My TW for sale
Close
    
    
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: My TW for sale

  1. #1
    Member trailway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    65
    Craigs list link http://columbia.craigslist.org/mcy/3548305755.html



    Bought myself a 1978 kawasaki KZ400 and need the money for it now. Going to miss the TW though.

  2. #2
    Senior Member TW-Brian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Pleasanton, CA
    Posts
    5,670
    Why are all these good deals on TW's so far away?



    Nice bike trailway, it should sell quickly.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Rainman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ephrata, WA
    Posts
    1,125
    Quote Originally Posted by TW-Brian View Post
    Why are all these good deals on TW's so far away?



    Nice bike trailway, it should sell quickly.




    Thats what I was thinking! TWs at that price wouldn't last an hour on Craigslist in Washington State.
    If you can't find it, grind it

    1990 TW200

  4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member trailway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    65
    Down here they don't seem to sell well. I haven't even gotten one call yet.

  6. #5
    Senior Member FortPayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    326
    You chose a KZ over the tdub, I did the opposite. You dump money into those things and spend hours scouring the internet for the long ago discontinued part it needs THIS time. Sure was nice to get a bike that stayed running! But to each his own.



    You've got it priced right, I would never take less than that either. Might have to wait til the spring since that's when everyone gets the itch and you get an easy sell. Good luck!
    Tenaciously Deviant Unwittingly Brilliant

  7. #6
    Senior Member PlacerLode's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Out West
    Posts
    3,012
    Pls consider removing this sentence from your CL add "No low baller's if you don't have the money then don't waist yours and my time." while we all agree with what you are saying this wording turns off at least 3 of the 4 personality types. Also remove the tags (they are not necessary on a TW and they trigger people to flag your ad) Lastly, in your title or header add TW 200 (with the space between) in addition to the TW200 you already have and people searching for TW's will find you either way. I might try a title like this "Yamaha TW200 Trailway Excellent Condition Loaded With Extras 1988 TW 200"



    People want to see the year in the title because if they are looking for a newer bike and they click on the ad and see it's older they may flag it because it annoys them but many buyers are looking for good older models especially with the goodies your bike has so stating the year in the title won't hurt you



    I'm not criticizing your add but I have been selling TW's on CL for about 13 years with pretty good luck



    I sell later model TW's (2005 and newer) but people always ask for decent older, lower cost bikes so I know your bike is a great deal



    PS re tags - if you want to use some tags like "enduro" etc write them into the body of your add, example "very fun and reliable TW-200 enduro" "great on off road bike" or "street legal off road enduro" this also works in the 3rd variation TW-200 which a few people search for but not that many



    Good luck with the sale!
    "It's Like Warm Apple Pie"

    Hidden Content

  8. #7
    Senior Member Point37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Southcoast MAsshole
    Posts
    2,661
    Quote Originally Posted by PlacerLode View Post
    Pls consider removing this sentence from your CL add "No low baller's if you don't have the money then don't waist yours and my time." while we all agree with what you are saying this wording turns off at least 3 of the 4 personality types. Also remove the tags (they are not necessary on a TW and they trigger people to flag your ad) Lastly, in your title or header add TW 200 (with the space between) in addition to the TW200 you already have and people searching for TW's will find you either way. I might try a title like this "Yamaha TW200 Trailway Excellent Condition Loaded With Extras 1988 TW 200"



    People want to see the year in the title because if they are looking for a newer bike and they click on the ad and see it's older they may flag it because it annoys them but many buyers are looking for good older models especially with the goodies your bike has so stating the year in the title won't hurt you



    I'm not criticizing your add but I have been selling TW's on CL for about 13 years with pretty good luck



    I sell later model TW's (2005 and newer) but people always ask for decent older, lower cost bikes so I know your bike is a great deal



    PS re tags - if you want to use some tags like "enduro" etc write them into the body of your add, example "very fun and reliable TW-200 enduro" "great on off road bike" or "street legal off road enduro" this also works in the 3rd variation TW-200 which a few people search for but not that many



    Good luck with the sale!


    first off nice looking bike man...looks well taken care of...good luck...



