• 2 Post By putt-putt
  • 3 Post By Cascade Rider
  • 2 Post By plumbstraight
  • 2 Post By putt-putt
  • 4 Post By Fred
  • 3 Post By troll

Thread: Looks like a sweet deal!

Looks like a sweet deal!

Hmmmm, I found this on kijiji, Alberta. Sure looks like a sweet deal!

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-motorcycle-o...ationFlag=true

putt-putt
    littletommy and maddawgj like this.

Great looking machine! Too bad buying bikes from across the border leaves an expensive and unpleasant taste in the mouth.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

I agree, that is about $3,310 USD for a 2018 with 39 miles (oops, 39 kilometers or about 24.2 miles).

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I retired from Alberta. If mine didn't only have 1200 kms, I would scoop this one! I hope someone from the forum in Canada can take advantage of this. There is a member from Victoria that I believe was looking for one.......
    littletommy and Tweaker like this.

Price is pretty good although before I bought my '06 I had stopped at a local dealer around the middle of October and they offered me a brand new 2017 for net $4,160 (cdn) before taxes which would've come with a full warranty, not sure about the warranty with used, even slightly used.
    Hidden Content Sold...Oct 2018......'01 F650GS

Smile Importing motorcycles from Canada into the US

A few weeks ago I saw an ad for a TW for sale across the border in Vancouver, turned out to be Grewen’s prevoius bike. Nice bike, Grewen, would have been proud to own it.

It was sold, but got me thinking. As I live closer to British Columbia than I do 49 American states, I really should be TW shopping there as well as locally since they are so DAM HIGH priced used in western Washington (to semi-quote Placerlode). At that time I decided to become an expert through the internet, but came away convinced the import transaction effort and costs were too high and risky.

Now a few years ago i bought a new canoe in Canada, paid no taxes on it re-entering Washington state, and the US Border Agent, after checking the bill of sale, was only interested in what drugs I was smuggling in my truck ((he missed them - they were in the floatation chambers ). [Later amendment: my wife read this and did not find this nearly as amusing as I did, So it never happened. There.]

So two weeks ago I called a US Border Agent at Sumas, Washington, and he, stating the neccessary forms, said the paperwork was minimal (like the canoe) and no tax was to be collected at the border (would be at my local state license office). I followed up with a second call to an agent at the Blaine border crossing and got the same answer.

I would like to hear from anyone who has purchased a car, truck or motorcycle in Canada and brought it into the US.
    Last edited by Cascade Rider; 12-01-2017 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Assuring laws were not broken
    maddawgj, Fred and littletommy like this.
    God made mud. God got lonesome. So God said to some of the mud, "Sit up!" "See all I've made," said God, "The hills, the sea, the sky, the stars." And I was some of the mud that got to sit up and look around. Lucky me, lucky mud. I, mud, sat up and saw what a nice job God had done.
    Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

I have gone back and forth across the borders to alaska and back with my quad, tractor, bikes and such all I was ever asked is if I owned them and if I was going to unload anything in Canada or do any work with the tractor in canada. No issues at all.

With the current strength of your currency, you should be able to do ok if the paperwork is not too offensive. I bought my boat in Oregon and had no problem bringing it back to Canada. If you do not attempt to evade any taxes and do your paper work properly, it shouldn't be a big deal.

Importation is not an issue, however subsequent successful registration is dependent on having secured and completed proper paperwork at time of entry. You will need to prove that you filed correct entry with US Customs and Border Patrol to your state’s DMV.“If you bought or were given an imported vehicle from someone in the U.S., and they did not clear it through CBP before selling or giving it to you, there could be a problem. It is illegal to sell an imported vehicle that has not been formally entered, and it is subject to seizure. When filing an entry with CBP for your vehicle, you must be able to demonstrate to CBP that you own the vehicle and it conforms to U.S. emissions and safety standards. You have to submit proof of ownership such as a certificate of title, bill of sale, or manufacturer statement of origin to a CBP Officer at the port.You also have to submit the Department of Transportation (DOT) Form HS-7, and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Form 3520-1. Keep a copy of these forms just in case the DMV wants a copy of them.Once you have officially filed your entry and paid duty on the vehicle, you will receive CBP Form 7501 Entry Summary. This form is your proof that you filed your entry with CBP, so be sure to keep a copy to present to the DMV when registering your vehicle.” - From the CPB websitehttps://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrT6VlqBSNawYQAw6kPxQt.;_ylu=X3oDMTEybXNuNWl hBGNvbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDQjQxMjNfMQRzZWMDc3I-/RV=2/RE=1512273387/RO=10/RU=https%3a%2f%2fhelp.cbp.gov%2fapp%2fanswers%2fde tail%2fa_id%2f425%2f~%2fregistering-a-foreign-registered-vehicle%252C-car-or-motorcycle-in-the-u.s.-with/RK=2/RS=HkAYdyXEljYBxiBG0aQ9xapscCw-What could be simpler?
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

frozen wasteland of the barren north, Yukon Territory, Canada
    I've brought motorcycles and boats into Canada from the States.... No issues..... Just need the proper paperwork. I am sure there is no problem the other direction.... California reg might be an issue.....
    littletommy, maddawgj and tuna like this.

Sponosred Links