2017 TW 200 for sale
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: 2017 TW 200 for sale

2017 TW 200 for sale (SOLD)

Hi, I am selling my 2017 TW200. The bike has 345 miles on it most are road miles. The bike has a rear rack, hand guards and a Shinko SR 241 front tire. It has had two oil changes sofar. The bike was keep indoors and is like new. It is listed on Craigslist I am asking $3500.00 for it. The bike was sold.

https://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/mcy...575764595.html
    Last edited by floridaboy; 05-11-2018 at 07:50 AM. Reason: sold bike
    Ken likes this.

Looking for one like this in SoCal! Wish you were closer.
    Free bump for a nice bike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ken likes this.

you may need a "California bike" to register it in SoCal??

Quote Originally Posted by Ocbuckeye View Post
    Looking for one like this in SoCal! Wish you were closer.
    Free bump for a nice bike

Ken likes this.
    Husqvarna TE300i Fuel Injected 2-Stroke 2019
    Yamaha XT225 - 1999 Serow
    Yamaha TW200Z - 2010
    Yamaha BW200 Electric Start! - 1986
    Yamaha TTR225R - 2003
    Husqvarna 701 Enduro - 2017
    Kawasaki Prairie 650 - 2002

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJeeper View Post
    you may need a "California bike" to register it in SoCal??
    Hmmm, never heard that before. I had a tw from Arizona I registered here. Just registered a 07 Sportster from Idaho. All my BW bikes are from out of state. Is there some new law preventing me from registering a bike from out of state?

Ken likes this.

I very well could be wrong (that's why I put the question marks) but I heard that there was a newer law there. Something to the effect that if it was under x miles it needed to be a native Cali bike (emission system wise). Someone who knows for sure will be along. I'm on the wrong coast to have to commit it to memory.

Hmmm, never heard that before. I had a tw from Arizona I registered here. Just registered a 07 Sportster from Idaho. All my BW bikes are from out of state. Is there some new law preventing me from registering a bike from out of state?
    Last edited by JerseyJeeper; 04-30-2018 at 02:53 PM.
    Ken likes this.
    Husqvarna TE300i Fuel Injected 2-Stroke 2019
    Yamaha XT225 - 1999 Serow
    Yamaha TW200Z - 2010
    Yamaha BW200 Electric Start! - 1986
    Yamaha TTR225R - 2003
    Husqvarna 701 Enduro - 2017
    Kawasaki Prairie 650 - 2002

As a matter of fact, there is such a law. The California DMV considers a 49 state vehicle with less than 7,500 miles to be a new vehicle and will not allow registration without a California emissions sticker. This is to prevent someone from purchasing a new vehicle outside of California (and not meeting California emissions standards) and then bringing it into California.

(By the way, welcome to the forum OC - from a former Buckeye!)
    Last edited by TW-Brian; 05-01-2018 at 09:07 AM.

That's a good looking bike.
    Ken likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by floridaboy View Post
    Hi, I am selling my 2017 TW200. The bike has 345 miles on it most are road miles. The bike has a rear rack, hand guards and a Shinko SR 241 front tire. It has had two oil changes sofar. The bike was keep indoors and is like new. It is listed on Craigslist I am asking $3500.00 for it.

https://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/mcy...575764595.html
    Wish you were closer to Miami/Fort Lauderdale (my shipping port toTurks &Caicos), I would love to add a third to my collection
    JerseyJeeper and Ken like this.

Been there and done that! To register the bike in CA as stated above at least must have 7,500 miles and be 7 or 10 years old (check the CA DMV website for the exact rules). I actually bought one that was originally purchased in CA and had the paperwork to prove it, the original buyers registered the bike in Oregon and brought it back to sell in CA, because out of state prices are lower due to the 49 state bikes. I took the paperwork in the the DMV and they said fine and I paid used tax etc-8 weeks later I received a letter from the DMV that stated my registration was suspended since it was an out of state bike. So back to the DMV 4 times, two times with the bike and twice without the bike. The DMV said I need a letter from Yamaha stating the bike was CA legal; so I get the letter and go back to the DMV for trip #5 and the DMV said who told you to get this letter since it's no good? I pointed to the clerk that told me to get the letter-who saw me then went on break; so I asked for the supervisor. The supervisor said the letter was no good and I would have to bring in the side panel with the emissions sticker-so trip #6, showed the letter from Yamaha, the original purchase paperwork from a SoCal dealer and the side panel-and the verdict was NO GOOD they needed to see the bike again! So trip #8 with the bike and after waiting 2 hours for the inspection (which was approved), back in line at the DMV for an hour and 1/2 and the bike was approved for CA registration. Me personally will never again purchase a bike that has been registered out of state, just too much hassle and 7 months to get it corrected.

SORRY for the long winded venting POST!

By the way CA buyers be careful lots of TW200s on Craigs List with CA OHV Green stickers, which are harder to street register than my experience above. Once it's got a green sticker for OHV it's near impossible to register for street. There was even a seller on Craigs List stating rare out of state bike without CA smog canister, hopefully the buyer did not try and register in CA.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links