Should it stay or should it go ?
Close

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By greenbomb
  • 2 Post By Purple

Thread: Should it stay or should it go ?

Should it stay or should it go ?

First its in ARKANSAS on the Missouri Border .
    2006 09/06 on the frame decal .3600 miles. As i bought it to ride with and older friend , he died and i have other rides , see signature below. I am thinking of passing it on. Probably been off road twice in a grass field cowtrail. Its a great bike BUT its starting to get the world famous "TW lower base Cylinder WEEP ". Nothing serious , no oil on garage floor . Could never get worst . Bolts are tight . Pretty easy fix if you are a mechanic kinda of guy or wash your equipment every so often . . I ride it to and from the the school bus yard , 12 miles a day , when the urge strikes me but other then that i don't have much time on it . Second owner , first one died at 600 miles. Has a XT350 tank , not installed , along with the new front tire, hand guards , skid plate . All good stuff recommended by the good people of this tribe . . I believe i have change the oil as much as i have filled the fuel tank , LOL .
    Very small wrinkle in fuel tank on right side lower corner where kids high sided it when on side stand . Never noticed it till several weeks later when waxing it , don;t think it would come out in a picture . which i don't do . Picture ? See a new Blue TW200 and keep it in a garage and put 3600 mile on it and there you have it. Like butts , all the same .
    Of course the engine and frame parts are installed . Bearings, clutch springs, kickstarter,year old Shorai battery , jet kit . I am sure most of you know , but for those who do not late models do not come with kick starters .

So i guess what i am trying to say is should i fix the cylinder base basket or take offers on the way it is . I can fix it myself but some guys like to do their on work like i do ..

Thanks fellow tribe members . All replies are appreciated .
    your 70 year old friend Norm. BTW the XR600 and 300 KTM are for sale too . Hate to died and leave them for the wife to liquidate.
    Badgerflorida likes this.
    Look at the bottom of this page under SIMILAR THREADS
    Norm in Arkansas
    2006 TW , Kick Starter , Shinko 241 front 4;00/18 ,Vesrah HD clutch springs. Carb jet Kit, Amsoil 10-40 , ALLSBALLS steering head bearings, Jimbo shield. Zeta drop -down bend handguards
    Ricochet skidplate from IMMIX RACING , BIKEMASTER Supersport mirrors XT350 fuel tank , member big foot pegs

Honda XR 600 , KTM 300 , BMW 1100 gs , 327 Cushman Truckster , KTM 625 SXC . Ural with sidecar

Sorry to hear about your friend, but on a brighter note - nice sorted set of wheels you have there

The base gasket is only a minor issue - I'd sell it "as is", with a pointer to this board for further information. But that invites the question, "should you sell at all" - and at what price point ?

How likely is the wife to outlive you ?
    Badgerflorida and admiral like this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

You’ve got lots of fun toys. Sorry about the loss of your riding buddy.
    01 street 203/204
    96 hybrid Shinko 241/428
    89 restored SOLD

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I've got a buddy that's looking for a Tdub. Give me a PM and I'll let him know. I live in SW Missouri.

Sponosred Links