2JX-15377-00-00 guide inlet
Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: 2JX-15377-00-00 guide inlet

2JX-15377-00-00 guide inlet

Does anyone have an extra one of these? Went to changing sprockets and found mine broken. This is the plastic piece between cases and cover. I am in Texas. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Is that the chain guide?

Yes between the cases.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Is this just not a part people put back in? By material its easily dry rotted and broken. Is that big of deal to leave out?

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/ya...nkcase-cover-1

Part # 2 Guide Inlet and certainly not the chain guide.

GaryL
    texasstubs likes this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

I can’t really determine what purpose that part serves other than it fills a gap that theYamaha engineers designed into the crank case cover. The stator and pickup wires are routed through the other side of that gap. In my opinion, the worst case scenario without that guide is debris (including pieces of a broken chain) could damage the wires. Not very likely, but no bueno if those wires are damaged. Those are the same wires that some of us have pinched between the case and the cover during reassembly.

The good news is the OEM part can be had for 14 bucks plus shipping. Looks like the same part number since 87.

https://www.partzilla.com/product/ya...e04ae34254a02e

This is speculation on my part because I don’t understand the engineering reason for the gap and the guide. I’m pretty sure there is no oil flowing to that part of the case, but I’m curious if you currently have an oil leak coming from that side of the bike.
    Sthrnromr and texasstubs like this.
    01 street 203/204
    96 hybrid Shinko 241/428
    89 restored SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Badgerflorida View Post
    I can’t really determine what purpose that part serves other than it fills a gap that theYamaha engineers designed into the crank case cover. The stator and pickup wires are routed through the other side of that gap. In my opinion, the worst case scenario without that guide is debris (including pieces of a broken chain) could damage the wires. Not very likely, but no bueno if those wires are damaged. Those are the same wires that some of us have pinched between the case and the cover during reassembly.

The good news is the OEM part can be had for 14 bucks plus shipping. Looks like the same part number since 87.

https://www.partzilla.com/product/ya...e04ae34254a02e

This is speculation on my part because I don’t understand the engineering reason for the gap and the guide. I’m pretty sure there is no oil flowing to that part of the case, but I’m curious if you currently have an oil leak coming from that side of the bike.
    I have 2 total on order through 2 different suppliers. They are on backorder until April 4th. My bike is torn down in my garage waiting on it. (Don't like being at a stop for so long) I spoke to Yamaha USA Corporate today. I was informed that it was not a highly purchased part and that there were none in the USA. There are however 5 in Japan. I have done a lot of research to find this part. I have been waiting on 2 of them since last week.

After handling my broken part I feel like it served its purpose and broke when the chain jumped off the front sprocket at some point before I purchased it. The reason I found it was that my bike new to me was having low mpg problems so I decided to count teeth on sprockets and found a broken tooth. That is the main reason I decided to change the sprocket out where I found this broken part. I am also held up on adjusting the carb waiting on this part. So I decided today to order new tires to help my impatience(LOL). They are also 15 years old.

I think the part serves two purposes 1.) to plug the hole. 2.) to take impact of a chain hiting the case.
    Tweaker and RallyX like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/ya...nkcase-cover-1

Part # 2 Guide Inlet and certainly not the chain guide.

GaryL
    I think in may actually be a chain guide to keep it from colliding with the case in emergency. I think if the chain is adjusted correctly you would never break it or need it other than keeping stuff out of that hole.
    Badgerflorida likes this.

There is very little info on that piece anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Badgerflorida View Post

Looking at it opened up there is no oil that can get to that point. The case is closed before that point.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links