good as new carb
Close

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By GaryL
  • 1 Post By bigsky
  • 1 Post By Tuber

Thread: good as new carb

good as new carb

I have a used carb off of a 2016 TW with 2600 miles. The reason I have this for sale is the bike had been acting up for about a year and I had it at various shops trying to figure it out. Bogging down when given throttle. The carb was cleaned, rebuild kits and jets tried, all to no avail. Finally we tried a new carb at $350. Results were still the same!! Back to the shop. Long story short, the simple problem was I was keeping my registration and insurance card in a ziploc under the seat which was blocking the air intake. Holy ?!$T. How could this can gone unseen for so long?! Anyway I have a new carb so I also have a perfectly good used carb that is very clean and nothing wrong with it. I would like $250 or best offer.

Too bad you did not look around first. A new carb can be had for between $265-$279 here, https://www.partzilla.com/product/ya...35bd3b992320d9

I have also seen a few cheaper elsewhere. Think I paid around $250 for a new Old style Pre 2001 carb the last time I bought one.

Yes on the storing of things like papers or rags in that nice little compartment behind the battery. That is where the intake air comes into the filter box and a good place to find mouse nests as well. My second TW, a 1988 had that area packed with seeds and nuts as a storage bin for some critter.

GaryL
    jtstdub likes this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Yeah, you live and learn. I paid up on the carb because these guys spent many hours they did not charge me for to finally discover the problem.
    I am willing to take a lot less for the carb hence the OBO.
    Now I've torn my bicep tendon and potential rotator cuff tear and will not ride for many moons, if surgery is necessary.
    jtstdub likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I tore a tendon changing tires on my truck. pretty much knew what it was when I heard the pop. But the first ortho guy I saw wasn't a surgeon, the next guy got me scheduled in right away. So from Labor day till right before Thanksgiving...total down time.
    Tweaker likes this.
    2005 Tdub

That's what I understand. Problem is this time of year also encompasses deer and pronghorn season. Scheduled for an MRI tomorrow and will go from there.
    Doesn't anybody need a carb?!

Sponosred Links