93 TW200 for sale in Michigan
Close

Hey Guys,

1993 Yamaha TW200

This bike currently has 5900 miles but will change due to the fact that we are still commuting with it daily.

I am at least the third owner but have very little history to go by. It seems to be in above average shape for it's age. I have had it a year and have done the following.

Rattle can repaint using Krylon Fussion paint formulated specifically for painting plastics.

I added a 'Jimbo Shield' in light blue.

Changed both front and rear sprocket. Front CS changed to 15 tooth, rear to 50 to lower rpm at commuting speeds.

New chain, gaskets and oil seals installed with the new sprockets.

Installed heavy duty D-flex hand guards with white plastic covers.

Purchased and installed a small, pre owned rear top box which is great for carrying a small amount of gear with you while also providing a nice padded back rest for the passenger.

Cleaned and adjusted carb, replaced petcock, cleaned tank. I run Seafoam through it periodically to help keep the fuel system clean.

Starts very easily even when cold. Has electric but also has kick starter should you ever have the battery run down on you. New battery beginning of this last season.

All lights work. Brakes bring it down from 55mph, 2up without any drama.

Being a 200 cc bike it has limited top end. I would say that you are looking at a top end speed of maybe 60mph with 50 being a more reasonable expectation, especially if you run 2 up like we do.

Tires will need to be replaced next season. If I was to keep it I planned to make the switch from the stock knobby tires to a more street oriented tread pattern but you can pick whichever you like. The TW does exceptionally well as a trail bike. It is not a dirt bike and you won't be doing motocross type work with it. Great little commuter that is very much to home in gravel and dirt trails. Deep mud, deep sand is also fun once you learn to just go slow and steady. On the streets it is sure footed and very easy to maneuver through traffic. Seems to have a high conspicuity perhaps because it is so different looking.

Excellent fuel economy.

Originally purchased to serve as a reentry vehicle for myself and a trainer for my wife. It has quite admirably served this purpose and is now time for it to be passed on to the next fortunate owner.

Great trail bike, commuter, trainer and a lot of fun to play with off road. Lots of folks use these as campground get-abouts. They are often seen on the backs of motorhomes or caravans to be used in camp or to make that 'adult beverage' run to the local store.

I have just under 2K invested and am asking 1750.00. Proceeds going towards the purchase of a larger road specific touring motorcycle. I know already that this will be one of the bikes I will later regret selling but my loss is your gain. Can be seen daily by appointment.

FLASH!!!!!!

Price just dropped to 1600.00

The bike is located in Marshall Michigan 49068

E-mail me at [email protected]

Thanks for looking and good luck!

Cheers,

Darrel

Quote Originally Posted by Darrel View Post
    Hey Guys,

1993 Yamaha TW200

This bike currently has 5900 miles but will change due to the fact that we are still commuting with it daily.

I am at least the third owner but have very little history to go by. It seems to be in above average shape for it's age. I have had it a year and have done the following.

Rattle can repaint using Krylon Fussion paint formulated specifically for painting plastics.

I added a 'Jimbo Shield' in light blue.

Changed both front and rear sprocket. Front CS changed to 15 tooth, rear to 50 to lower rpm at commuting speeds.

New chain, gaskets and oil seals installed with the new sprockets.

Installed heavy duty D-flex hand guards with white plastic covers.

Purchased and installed a small, pre owned rear top box which is great for carrying a small amount of gear with you while also providing a nice padded back rest for the passenger.

Cleaned and adjusted carb, replaced petcock, cleaned tank. I run Seafoam through it periodically to help keep the fuel system clean.

Starts very easily even when cold. Has electric but also has kick starter should you ever have the battery run down on you. New battery beginning of this last season.

All lights work. Brakes bring it down from 55mph, 2up without any drama.

Being a 200 cc bike it has limited top end. I would say that you are looking at a top end speed of maybe 60mph with 50 being a more reasonable expectation, especially if you run 2 up like we do.

Tires will need to be replaced next season. If I was to keep it I planned to make the switch from the stock knobby tires to a more street oriented tread pattern but you can pick whichever you like. The TW does exceptionally well as a trail bike. It is not a dirt bike and you won't be doing motocross type work with it. Great little commuter that is very much to home in gravel and dirt trails. Deep mud, deep sand is also fun once you learn to just go slow and steady. On the streets it is sure footed and very easy to maneuver through traffic. Seems to have a high conspicuity perhaps because it is so different looking.

Excellent fuel economy.

Originally purchased to serve as a reentry vehicle for myself and a trainer for my wife. It has quite admirably served this purpose and is now time for it to be passed on to the next fortunate owner.

Great trail bike, commuter, trainer and a lot of fun to play with off road. Lots of folks use these as campground get-abouts. They are often seen on the backs of motorhomes or caravans to be used in camp or to make that 'adult beverage' run to the local store.

I have just under 2K invested and am asking 1750.00. Proceeds going towards the purchase of a larger road specific touring motorcycle. I know already that this will be one of the bikes I will later regret selling but my loss is your gain. Can be seen daily by appointment.

FLASH!!!!!!

Price just dropped to 1600.00

The bike is located in Marshall Michigan 49068

E-mail me at [email protected]

Thanks for looking and good luck!

Cheers,

Darrel

Last price reduction for the season...

First 1500.00 rides away.

Cheers,

Darrel

Have you sold it yet?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Hey Guys,

Bike is still available but I would sure like to sell it yet this season.

I purchased an 89 Honda PC800 and lack the room to store them both.

Asking 1500 OBO

Thanks,

Darrel

Sponosred Links