Bike survived the forest fire now ISO of seat, possibly signals, and speedo too
Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree163Likes

Thread: Bike survived the forest fire now ISO of seat, possibly signals, and speedo too

Bike survived the forest fire now ISO of seat, possibly signals, and speedo too

My 94 survived the Camp Fire here in Paradise CA but has some melty parts now I'm hoping you guys might have for purchase. Was originally gonna replace everything but now I m leaning towards leaving the plastics as is sort of like a badge of honor that she survived, still shocked the full tank of gas didn't blow. Anyway the seat is the main thing I'm looking for right now, the others maybe as well, and a chain guard though not as urgent. Would love to hear what you might have and thanks for looking.

SteveIMG_20181203_121100576_HDR.jpg

Welcome to the forum!! We're just glad you made it OK brother!! I bet someone's got something to help you around here.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Thanks Tommy, It was a crazy couple days thats for sure. It was one of few things that did make it so I figure I owe her some repairs lol
    littletommy, Darth, SanDue and 2 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Sounds like you have a great attitude for losing everything. I admire that. Hang in there brother.
    Quote Originally Posted by espltd78 View Post
    Thanks Tommy, It was a crazy couple days thats for sure. It was one of few things that did make it so I figure I owe her some repairs lol
    joeband, espltd78, SanDue and 3 others like this.
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the forum!

If you think that the seat pan (plastic) is still usable, I have the stock seat foam and a new black seat cover that you can have.

Brian

Don't know how you are going to get to that air filter, so some plastics, grips, gas cap etc. Keep us posted on what you need.

Last edited by littletommy; 12-08-2018 at 12:48 AM.
    Darth, SanDue and jtomelliott49 like this.

if you need original yellow fork boots, i have a pair, they're faded but intact and yours for just an address to mail.

btw: need more proof that '94 rainbow warriors rock?
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thanks for all the responses guys. Ill give it a closer look the next couple days, been so busy I havent had much chance. I ll check the seat pan more, it might be useable and yea I imagine grips and stuff will be needed eventually, airbox seemed to still seal solidly but not certain. Like I say I d thought to just rock the melted plastics for a while as a tribute of sorts especially given the historic proportions of this fire it seemed fitting, then again its a pretty clean low mileage rainbow warrior otherwise so it might be worth fully rejuvenating, gonna have to ponder that a bit more, let me give another look at the boots joeband I might just take you up on the offer. Im more than impressed the little bugger survived god knows how long parked less than ten feet from my fully involved garage that was hot enough to melt glass. Definitely a testament to its construction.
    Last edited by espltd78; 12-08-2018 at 12:27 AM.

Hey Steve, welcome to the forum...wish it could be under different circumstances!

Please do let us know what all you need. I was going to offer like-new seat foam & cover, but Brian beat me to it!
    I have a set of 4 turn signals if you need them, maybe some other stuff.
    A set of new black grips but not OE. Never mounted.

Revised list:
    Grips. "ProGrip" brand, new in box, black. Correct length.
    2 OE fork side reflectors.
    4 OE turn signals, these are later square-ish design.
    OE front fender & mount.
    OE headlight shroud.

All OE parts virtually "as new" condition. Take-offs from my 2014. Not sure "2014 Blue" is the same as yours, someone will know.
    All free, but would like to get shipping charge.
    Wish I had more.
    Did you lose your riding gear? I can probably help there.

Stay strong, buddy...you will get through this!

PS - Suggestion: Even if you decide to keep the original "tribute" parts on the bike, you could go ahead and take the replacement parts offered. You might want to go back to "very nice" or pure OE at a later time, and just display the burned parts....in your "new" garage!
    Last edited by Darth; 12-08-2018 at 10:58 AM.
    “It’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"The less horsepower a motorcycle has, the more it can teach you.” - Ben Bostrom

And though a mountain may rise up and smack the livin' shit outta me,
    and wad up my bike somethin' awful...
    Still, I rise!
    (With apologies to Maya Angelou)

Humans: simultaneously capable of such genius and such douchebaggery!

"Give a Damn"
    - C. M. Howe, Jr.

Hidden Content

Opened and stared at that picture more than a few times. Pretty darn incredible. Even the fuel tank cap is partially melted, a much harder plastic than the body panels. I'd imagine the gas was a'bubblin?

I have an "as-new" OEM Seat that I swapped out for an already mounted Seat Concepts one a few years ago. It's from a 2006 so it does have a side-streak swarth of darker blue on each side. I'm not sure how that will look on a Rainbow Warrior when restored? 2006 was a "blue year".

It's already boxed and stored someplace (I'll find it) in my basement. Price to you is $0.00/Zero, just pay shipping from 10804 (New Rochelle, NY) which I can find out for you in a couple days. Heading to Florida after work today for a few days.

PM me if you think you can use it. Sorry for all your and everyone else's loss's out there. Seems theres a natural disaster of some sorts on a weekly basis nowadays.

The picture, there's a certain message of hope or perhaps something else that particular TW survived.

The OEM "Yamaha" one. No rips, tears, cuts. Basically a new take-off. Previous owner (member here) also did not use it.
    IMG_5329.JPG

What it looked like on my 2006 before the seat swap.
    IMG_4989.JPG
    Last edited by stagewex; 12-08-2018 at 08:23 AM.
    2008 Vespa 150"S" (Elec & Kick Start)
    2007 Ural Patrol (2WD, Elec & Kick Start)
    2006 Yamaha TW200 (Elec & Kick Start)
    1995 BMW K75 (Elec Start)
    1991 Honda XR250L (Kick Start Only)
    1986 Yamaha BW200ES (Elec & Kick Start)
    1969 BMW r60/2, US Model (Kick Start Only)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links