Should it stay or should it go ?
Close

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By greenbomb
  • 2 Post By Purple

Thread: Should it stay or should it go ?

Should it stay or should it go ?

First its in ARKANSAS on the Missouri Border .
    2006 09/06 on the frame decal .3600 miles. As i bought it to ride with and older friend , he died and i have other rides , see signature below. I am thinking of passing it on. Probably been off road twice in a grass field cowtrail. Its a great bike BUT its starting to get the world famous "TW lower base Cylinder WEEP ". Nothing serious , no oil on garage floor . Could never get worst . Bolts are tight . Pretty easy fix if you are a mechanic kinda of guy or wash your equipment every so often . . I ride it to and from the the school bus yard , 12 miles a day , when the urge strikes me but other then that i don't have much time on it . Second owner , first one died at 600 miles. Has a XT350 tank , not installed , along with the new front tire, hand guards , skid plate . All good stuff recommended by the good people of this tribe . . I believe i have change the oil as much as i have filled the fuel tank , LOL .
    Very small wrinkle in fuel tank on right side lower corner where kids high sided it when on side stand . Never noticed it till several weeks later when waxing it , don;t think it would come out in a picture . which i don't do . Picture ? See a new Blue TW200 and keep it in a garage and put 3600 mile on it and there you have it. Like butts , all the same .
    Of course the engine and frame parts are installed . Bearings, clutch springs, kickstarter,year old Shorai battery , jet kit . I am sure most of you know , but for those who do not late models do not come with kick starters .

So i guess what i am trying to say is should i fix the cylinder base basket or take offers on the way it is . I can fix it myself but some guys like to do their on work like i do ..

Thanks fellow tribe members . All replies are appreciated .
    your 70 year old friend Norm. BTW the XR600 and 300 KTM are for sale too . Hate to died and leave them for the wife to liquidate.
    Badgerflorida likes this.
    Look at the bottom of this page under SIMILAR THREADS
    Norm in Arkansas
    2006 TW , Kick Starter , Shinko 241 front 4;00/18 ,Vesrah HD clutch springs. Carb jet Kit, Amsoil 10-40 , ALLSBALLS steering head bearings, Jimbo shield. Zeta drop -down bend handguards
    Ricochet skidplate from IMMIX RACING , BIKEMASTER Supersport mirrors XT350 fuel tank , member big foot pegs

Honda XR 600 , KTM 300 , BMW 1100 gs , 327 Cushman Truckster , KTM 625 SXC . Ural with sidecar

Sorry to hear about your friend, but on a brighter note - nice sorted set of wheels you have there

The base gasket is only a minor issue - I'd sell it "as is", with a pointer to this board for further information. But that invites the question, "should you sell at all" - and at what price point ?

How likely is the wife to outlive you ?
    Badgerflorida and admiral like this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

You’ve got lots of fun toys. Sorry about the loss of your riding buddy.
    01 SOLD
    96 SOLD
    89 restored SOLD
    89 (restoration in process)
    05 (restoration in process)
    03 SOLD
    04 in great condition

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I've got a buddy that's looking for a Tdub. Give me a PM and I'll let him know. I live in SW Missouri.

Sponosred Links