WTB: Rear Spokes
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: WTB: Rear Spokes

WTB: Rear Spokes

I just discovered I have 2 broken spokes on the '87 I've been restoring. The back end just didn't feel "right" and it's a good thing I took a good look at it. If you have any spokes you'd like to sell, let me know. The ones that are broken are two of the longer ones that are located on the chain side of the rim. Thanks!
    TWy to make a TWip to the TWails to make some TWacks.

Quote Originally Posted by imlost View Post
    I just discovered I have 2 broken spokes on the '87 I've been restoring. The back end just didn't feel "right" and it's a good thing I took a good look at it. If you have any spokes you'd like to sell, let me know. The ones that are broken are two of the longer ones that are located on the chain side of the rim. Thanks!
    PM me with your address and I will get a couple of spokes in the mail to you.
    reddave likes this.

TW-Brian, your like the go-to spoke guy, huh? I have seen several threads where you have helped people with replacement spokes. Good form, sir! I also had two rear spokes that were broken on my '87 that I'm restoring. I chose to order a replacement rear set so I would have spares. Your continued generosity has inspired me to help others as well. Members may PM me as well if a rear spoke replacement is needed.
    Joemama and imlost like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by reddave View Post
    TW-Brian, your like the go-to spoke guy, huh? I have seen several threads where you have helped people with replacement spokes. Good form, sir! I also had two rear spokes that were broken on my '87 that I'm restoring. I chose to order a replacement rear set so I would have spares. Your continued generosity has inspired me to help others as well. Members may PM me as well if a rear spoke replacement is needed.
    Dave,

Good to hear that you will be able to help people out because I am just about out of my supply of rear spokes. Besides, yours are nice and shiny and mine are old and crusty .

Brian

p.s. Speaking of old and crusty, do you need any bits and pieces for your '87 restoration? See my recent thread where I am parting out an old and crusty '87. I'd be happy to help you out if I can: https://www.tw200forum.com/forum/tw2...-too-much.html

HAHA they sure are!!! When I put on two new ones I was simply unable to avoid spending several hours with a tiny wire brush in a vain attempt to brighten up the others. I like to think it helped! My bike is rather intact, however, I do have a rear turn signal that was cracked at the flex joint when I got the bike. It has since broken off and been "repaired" with black gorilla tape. It's actually holding up just fine. Went for a couple hour ride around Eagle Rock before trout fishing Tarryall - and the OTHER rear turn signal fell off! The nut came loose... so it's now cranked and loctite applied. As long as everything is working I'm sound as a pound.

Quote Originally Posted by reddave View Post
    HAHA they sure are!!! When I put on two new ones I was simply unable to avoid spending several hours with a tiny wire brush in a vain attempt to brighten up the others. I like to think it helped! My bike is rather intact, however, I do have a rear turn signal that was cracked at the flex joint when I got the bike. It has since broken off and been "repaired" with black gorilla tape. It's actually holding up just fine. Went for a couple hour ride around Eagle Rock before trout fishing Tarryall - and the OTHER rear turn signal fell off! The nut came loose... so it's now cranked and loctite applied. As long as everything is working I'm sound as a pound.
    Hey Dave,

Yesterday, I had to remove the rear turn signals on the '87 that I am parting out in order to remove the rear rack. One was cracked like yours, but the other was still intact. If you want it you can have it. Let me know.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by imlost View Post
    Hey imlost,

These spokes have been sitting on my kitchen island for 2 weeks now waiting for an address to send them to. Do you still need them?

Brian

IMG_0762.JPG

Ok I hate to ask but I also would like to buy 2 sprocket side spokes and I insist on paying for them.

I just logged on to look for some spokes for my 87 as well and immediately saw this post. I don't know exactly how many or which I need, but can look later. If someone has some, I'm in the market. PM me! Glad to pay for them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Peterb View Post
    Ok I hate to ask but I also would like to buy 2 sprocket side spokes and I insist on paying for them.
    Hi Peter,

Looks like you will be getting the last of my long rear sprocket side spokes. PM me your address.

Brian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links