1996 TW200, $1700 SOLD
Close

[Sale Pending 1/8]

I purchased the bike recently for $1450 (purchased 1/31/13). The previous owner owned the bike for 6 months. I don't know anything about the original owner or history of the bike. The previous owner replaced the head gasket and added new rear brakes (front are still great). All work was done at "Jim's Cycle," a shop in Santa Cruz.

Engine has 13k miles on it, but these engines are notoriously reliable and, with love, will run strong for at least another 40k miles, if not more.

I improved the bike:

* Batterynew 2/2013, maintenance free, should last 3-5 years): AGM XTAZ7S at Battery Plus in Scotts Valley for $82

* Full inspection and work listed below done at Cycle Revolution in Santa Cruz.

* Carburetor thoroughly cleaned

* Valves adjusted

* Electrical/wiring fixed - low beam on headlight didn't work, front left turn signal did not work. All lights work perfectly now.

- Repairs cost me $170.

* Right mirror is missing. I ordered a new set of mirrors: 87-10 Yamaha Trailway TW200 TW 200 LH RH Mirrors Pair - $28 to be installed as soon as they arrive.

* I have all receipts.

Total cost for me:

$1450 bike

$280 repairs

Total: $1,730

I am not looking to make money off of this bike, I just want to break close to even. I was super excited to keep the bike, but I got a little tax return money at the same time that I found an great deal on a newer TW200, so that is why I am selling this bike.

I've been riding the bike, and it runs excellent! The only thing that this bike needs is steering head bearings replacement. Right now, the steering feels stiff, it wants to bring you back to center instead of a smooth transition between turns. It's totally ride-able without the replacement, but if I was going to keep the bike, I would definitely do this. Also, there is a bit of rust on the handlebars, and a thin rip along the seam in the seat.

If you are interested in aesthetics, I can point you to someone on the TWforum who will sell a set of black plastics for something around $120, not sure of the exact price. I have a great piece of gunsmoke gray vinyl that you can use to reupholster the seat. If you mostly want to ride on the street, you can take the knobbies off and put on a nice street tire (I recommend the TW204 &TW203 Bridgestone).

Please PM if interested, or reply to the craigslist ad in Santa Cruz.

EnJoy!

-Cathy

p.s., thanks to all the awesome folks on this forum who helped me out. I'll post pics of the new t-dub next week
    . . .

Cathy | Santa Cruz, CA | '96 TW200

Sold!
    . . .

Cathy | Santa Cruz, CA | '96 TW200

Dang, that was quick! good for you and the new owner.
    Only a fool would attempt it, and God help me, I am that fool!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Shasta County - In the Shadow of Lassen Peak
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    Sold!
    Congrats Cat - neighbor just over the hill. I gave the info to my son-in-law, guess he didn't pull the trigger soon enough.

Well hello!!!! I'm the very proud new owner of my very first tw200!!

Super happy to be a part of this forum !

Thanks again, Cathy!!
    96' Rainbow Worrier, 47t Moose Racing sprocket, Renthal ATV bars, 04' XT225 fuel tank, Bridgestone tw203, tw204, Rock Oil full synthetic

"Love Life"

Quote Originally Posted by BikeNerd21 View Post

Thanks again, Cathy!!

Congratulations BikeNerd!. Welcome.

Shasta County - In the Shadow of Lassen Peak
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeNerd21 View Post

Thanks again, Cathy!!
    Okay BikeNerd - where in the mountains are you located? I'm on the Santa Clara Co side maybe 3 miles south east of the antenna on Summit Rd and less than a mile from the Santa Cruz Co line. How about you Cat, you a town woman or a country gal?

Oh yeah BikeNerd - WELCOME!

Hey Fling Wing!!! SO sorry for the late post!!

I currently live in Ben Lomond and ride HWY 9 into Saratoga for work 4 times a week for work. It would be nice to find some TDubbers who would want to get together and ride that road for our leisure!!!!

Let me know if you're interested!!

flingwing has been AWOL for many months, but there are a few of us here in san jose. you should really think about going to the cow mt round up october 12th. a good time had by all.

Sheet Iron #1

Sheet Iron #2

Next Month: Sheet Iron #3/ Cow Mt Roundup
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by joeband View Post
    flingwing has been AWOL for many months, but there are a few of us here in san jose. you should really think about going to the cow mt round up october 12th. a good time had by all.

Sheet Iron #1

Sheet Iron #2

Next Month: Sheet Iron #3/ Cow Mt Roundup
    Hey Joe...thanks for the response. I HAVE been seriously thinking about the cow mountain ride. I heard there was some talk of certain people taking alternate routes for the less advanced riders. Is this true? I've been riding for over a year now...feel pretty confident. But would rather a leisurely ride than super strenuous. Also, is it just Tdub exclusive? I would love to bring my buddy who rides a kdx650...

Thanks for your time!!

Ride safe!

Sponosred Links