WTB a rear wheel hub for a TW200, want for a trailer wheel modification.
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: WTB a rear wheel hub for a TW200, want for a trailer wheel modification.

WTB a rear wheel hub for a TW200, want for a trailer wheel modification.

WTB a rear wheel hub for a TW200, need to do a trailer wheel modification.

Doug,
    littletommy likes this.
    2016, stock'ish and a 2003 Starting on a 225 or bigger 6 speed build as a spare for now and install later when done and ready on this bike.

I can get you a new hub from scratch so you can keep your original wheel
    littletommy likes this.

Please advise of cost for that option, i saw the original in the trailer wheel thread. Have you cloverleafed the wheel mounting flange to allow less material to be removed from the wheel flange itself or is it still round ? Thanks
    2016, stock'ish and a 2003 Starting on a 225 or bigger 6 speed build as a spare for now and install later when done and ready on this bike.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Its still round because the cloverleaf pattern wont change much and doesn't seem to be causing any harm. The cost is $314 that's with shipping.
    Trail Woman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DougDotyTW200 View Post
    Please advise of cost for that option, i saw the original in the trailer wheel thread. Have you cloverleafed the wheel mounting flange to allow less material to be removed from the wheel flange itself or is it still round ? Thanks

I tested Stufidmotards "round flange" hub on our cut trailer rim where we used the hub from Mike in California. The round flange nearly fit through the existing cut I made in the rim and was only off by 1 or 2 mm, so very close. This 1-2 mm could be because my cut was freehand and not precise. I can only get my clover leafed hub through the rim a certain way because of my freehandedness. So, no real difference between the two when inserting through the rim.

The picture is a little deceiving because it makes the flange look so much bigger than the clover leafed rim opening but I can attest it's only off by just a smidge. And you can see the results of my cutting skills. Oops.

Here are the two hubs. On left is the one from Stufidmotard and the on the right the one from Mike in California.

Last edited by admiral; 01-31-2018 at 08:55 AM.
    littletommy and Ken like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    I tested Stufidmotards "round flange" hub on our cut trailer rim where we used the hub from Mike in California. The round flange nearly fit through the existing cut I made in the rim and was only off by 1 or 2 mm, so very close. This 1-2 mm could be because my cut was freehand and not precise. I can only get my clover leafed hub through the rim a certain way because of my freehandedness. So, no real difference between the two when inserting through the rim.

The picture is a little deceiving because it makes the flange look so much bigger than the clover leafed rim opening but I can attest it's only off by just a smidge. And you can see the results of my cutting skills. Oops.

Here are the two hubs. On left is the one from Stufidmotard and the on the right the one from Mike in California.

Thanks for that, I had read the whole thread a few nights ago and remembered it took a larger hole by a small amount and since it seems a lot is already removed from the trailer wheel, only leaving narrow flanges I was thinking it could be a concern. Maybe not after all.
    littletommy, admiral and Ken like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DougDotyTW200 View Post
    Thanks for that, I had read the whole thread a few nights ago and remembered it took a larger hole by a small amount and since it seems a lot is already removed from the trailer wheel, only leaving narrow flanges I was thinking it could be a concern. Maybe not after all.
    Not a concern of ripping up the trailer rim with the massive horsepower output from the TW. Since you read the "big thread" you may have noticed clover cuts were a concern from the beginning. There hasn't been any reports of damage. I believe snugging up the hub to the rim surface helps and well as keeping the lugs/stud bolts tight.

And if the wheel studs are not put into place before welding the plate, you'll have to use lug bolts similar to these.

Mounted
    littletommy likes this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Massive horsepower Surely you jest.... Thanks...
    admiral and littletommy like this.

The other difference that you will see on the hubs is that the main flange where it bolts to the wheel would be smaller and much lighter. Mine was a prototype and we have made future ones to fit into flat rate shipping boxes to save some money but it doesn't change the integrity at all. Mine is just huge

Can you post a current picture ??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links