(Found) WTB: TW200 in Oregon area
Close

***FOUND - NO LONGER NEEDED***

I live in Central Oregon and am interested in a TW200.

I wish I scored the one on Craigslist a few days back but just missed it from Eastern Oregon for $1800 (2004, 4,500 miles, front and rear cycleracks, great condition)

Ideally I'd like a bike with cycleracks and mileage under 5k.

Thanks all!

***FOUND - NO LONGER NEEDED***
    2007 TW200

here's one in bay area california. looks clean, and it's been up for awhile, so they might be agreeable to negotiate.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/mcy/3422873464.html

you might try this "all craigslist" site too to broaden your search: http://www.statewidelist.com

good luck
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

This is about 150 miles from the Oregon border and off hwy. 5. Gerry

http://redding.craigslist.org/mcy/3393878329.html
    Take care my Friend.........

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Here is a bit of a project bike in the Portland area (it does not have a Cyclerack): 1999 TW200 in PDX area

Looking to sell or trade my Tw200

Runs and rides

New Header

New chain

New oil and filter

New Air filter

New grips

All lights work Signals, tail light

Electric start and kick start

No battery though.

Speed-o doesnt work correctly

Could use a new front break cable kinda sticky

Could use new clutch lever the little ball is broke off the end but works fine now.

Title not in my name going to try and do that in the next few days.

Also, there is a guy in the Salem area that has been trying to sell his 2012 TW (with less than 100 miles if I recall) that does have a rear Cyclerack. He has had it on and off Craigslist for the last few months. The problem is that he has it priced very close to what you can buy a brand new 2013 TW for at the shop in Sublimity.

Also, Bay Area Yamaha in North Bend, Oregon did have a couple of brand new 2012 models that they were selling for around $3700-ish (they might be gone by now, but if you are willing to travel it would be worth a call).

Having just completed a 3 month hunt in Oregon for mine, all I can say is you have to be ready to pounce immediately if you see one go up for sale. Use one of the multi-location Craigslist search engines so you can check throughout Oregon.

It also helps to have allies to add eyeballs in your search process. MrBracket and darnold helped me find mine.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Old White Truck View Post
    Here is a bit of a project bike in the Portland area (it does not have a Cyclerack): 1999 TW200 in PDX area

Looking to sell or trade my Tw200

Runs and rides

New Header

New chain

New oil and filter

New Air filter

New grips

All lights work Signals, tail light

Electric start and kick start

No battery though.

Speed-o doesnt work correctly

Could use a new front break cable kinda sticky

Could use new clutch lever the little ball is broke off the end but works fine now.

Title not in my name going to try and do that in the next few days.
    HA!

i sold them the '94 side panels.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by jwashkau View Post
    I live in Central Oregon and am interested in a TW200.

I wish I scored the one on Craigslist a few days back but just missed it from Eastern Oregon for $1800 (2004, 4,500 miles, front and rear cycleracks, great condition)

Ideally I'd like a bike with cycleracks and mileage under 5k.

Thanks all!

Oh wow I must not have subscribed to my own post, didn't even know it had replies! Bummer. I have been eyeing the Salem one but he wants 4k and is very firm, I think he said he would do 3900.

I finally found a 2007 with 533 miles, front and rear cycle racks, only 1.5 hours away in Prineville. I live pretty remote in Antelope, OR and even Portland is a solid 4 hours. Borrowed a truck and got it home no problem. Paid 2600 which was the very top of my budget, but it should last me a long time. My 61 scout needs some work, so this will buy me some time to tear it apart.

Took some heet to even get it running, it's sat for a while but is in nice shape. I plan to do all new fluids, clean carb out and possibly replace spark plug. I may go through the sticky post on how to resurrect an old bike. I've never ridden a bike until yesterday and it was definitely fun. Lots of property out here, should be a good investment for me.

Thanks all for your posts even though I somehow missed them!
    2007 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by jwashkau View Post
    I finally found a 2007...

Hey, Great News. Congratulations!

Driving through Antelope always puts a smile on my face. A great little town in the middle of nowhere. We usually go through in the spring or in the fall and it is beautiful; we usually stop to take pictures. When I was a kid I went to Camp Hancock during the summer and went swimming at Clarno. I really like the area. It seems like a perfect place to own and ride a TW.

Post a picture of your new TW if you can.

Sponosred Links