Wanted to buy - Kawasaki 1990 - 91 KLF300 Bayou Quad with clean title
Close

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Gruff54
  • 1 Post By Kev250R

Thread: Wanted to buy - Kawasaki 1990 - 91 KLF300 Bayou Quad with clean title

Wanted to buy - Kawasaki 1990 - 91 KLF300 Bayou Quad with clean title

I have been searching for a decade for an old 1990 or 1991 2 wheel drive Kawasaki KLF300 Bayou clear title

All I need is the title and frame but would buy a whole parts bike or anything from a showroom new old stock to a roasted by fire burned out hulk as long as it has a clean clear title and the frame below the engine that holds the VIN plate

I've come close many times but always a week late etc

All the ebay sellers frames they surrender the titles to their respective states and none of them seem to know how to retain a title

Back in the late 90's there was a huge drug dealer bust in Seattle and the auctioned off all the stuff the guy owned from homes, boats, planes and tons of tools, you name it I spent 3 days bidding and bought two full semi truck loads of stuff

It was a Canadian auction company and the paperwork they gave me was not right for USA and I eventually lost it so now I'm not sure if I could even prove I own it lol

I could part it out but it was a brand new in the crate KLF and even today has under 5 miles on it
    "It's Like Warm Apple Pie"

Hidden Content

Take it to Vermont, get it a title and it is good to go. I hear they give titles out like restaurants give out eggs.

If I could prove ownership that might be possible I tried to contact the auction company decades ago and they were long defunct so at this point I'm either buying a title or parting it out

these must have been very good sellers I've seen literally hundreds on CL over the years all with no titles except one that was already sold

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Sell it to someone in a state that doesn't require a title for off-road bikes/quads?

Mike
    PlacerLode likes this.

I can't help with a title but can attest to what a good Quad these are! My folks bought me a '91 Bayou 220 in October of '91 when I was 14. I still have it today! It runs great, survived me riding it like an idiot when I was teenager. I keep it around now as a spare Quad for newbies but occasionally still ride it. A little over a year ago I ended-up taking it on a 60 mile ride out in the desert (long story). Who knows how many hours/miles mine has on it (it's on it's third or fourth set of tires) but has never had or needed any motor or trans work. I have four other ATV's and that old Bayou is easily my favorite!

Hope you're able to get yours on the trail soon!

Kevin
    PlacerLode likes this.
    '04 TW - Ricochet skid plate, IMS pegs, Odyssey battery, Seat Concepts seat, wide front tire. Geared low N' Slow Hidden Content

Honda Grom
    KTM 990 Adventure

A buddy of mine was at the auction with me and he bought a 1991 Bayou 220 and he still uses it today for his hunting trips

I guess I could sell it to a state where no titles are required but I like the quad and would like to use it here in Arizona

Hidden Content

Sponosred Links