TW225 Countershaft Extension for XT - TTR etc 6 speed Big Bore Conversions
Close

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree451Likes

Thread: TW225 Countershaft Extension for XT - TTR etc 6 speed Big Bore Conversions

TW225 Countershaft Extension for XT - TTR etc 6 speed Big Bore Conversions

First of all thanks for all your patience and here's wishing you all a Happy and Healthy Thanksgiving 2018 !!!

I'll be sending out emails and or PM's to those who had expressed interest and I've set aside a quantity to cover the first people interested - I should have those messages out by Thanksgiving eve

XT225 / TTR225 to TW200 Output Shaft Extensions now ready for mailing to the USA & Canada

I will guaranty these for fit and function and even performance under their intended use in adapting Yamaha XT225 and TTR225 motors for use in the Yamaha TW200 chassis - I'll replace the unit if it fails while the original purchaser owns the unit

Package includes the output shaft extension, (6) 8-32 x 1/4" allen head set screws and a sealed outboard bearing to replace the OEM bearing that was oiled by engine oil in the original configuration (I'm still waiting for the allen 8-32 set screws from Grainger while all other ebay sellers ship the same day Grainger still takes 2 weeks to do the simplest of tasks - All items should be ready to start mailing Monday November 26th)

You may need a drop or two of Permatex ThreadLock Blue for the allen head set screws - these only need to be snugged not massively torquedthey entire shaft is held captive by design so the retainer screws are a redundant feature

Total Price Delivered is $279 to USA & $299 to Canada
    USA can pay via paypal friends & family option or by mailing US Postal money orders or Cash

Total Price Delivered is $279 USA & $299 Canada

Any Canadian orders already received I will honor my quoted shipping price and there are a few other Canadian forum members who I did send an initial special offer to and I will also honor those quoted prices through midnight November 30th 2018

Thanks and sorry for any confusion the revised Canada postage rates are basically starting December 1st 2018

SAM_0951.JPGSAM_0952.JPGSAM_0955.JPGSAM_0956.JPGSAM_0963.JPG

Last edited by PlacerLode; 11-24-2018 at 08:30 PM.
    "It's Like Warm Apple Pie"

Hidden Content

Fred, do you recall how this was manufactured? Fully machined, investment cast etc.. ? (don't say printed lol). It looks rough cut in areas (the ends).

Has one successfully been used for a good long period of time and what was the lube method actually used if you know? I'd consider a sealed permanently lubed bearing if one was available the correct size.

I looked for the thread but can't seem to locate it. But I am interested if it's a proven part as I have a pretty new 6 speed engine. My memory fails me but I thought Brian? May have run one?
    Husqvarna TE300i Fuel Injected 2-Stroke 2019
    Yamaha XT225 - 1999 Serow
    Yamaha TW200Z - 2010
    Yamaha BW200 Electric Start! - 1986
    Yamaha TTR225R - 2003
    Husqvarna 701 Enduro - 2017
    Kawasaki Prairie 650 - 2002

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJeeper View Post
    Fred, do you recall how this was manufactured? Fully machined, investment cast etc.. ? (don't say printed lol). It looks rough cut in areas (the ends).

Has one successfully been used for a good long period of time and what was the lube method actually used if you know? I'd consider a sealed permanently lubed bearing if one was available the correct size.

I looked for the thread but can't seem to locate it. But I am interested if it's a proven part as I have a pretty new 6 speed engine. My memory fails me but I thought Brian? May have run one?
    I'll see if I can find the OP it was a gent out of Gold Beach OR and yes they were testing on one or two of their TW's but like me they don't rides tons of miles like many on our forum do. They wanted more people to test

The digital camera greatly enhances grain structure and scraches etc I find this with guns all the time the can will show a flaw you can't see or feel with the unaided eye.In hand these look and feel very high quality

it is CNC cut from the same steel as an OEM output shaft and it uses the OEM outboard bearing they just packed it with grease it already has a seal . One of my TW's runs a ScottOiler so I was going to try that.

Greased trailer wheel bearing run multi thousands of miles and with modern grease technology it can easily run longer than a TW can live

The OP had a few hundred miles with no problems as I recall

The OP had guaranteed them to me abd wanted my opinion but plans never materialized on my engine projects although I'd still like to build a TW250 Bananachunks style
    Last edited by PlacerLode; 07-02-2018 at 05:23 PM.
    Ken and jtomelliott49 like this.

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I'd really like to upgrade my motor eventually. It would be nice to know this would be an option if and when I get to a new motor.

The most concerning design issue would be the set screws, but I imagine red loctite would do the trick. I doubt it would get hot enough to break it down.
    Last edited by Trail Woman; 07-02-2018 at 01:57 PM.
    PlacerLode, Ken and jtomelliott49 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trail Woman View Post
    I'd really like to upgrade my motor eventually. It would be nice to know this would be an option if and when I get to a new motor.

The most concerning design issue would be the set screws, but I imagine red loctite would do the trick. I doubt it would get hot enough to break it down.
    the designer determined the set screws were unnecessary and will not be used in any further designs the shaft fits with precise tolerances and is fully captured on both ends regardless. that being said he never had any come loose and a little loctite would end any concerns but even if they fell out it would not make any difference

It's an ingenious design IMO saves a lot of hassle splitting cases and having output shafts machined plus the motor can still be installed in XT's or TW's

I had planned to find a no mile XT225 motor and I could install it in my TW that very day and be up and riding as opposed to the learning curve of splitting cases and just my luck something in my new output shaft would be slightly off kilter (as has happened to a few I'm aware of) and I'd have to pull the motor and split the cases again

WIth this you can upgrade to a fresh motor with ease and the motor you pull can still be sold to an XT or TW owner

I know when I bought them the OP had a waiting list for more of them it was all I could do t purchase 2 instead of just one and he gave me a full guaranty of quality and offered to buy them back if I didn't use them but I figured I would offer them here rather than bother him as I am more than happy with the deal
    Last edited by PlacerLode; 07-02-2018 at 03:56 PM.
    Ken, Dryden-Tdub and jtomelliott49 like this.

Hidden Content

I'm keeping track of those people interested in trying this and I'll get to work on more supply and keep those folks posted thanks again for all the interest
    Ken, Fred, Old n dirty and 1 others like this.

Hidden Content

Ken
    I like this option. I have my brothers tw225. This would make it easy for an engine swap to try it. I know his pops wheelies on accident like it is way more powerful and that's while it's blowing smoke, it needs overhauled.
    Last edited by Ken; 07-02-2018 at 07:46 PM.

count me for 1...maybe 2
    PlacerLode and jtomelliott49 like this.

I'd definitely be interested. My XT225 cylinder is getting re-sleeved for a 250 piston at L.A. Sleeve as we speak. I got a fresh TW output shaft but havent found anyone able to do the machining, so this sounds like a great way to get her up and running until i do, if nothing else.
    PlacerLode and jtomelliott49 like this.

if someone got me the print of what needs to be done on a shaft, and by print i mean precise actual measurements, i can do them im a mechanic/machinist/welder at work we have lots of cool toys to do stuff like that on

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links