Needed: Headlight Bracket
Close
††††
††††
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Needed: Headlight Bracket

  1. #1
    Junior Member Nolealum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    18

    Needed: Headlight Bracket

    Trying to bring a 1987 back to life as a project for my son and I. Buying needed parts used and new as I find we need them. Looking for the metal bracket that mounts to the forks so the headlight can be mounted. Only found one on EBay so thought I would ask the group if anyone has one laying around that they are interested in selling. Feel free to respond or PM me.

    Thanks very much.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Senior Member TW-Brian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Pleasanton, CA
    Posts
    5,634
    I've got one (from a blue '87, in fact!). I'll dig the bike out tomorrow and see what kind of shape it is in and get some pics for you. Anything else that you need while I am at it?

    Brian

  3. #3
    Senior Member Sthrnromr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Rural, South Carolina
    Posts
    630
    Yeah, eBay can be hit or miss for sure. For what itís worth, itís like $40 on Partzilla brand new. Į\_(ツ)_/Į
    2010 TW200 - The Goat
    Triumphs
    ATVs
    Way too many past bikes to list

  4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

  5. #4
    Junior Member Nolealum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Sthrnromr View Post
    Yeah, eBay can be hit or miss for sure. For what itís worth, itís like $40 on Partzilla brand new. Į\_(ツ)_/Į
    When I looked they didnít have it. Will look again.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #5
    Junior Member Nolealum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by TW-Brian View Post
    I've got one (from a blue '87, in fact!). I'll dig the bike out tomorrow and see what kind of shape it is in and get some pics for you. Anything else that you need while I am at it?

    Brian
    Thanks Brian. Mounting bolts would be great as well. Have the metal bracket around the light itself so assume that is all I would need along w bracket to mount.

    Next project is turn signals. Havenít really looked for them but if you have them would be interested as well.

    Thanks again.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #6
    Junior Member Nolealum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolealum View Post
    When I looked they didn’t have it. Will look again.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/ya...w200t/steering

    To make sure i'm looking for the right part, I think what I need is #16 in diagram. Please let me know if that is not it.

  8. #7
    Senior Member Sthrnromr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Rural, South Carolina
    Posts
    630
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolealum View Post
    https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/ya...w200t/steering

    To make sure i'm looking for the right part, I think what I need is #16 in diagram. Please let me know if that is not it.
    https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/ya...200t1/steering Part 13. $41.99 Ships in 2-3 days. I am pretty sure that is the same part as 16 from 1987, looks the same to me, but I am not 100% positive. Maybe someone can confirm. But, if TW-Brian has one, that may be your best bet.
    2010 TW200 - The Goat
    Triumphs
    ATVs
    Way too many past bikes to list

  9. #8
    Junior Member Nolealum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Sthrnromr View Post
    https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/ya...200t1/steering Part 13. $41.99 Ships in 2-3 days. I am pretty sure that is the same part as 16 from 1987, looks the same to me, but I am not 100% positive. Maybe someone can confirm. But, if TW-Brian has one, that may be your best bet.
    It does look like the same part but different part #. Curious if same part. Thanks.

  10. #9
    Senior Member TW-Brian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Pleasanton, CA
    Posts
    5,634
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolealum View Post
    Thanks Brian. Mounting bolts would be great as well. Have the metal bracket around the light itself so assume that is all I would need along w bracket to mount.

    Next project is turn signals. Havenít really looked for them but if you have them would be interested as well.

    Thanks again.
    Here is what I can offer you. The bracket appears to be straight, could use a shot of spray paint before you mount it. The front turn signals have some sun fading of the plastics but all wiring, connectors and boots are there and even one of the bulbs lights up! All mounting hardware is included. (Sorry, but I don't have any rear turn signals for you ).

    PMme with your address and I will get them sent off to you.

    Brian

    IMG_1470.JPG

  11. #10
    Junior Member Nolealum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    18
    Thanks Brian. PM sent.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Needed 87 tw200 complete kickstand... and bracket/frame section
    By FullySilenced in forum TW200 Classifieds
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-19-2016, 10:17 AM
  2. 2001 TW headlight bracket and pieces.
    By doggitter in forum Technical Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-02-2014, 11:15 AM
  3. WTB: Front headlight / turn signal mounting bracket
    By craig0ry in forum TW200 Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-21-2013, 12:41 PM
  4. Thanks Mr. Bracket, for the Bracket!
    By 5chord in forum Performance and Customization
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-11-2013, 04:17 PM
  5. Any ideas where to get a headlight bracket for a bottom mounted headlight
    By Lauro13 in forum Performance and Customization
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-22-2012, 10:52 PM