ISO TW in Cali.
Close

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Usernametaken
  • 1 Post By PlacerLode

Thread: ISO TW in Cali.

ISO TW in Cali.

I am in So-Cal but willing to travel statewide for the right bike. Will consider any clean machine up to ten years old.

Cheers,
    Andy
    PlacerLode likes this.

Hi Andy and welcome to the forum!

Setup and save searches on Craigslist for TW200, TW 200 and TW-200. You can select the cities/areas that are nearby you or you can set up a driving distance from your zip code that you would be willing to travel. You will then receive email notices when a listing that meets your search criteria shows up. Be ready to jump on a new posting quickly because the good deals don't last very long!

Good luck with your search,

Brian

welcome to the matrix and if you don't already know make sure yo get a CA registered (and current reg) TW as out of state TW's cannpt be easily licensed in Cali

Identified by the charcoal canister on the right side frame tube next to the engine cylinder
    "It's Like Warm Apple Pie"

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TW-Brian View Post
    Hi Andy and welcome to the forum!

Setup and save searches on Craigslist for TW200, TW 200 and TW-200. You can select the cities/areas that are nearby you or you can set up a driving distance from your zip code that you would be willing to travel. You will then receive email notices when a listing that meets your search criteria shows up. Be ready to jump on a new posting quickly because the good deals don't last very long!

Good luck with your search,

Brian
    Hi Brian:
    Thanks for the tip. I'll set up those searches as you suggested. I have been checking Craigslist and found one questionable seller who seems to have four bikes in four different cities and yet has the same contact phone....... Another seller is asking $200 MORE than the current MSRP for a 2018 machine with 125 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by PlacerLode View Post
    welcome to the matrix and if you don't already know make sure yo get a CA registered (and current reg) TW as out of state TW's cannpt be easily licensed in Cali

Identified by the charcoal canister on the right side frame tube next to the engine cylinder
    Yes I noticed that canister during my research. That's a pity as I am sure there are clean examples for sale in AZ and NV.

most CL scammers use gmail email and they never share nor offer a contact phone number

while listing in multiple cities is probably against CL TOS many people do it not realizing it really doesn't increase exposure much

New TW's in CA (and most states) do not sell for MSRP thats just a starting point the average out the door cost is around $5600 so if you see a 2018 for say $4500 thats not totally out of line in fact my last 2018 with 21 miles went for $4750 in AZ but it did have a few hundred in upgrades

there a 2006 in Menefree for $2900 thats been listed for several months I think it has 1200 miles the seller started at like $3800 I think you could probably buy that for around $2500 this time of year which is a fair price fora CA legal and currently registered TW you wouldn't ever loose money on that bike

Between Thanksgiving and New Years is always the best time to score a TW for cash so your timing is perfect
    Dryden-Tdub likes this.
    "It's Like Warm Apple Pie"

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by PlacerLode View Post
    most CL scammers use gmail email and they never share nor offer a contact phone number

while listing in multiple cities is probably against CL TOS many people do it not realizing it really doesn't increase exposure much

New TW's in CA (and most states) do not sell for MSRP thats just a starting point the average out the door cost is around $5600 so if you see a 2018 for say $4500 thats not totally out of line in fact my last 2018 with 21 miles went for $4750 in AZ but it did have a few hundred in upgrades

there a 2006 in Menefree for $2900 thats been listed for several months I think it has 1200 miles the seller started at like $3800 I think you could probably buy that for around $2500 this time of year which is a fair price fora CA legal and currently registered TW you wouldn't ever loose money on that bike

Between Thanksgiving and New Years is always the best time to score a TW for cash so your timing is perfect
    Like you would know..........................

Tom
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

Best of luck with the new bike andy, it's had some good adventures already, but many more for you!

joe
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Sponosred Links