TW225 Countershaft Extension for XT - TTR etc 6 speed Big Bore Conversions - Page 3
Close

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree447Likes

Thread: TW225 Countershaft Extension for XT - TTR etc 6 speed Big Bore Conversions

Quote Originally Posted by Tw200eac View Post
    Thanks mate
    Just need to get a cost on part + postage to Australia
    Cheers eddie
    you can find shipping cost calculators all over the interwebs

Australia is flat out the most expensive country I've ever shipped to by a large margin I stopped shipping outside the US about 10 years ago because the only people who don't seem to know how expensive shipping is are the folks from Australia, NZ and Canada

Every 2 or 3 years I get a soft spot and agree to mail something to canada but when I waste my time preparing a quote they always give me the wow I cant afford that due to the exchange rate and on top of that there is no secured method of payment from either country short of a wire transfer which has multiple hop wire fees on my end usually 3 banks and $65 in fees
    jtomelliott49 likes this.
    "It's Like Warm Apple Pie"

Hidden Content

Paypal has worked perfectly for me in the past. The fees are very minimal and if you have an issue with the other party not following through on their end, filing a paypal dispute has helped me avoid getting ripped off a few times.

If that doesn't work email transfers are another low fee money transfer solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Trail Woman View Post
    Paypal has worked perfectly for me in the past. The fees are very minimal and if you have an issue with the other party not following through on their end, filing a paypal dispute has helped me avoid getting ripped off a few times.

If that doesn't work email transfers are another low fee money transfer solution.
    paypal protection for buyers is fair but not great I was burned on a $1500 ebay purchase where they gave me back 14 cents (yes cents) and said thats all they could recover from the sellers account and that they considered the case closed

Now from a sellers standf point paypal will screw a seller every time if there is a loss to be taken it will never be paypal and is always transferred to the seller after all they are rich evil capitalists

paypal steals a lot of cash and they are sued and lose often but the court settlements are pennies on the dollar so paypal doesn't care

other payment processing venues can be ok for buyers but if you're a seller they are incredibly invasive and difficult for sellers like any credit card company if you try to get a card processor for your business

as a seller you risk not only the total loss of your product but you loose the very expensive shipping fees as well

I've always said I have a dumpster right here if I want to throw my items away and I dont have to pay to ship it to my trash

I used to sell bikes and aerospace gear to Australia often but it was multi thousand dollar margin items whereas my TW stuff is often less than a $10 margin so loosing a $100 part plus $50 in shipping etc takes a long time to recoup to just break even
    jtomelliott49 and WECSOG like this.

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Id be interested in an adapter if and when they become available.

Coming soon!

Hidden Content

Great news Placerlode. I am interested in one as well.

thanks

Mike
    PlacerLode and jtomelliott49 like this.

I'm interested myself. I don't have motor to install it on but I'd like to have one ready and waiting for a motor.

Quote Originally Posted by Trail Woman View Post
    I'm interested myself. I don't have motor to install it on but I'd like to have one ready and waiting for a motor.
    I have two motors to install, lol But i got lucky and got one bike for $100 or $150, bought it more for the tank, and the other for $300

I need to stop, i really do, for my marriages sake, lol
    PlacerLode and jtomelliott49 like this.

who is using the last adapters and how many miles on them,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by 300stw View Post
    who is using the last adapters and how many miles on them,,,,
    the original run was 6 adapters and I had 2 that I never got around to using. I know of one that had a few hundred miles running flawlessly with a hand packed greased outboard bearing. I'm not sure who the other 3 beta users were and they may not have been forum members from what I recall. There isn't really much to this as it's only got 2 qualifications, 1) it needs to fit and 2) it needs to hold up like any output shaft. It's being built out of high end material and heat treated by the company that does Harley Davidsons tranny parts so I'm very confident in the build. All parts will carry a limited lifetime warranty for part replacement under normal use. If it fails while riding you're covered if you cut it in half with a torch you're probably not covered!

Quote Originally Posted by ZacoWacko View Post
    I have two motors to install, lol But i got lucky and got one bike for $100 or $150, bought it more for the tank, and the other for $300

I need to stop, i really do, for my marriages sake, lol
    lol yes theres always cool stuff on my want list as well it is truly never ending. I found the secret is to leave off the most expensive item from the list that being a wife
    Lyterx and jtomelliott49 like this.

Hidden Content

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links