1997 TW200 - Austin, TX
Close
    It’s time for me to sell the TW. I’ve had it for about 7 months and put about 4,000mi on it. It’s been a great commuter, weekend warrior, and general run around town bike. I’m looking to get something that’s a little more comfortable over longer distances on the highway, so it’s got to go.

~7,858 miles, but I’m still riding it so it’ll get a little higher. Speedo was replaced with one from an XT225 because I wanted (needed) a trip meter. It reads exactly 5,000 miles lower than actual. I have pictures documenting when I swapped it out as proof.

For being 13 years old, the bike is in excellent shape. The tank, plastics, etc. are all in very good condition.

The carburetor has been exhaustively gone through and it’s perfect. Starts on the 1st kick 99% of the time. I get around 70mpg commuting to work and running around, it’d be more if I was taking it easy on back roads, less if I’m hustling it down the highway.

The chain, front sprocket (15 tooth), and throttle side case gasket were just replaced. With the 15t front sprocket, it is very happy to cruise up to about 60mph, but after that it gets buzzy. It’ll do 70mph or so flat out, but it doesn’t like going that fast for long. It’s happiest 50-60mph.

The front tire was replaced about a month ago, plenty of life left. The rear tire is still in good shape, I’d say around 30%. I’d be happy to spoon on a new tire if the buyer wants.

Valves recently checked, I’d be glad to show the buyer how to adjust them – it only takes about 20 minutes, very easy. Oil was always changed every 1,000mi if not sooner. It only holds a little over a quart, so better safe than sorry I thought.

The rear rack is a Cycleracks.com rack. Very heavy duty rack, a must have for the bike in my opinion. The Rubbermaid trunk is yours if you want it; it’s tough to keep the women at bay with its good looks though.

12v socket wired directly to battery – no problems running a tire pump, cell phone, GPS, etc.

Current inspection (good through June 2011), and registration (April 2011). No issues passing inspection, everything is current, legal, and passing.

Lots of extra stuff included – two front tubes, one rear tube. Two spark plugs, four reusable oil filters. Assortment of jets that should get you anywhere from sea level to 14,000’. The screws on the carb have been replaced with hex heads – you can swap jets on the side of the trail in a few minutes.

There’s a certain charm to the TW – cable brakes, clutch, everything. Kick starter. Drum brakes. It isn’t fancy, it isn’t fast, but it’s reliable, comfortable, and has intangibles in spades.

Clear, clean Texas title, in my name on hand. I’m ready to sell. Asking $1,600.00. Located in Pflugerville, just outside of Austin.

Five juan too – five six sevn – six tree five niine <- you can figure it out.

More pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/treybra...7625056737704/

trey
    '97 TW200

'07 Bandit 1250SA

Sold.

trey
    '97 TW200

'07 Bandit 1250SA

Sponosred Links