duty cream puffs and they all had the police interceptor packages. We drove those cars forever. Even the hard duty cars were regularly maintained and were known to be reliable used cars. Only because they had a really good motor pool maintenance group.
    01 SOLD
    96 SOLD
    89 restored SOLD
    89 (restoration in process)
    05 (restoration in process)
    03 SOLD
    04 in great condition

the Coastal Empire (i.e. islands outside Savannah)
    For $1,150 I’d have picked it up for parts if i had the time to get it and bring it back here.
    littletommy likes this.
    Forever grateful for all your help brother
    2005 TW wrecked in ‘14 and rebuilt in ‘17. ‘06 donor parts and new OEM, Carb jetted & shimmed, ‘04 XT225 gas tank, UNI air filter, Shinko 241 front, modded Krator pegs, IMS folding shifter, JT 14/47 sprockets, huge car horn, tool tube, DR8EIX plug, short rear signals, Cycleracks rear, All Balls steering bearings, Protaper ATV High bars, OEM Kickstarter with more to come...

Not a bad buy in my opinion I actually would have bought all 4 and flipped them for double what they sold for easily. The "poor" designation re tires and tranny etc is just a gubment worker checking boxes to cover their arses the trannies would have been just fine. I doubt they were "dumped" much if at all because you won't pass the rather expensive training class if you dump and break the instructors bikes

Looking back at the pics they were all in great shape and would have washed up perfectly so they would be more than double the money retail
    Last edited by PlacerLode; 10-23-2017 at 05:46 PM.

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links