Looking for OEM rear rack
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Looking for OEM rear rack

Looking for OEM rear rack

Hey everyone,

I am a new member so I'm not sure if I'm doing this right but here goes nothing! I just picked up a 1987 TW200 with 2,500 miles on it the other day for what I think is a fairly reasonable price. I honestly couldn't find anything to nitpick to bring the price down, however it does not have the rear rack on it and I just love how the rack makes the bike look. So the question at hand is whether or not anyone on here has an OEM rack I could purchase. I would imagine that any model would fit but like I said I'm new to this so any help would be appreciated! The part number is ABA-2JY51-00-00 I believe. So if anyone has one for sale, regardless of condition for a fair price (unlike Amazon or Ebay) let me know!

Thanks in advance for your guys help,

Ted
    Elvesus and Smitty Blackstone like this.

Welcome from Vancouver Island, BC! Good luck with your rack search. If you're considering alternatives, Manracks, Cycleracks and Happy Trail make popular racks for the TW that can carry a considerable load.
    Gulfrider likes this.
    John in Nanaimo

2013 TW200 - with Shinko 241 front tire, Rox 2" anti-vibe risers, Polisport Touquet handguards, homemade wind deflector, Manracks utility rack

I would def say look into aftermarket racks. The factory rack don't hold much weight. The man racks have small size one's if that's what you want. Cycle racks seems to be the most popular but also the largest.
    Elvesus likes this.
    2005 TW200
    2007 Sportster 1200

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Gulfrider View Post
    I would def say look into aftermarket racks. The factory rack don't hold much weight. The man racks have small size one's if that's what you want. Cycle racks seems to be the most popular but also the largest.
    Ive been looking into aftermarket racks but as always, price is a factor for me. I do like the happytrails rack partnered with a rotopax mount for hauling a modular gas tank but I'm going to wait to see if anyone has any used alternatives before I go through with that. Thanks for your input!
    Elvesus likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvesus View Post
    Welcome from Vancouver Island, BC! Good luck with your rack search. If you're considering alternatives, Manracks, Cycleracks and Happy Trail make popular racks for the TW that can carry a considerable load.
    Thanks for your input and warm welcome! I just looked into those alternatives and am liking what I see. I will wait to see if anyone has a used one before buying one new, can't justify paying full price just yet!
    Elvesus likes this.

I have a new take-off OEM rack for sale. I would sell it for 80.00 shipped if you're interested.
    It retails for about 145.00

Quote Originally Posted by aznewfy View Post
    I have a new take-off OEM rack for sale. I would sell it for 80.00 shipped if you're interested.
    It retails for about 145.00
    I will PM you and we can discuss further details. Thanks!

Nice offered deal on the Yamaha rack, most affordable new I have seen is ~$128 not including shipping.
    It is not original equipment though, the OEM unit is the 8 lb rated rubbery plastic load plate seen below the rack.
    Yamaha's compact TW rack does look rather nice.rack.jpg
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Nice offered deal on the Yamaha rack, most affordable new I have seen is ~$128 not including shipping.
    It is not original equipment though, the OEM unit is the 8 lb rated rubbery plastic load plate seen below the rack.
    Yamaha's compact TW rack does look rather nice.rack.jpg
    Thanks for the clarification! I'm a tad bit off when it comes to terminology, I figured the rack was an add on from Yamaha meaning it was OEM. It appears aznewfy is talking about the actual metal rack so I'm glad he was on the same page as me! I've sent payment for the rack and look forward to putting this thread to rest!
    Ken likes this.
    1987 TW200

When the son of the deposed king of Nigeria emails you directly, asking for help, you help! His father ran the freaking country! Ok?

Welcome,
    TW's didn't come stock with racks. But a nice after market rack can be had by Pro Cycle (541) 688-9543 from $89.95, the rack for $129.95 is wider than most and has hand rails, but the best part is if the bike goes over the rack takes the scratches not costly OEM parts. They have a good selection of other TW accessories with fair prices.
    Happy trails,
    Teddy_Bang_Bang and Ken like this.
    You'll never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office!

Theirs a ass for every seat!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links