Yamaha BW's on Craigslist BW200 - BW350 - BW80
Close

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Yamaha BW's on Craigslist BW200 - BW350 - BW80

Yamaha BW's on Craigslist BW200 - BW350 - BW80

Here's a nice original owner BW200 in Oregon, not mine but if I wanted another BW200 it would be

Owner says no title claiming it came on a bill of sale which I doubt I believe they came on MSO's but on dirt bikes people often didn't keep track of them

https://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/mcy/6795465669.html

Badgerflorida and Miaugi like this.
    "It's Like Warm Apple Pie"

Hidden Content

Looks like a nice one. Someday I’d like to try one.
    01 SOLD
    96 SOLD
    89 restored SOLD
    89 (restoration in process)
    05 (restoration in process)
    03 10K miles, decent condition
    04 in great condition

If that was about 3,000 miles closer I would be hooking up my trailer even at -5 degrees.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Heres a pair of BW200's in SoCal with titles but middle of the road on pricing

https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/mcy/6782908242.html

Miaugi and Smitty Blackstone like this.
    "It's Like Warm Apple Pie"

Hidden Content

Nice PL! If the fenders in front are original then one is an 85 and one is an 86. I can't tell if either is kick and electric start or not. Nice bikes and appear to be in decent shape and I would be doing some negotiating with him if they were here on the east coast. Some say the BW200 is much better in tight trails than the BW350 but I won't know for sure until I get some seat time on my 350 and then find a decent 200 to compare with.

GaryL
    Smitty Blackstone likes this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

I'm thinking of buying a BW200, but only if it's an upgrade from the TW200 for riding in loose/sandy conditions. If any of you can give me some feedback on that, it will be much appreciated. I've watched some youtube videos, but still not convinced it will be an improvement over the TW.
    TWy to make a TWip to the TWails to make some TWacks.

Quote Originally Posted by imlost View Post
    I'm thinking of buying a BW200, but only if it's an upgrade from the TW200 for riding in loose/sandy conditions. If any of you can give me some feedback on that, it will be much appreciated. I've watched some youtube videos, but still not convinced it will be an improvement over the TW.
    I can't comment on the BW200 in sand and being an improvement over the TW but can say my BW350 will be great in lose terrain and will blow a TW away with all the extra power. Some guys swear the BW200 is the better handling of the BWs and I can say for sure the BW200 are a much easier bike to rebuild because of parts availability. I don't know why but what I have found is the BW machines were way more popular out west and between Oregon, Idaho and Montana is where I have located most of the parts I needed. Very few of these machines came east for some reason but I do see quite a few Honda Fat Cats around here. The BW350 was only made for 2 years, 87 & 88 but the 200s had a longer life run.

GaryL

are there frame differences between the bw200 and bw350, or is it just displacement and weight?
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by joeband View Post
    are there frame differences between the bw200 and bw350, or is it just displacement and weight?
    Almost totally different frames with the 350 being larger and longer and only a few parts are interchangeable.

GaryL
    joeband and Smitty Blackstone like this.

so the motors aren't swappable? from pics they seemed like the same case as a tw
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links