Oil cooler adapter filter covers available
Close

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: Oil cooler adapter filter covers available

Oil cooler adapter filter covers available

Hello everyone and greetings from Ukraine!

Us here (the local TW and XT owners) have manufactured a small number of oil filter cover adapters with banjo connectors to be able to install oil coolers. When we ordered them there was a minimum order size, which was larger than the number of us here. Now we have a few leftover units. So if anyone is interested, we will gladly sell them for 30 dollars a piece, complete with M12 banjo fittings. The shipping to US should come to around 20 dollars, so the total price should be around 50.

If you require a complete kit with hoses, clamps and a radiator, that can be arranged also, but will cost extra.

I am attaching some photos of the adapter on my bike. If anyone is interested, I will take more pictures of the internals.

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy_Bear View Post

Us here (the local TW and XT owners) have manufactured a small number of oil filter cover adapters with banjo connectors to be able to install oil coolers. When we ordered them there was a minimum order size, which was larger than the number of us here. Now we have a few leftover units. So if anyone is interested, we will gladly sell them for 30 dollars a piece, complete with M12 banjo fittings. The shipping to US should come to around 20 dollars, so the total price should be around 50.

If you require a complete kit with hoses, clamps and a radiator, that can be arranged also, but will cost extra.

I am attaching some photos of the adapter on my bike. If anyone is interested, I will take more pictures of the internals.

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail2.jpg
    Excellent!
    How much for a complete kit shipped to the UK?
    Ken and Jon62602 like this.

Buellzebub, strangely, shipping to the UK is quite a bit more expensive, I will check for the cheapest option and get back to you.
    buellzebub, Ken and Jon62602 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Buellzebub, strangely, shipping to the UK is quite a bit more expensive, I will check for the cheapest option and get back to you.
    OK, thanks
    Jon62602 likes this.

Very nice set up! I already have one of the Lizard system on my bike - I would definitely get one of these other wise, looks very heavy duty. The banjos would survive a drop/collision with a rock way better than the nipples on mine.
    grewen, Ken, Teddy_Bear and 1 others like this.

the one fitting is so close to the exhaust, i wonder how much cooling it will actually do?
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

Donzo; when we met at Fred's ride last year - I didn't really gather that you were the type to be stating that you felt your nipples were inferior to someone else's.
    Fred, Jon62602 and Donzo like this.

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail2.jpg
    How about pics with the cooler mounted, peeps wanna see the whole deal
    Ken, JerseyJeeper and Jon62602 like this.
    2005 TW200
    2007 Sportster 1200

I like the banjo fittings wish somebody would make these with the fitting facing away from the exhaust header

I'm sure they will cool just fine but the Jap coolers always seem to angle upwards as well but they often use down pipes on the street bobbers so it works out

I'd like to see the back side picks your prices are excellent!!!
    "It's Like Warm Apple Pie"

Hidden Content

Grewen, that's the "out" fitting, the oil is already hot there. The "in" fitting is lower. That's true that the top one is close to the exhaust, but if you compare the oil to air temperature difference the warmth from the exhaust is not much of a factor. In fact, I can hold my hand at the same distance from the pipe and it's far from burning, whereas I would surely burn it with oil.

Gulfrider, the pics are coming. I currently have the line looped, as the temps are low and my trip to work is short, so I really need to get that oil to operating temp. But once the weather warms up I will be running a copper pipe around the frame. Some guys here mount an aluminium rad, I can include that option in the kit(pic attached). I will mount one on my bike over the weekend I think and take some pics to show you guys.

Attachment 169321
    grewen and Jon62602 like this.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links