    i agree with some of what PlacerLode said...i agree on removing the low ballers comment...you already said $1500 firm which is enough...i find nothing wrong with the few tags he has posted...if there were a whole paragraph of them that could be annoying to people searching and could get you flagged...i would the have tags: enduro, dual purpose, street legal and that's it...i agree about the TW space 200 in the title as well as the model year but i would avoid all the extra stuff, too long of a title won't show up on some smarphone screen and maybe some tablets, better to keep it short and simple...i also like to put my whole title in uppercase lettering so it pops out a bit for people who just browse daily...i would also add more photos to the ad from each side, front, back and the gauge cluster (so potential buyers can see the mileage)...i also added a video of me starting the bike, a quick walk around while running and then tested all the lighting, signals, horn...i would also add any modifications you added (i.e. tire make/model etc.), cause people like information and it shows that you care about your bike and know a lot about it...i would also spell check the ad in microsoft word and save it with word so if it gets flagged and deleted you can just cut and paste from word and you're all set...i usually load up the best photo through craigslist so it shows up on the side of the ad in the search but i paste in the rest of my photo code links with photobucket so if it gets flagged it's an easy cut and paste from microsoft word like mentioned above (use the html photobucket code)...like PlacerLode i sell many random items on CL as well (see links below)...just my thoughts...once again good luck with sale



    sold items album...

    http://s56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...old/?start=all



    for sale albums...

    http://s56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ale/?start=all



    http://s56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...202/?start=all



    http://s56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...car/?start=all

  9. #8
    Member trailway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    65
    Thanks for the suggestions fellows i will edit. Ive just had a lot of problems selling stuff in the past

    with people coming over and not having any money to buy anything and it's just something i don't want to

    deal with. Not for just 1500. But i do appreciate your help so thanks again. And as for your comment

    Fort payne old Kawasaki's hold a place in my heart from my childhood thats what ive wanted for along time

    they just don't go up for sale much anymore so i settled on the trailway cause it had what i thought

    was everything i wanted. But the damn thing is too slow. Around here everyone drive's at least 65 mph

    and i live right off of two interstates where the traffic flows at 75mph so for me to go somewhere i need

    a bike that will hold its own Not a slow dirt bike. The KZ had problems not getting enough oil to the top

    of the head until 1977 they used the same method as the trail way does with the oil port going through the

    head. Well starting with the 78 model they started using an external oil pipe that solved all of those

    problems and they are known for being a bullet proof engine. That will cruise comfortably at interstate

    speeds. I've been working on bikes for 25 years and i prefer the older classics over anything new. Hell i have

    the money right now to go buy a few brand new bikes from the dealership but i don't want too. I just want to

    sale the TW to use that money to restore my old Dinosaur.

  10. #9
    Senior Member Point37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Southcoast MAsshole
    Posts
    2,661
    Quote Originally Posted by trailway View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions fellows i will edit. Ive just had a lot of problems selling stuff in the past

    with people coming over and not having any money to buy anything and it's just something i don't want to

    deal with. Not for just 1500. But i do appreciate your help so thanks again. And as for your comment

    Fort payne old Kawasaki's hold a place in my heart from my childhood thats what ive wanted for along time

    they just don't go up for sale much anymore so i settled on the trailway cause it had what i thought

    was everything i wanted. But the damn thing is too slow. Around here everyone drive's at least 65 mph

    and i live right off of two interstates where the traffic flows at 75mph so for me to go somewhere i need

    a bike that will hold its own Not a slow dirt bike. The KZ had problems not getting enough oil to the top

    of the head until 1977 they used the same method as the trail way does with the oil port going through the

    head. Well starting with the 78 model they started using an external oil pipe that solved all of those

    problems and they are known for being a bullet proof engine. That will cruise comfortably at interstate

    speeds. I've been working on bikes for 25 years and i prefer the older classics over anything new. Hell i have

    the money right now to go buy a few brand new bikes from the dealership but i don't want too. I just want to

    sale the TW to use that money to restore my old Dinosaur.


    i wouldn't think you would have a big problem selling it at that price especially being that pretty...and i know what you mean...i have had problems selling things on CL as well...a lot of things i sell are in double digit price ranges and if the buyer wants to meet i will meet somewhere convenient for me and i say i will be there at this time SHARP...i say if you're going to be late just give me a call cause i have to be at a "insert BS appointment" at "insert BS appointment time" so i can't wait around...and i have taken mine on the highway near my house and it tops out around 62mph (indicated) and people around here drive 75-80 a lot so i don't usually take the TW on the highway cause it's scary

  11. #10
    Senior Member FortPayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    326
    I went on the interstate the other day for the first time ever. I got behind a semi and started drafting. I could have passed him at 73mph, but then I would have hit wind resistance and dropped back to normal tdub speeds.



    My kz750 died of a oil heart attack. I sure wish I could have kept it though, it had great parts that would have been awsome on the dub.

    Tenaciously Deviant Unwittingly Brilliant

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •