Good TW lower end, clutch, tranny, more.
Close

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Dell
  • 1 Post By Fred
  • 4 Post By Fred
  • 2 Post By Fred

Thread: Good TW lower end, clutch, tranny, more.

Good TW lower end, clutch, tranny, more.

I posted a good TW engine, tranny, clutch, etc. in my local Craigslist- Eugene, Oregon. I dont want to crate and ship yet, but the Forum has been so good to me over the last 10 years I would like to suggest it to anybody locally that might be able to use it, without an official posting. –-Dell
    Badgerflorida likes this.

I'll keep my ear to the ground for you.

Do you have other parts you're selling?
    TWy to make a TWip to the TWails to make some TWacks.

Dell likes this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Thankyou very much! Yes, I think I will have a complete head- valves, cam with roller bearing replacing the factory bushing, etc., and the cylinder. Also a kick starter, complete, but I am going to lay out the spacers, etc. first to make sure it’s all here. Thanks for asking! These are easy to ship, so don’t need to be picked up here.

I am not real sure of the exact Forum rules on this, but of course want to be ‘politically correct.’ As described, the block and tranny weigh 50lbs net on a bathroom scale. How would you crate it, and what would you expect it to cost? Perhaps shipped to you from zip code 97405? This would be to get it issued correctly on the forum here, which is what I am trying to do. And if you have any questions not for the group’s interest, PM me, —Dell.

Some years ago when a Forum member wanted to ship a complete engine from California to Idaho research showed Greyhound bus offered the cheapest and supposedly quickest option. Give them a call, they might be extremely accommodating about the packaging.
    Maybe something like this?...don't know the statute of limitations is on interstate transport of a milk crate of dubious origin though.crate motor.jpg
    For clarification the $40 Greyhound option was not used, instead shipper and reciever spent hundreds of dollars in fuel each driving accross state lines so that they could install that engine on my driveway. Crazy T-Dubbers!

EDIT: Can you guess who?
    Last edited by Fred; 07-24-2018 at 01:53 PM.
    Dell, Mel, PlacerLode and 1 others like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

TW engines are not that bad to ship UPS ground especially just a bottom end although UPS has gone crazy on fees. Crating is not required just 3 or 4 layers of heavy bubble wrap covered with 3" clear packing tape to securely encapsulate it and then a double wall box (I get mine from Home Depot)

I have used Greyhound back in the day and it works great if your buyer can pick it up at the Greyhound depot in a timely manner. Most people winced at the idea of having to drive to a depot to pick up because they are often in downtown urban locations
    "It's Like Warm Apple Pie"

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Some years ago when a Forum member wanted to ship a complete engine from California to Idaho research showed Greyhound bus offered the cheapest and supposedly quickest option. Give them a call, they might be extremely accommodating about the packaging.
    Maybe something like this?...don't know the statute of limitations is on interstate transport of a milk crate of dubious origin though.crate motor.jpg
    For clarification the $40 Greyhound option was not used, instead shipper and reciever spent hundreds of dollars in fuel each driving accross state lines so that they could install that engine on my driveway. Crazy T-Dubbers!

EDIT: Can you guess who?
    Should I hold off on guessing? Is there another forum member who spent hundreds of dollars driving across state lines for an engine transplant other than me. Huge help from you and Evan.

Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

At least Evan brought you a good motor, she fired right up after only a revolution or so!
    If only they all leapt into life like this every day.

admiral and Mel like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

I got 2 doors for my 68 chevy shortbed years ago through greyhound. Was crazy cheap to ship 2 doors. They did manage to break one of the windows, but i wasnt worried about the glass.

Sponosred Links