Selling "Ol Blue" ? - Page 2
Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Selling "Ol Blue" ?

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff View Post
    I will be 80 in Oct. and I ride several times a week.....in consideration of my age....I take shorter and easier and slower rides....mostly on Forest roads and easy trails ….. my doctor(s) tell me it is good for my body and my mind......but mostly for my soul....don't do anything rash....I have been driving Jeeps in the boonies since I was 13.....still do..... and they are just ok....you can see my Jeep in the background...

I have found nothing more relaxing and exciting as riding a motorcycle ….it concentrates the mind and uses muscles that need to be used. If fact, I have more pain if I don't hike or ride...

The woods are lovely and dark and deep and I have miles to go before I sleep....Burma Shave !!Attachment 195582
    I saw you ride in Moab. You ride at almost 80 better than I ever will. You ride very very well.

Hell Hoot, age is just a number. Keep and ride/drive both cause you're gonna die one day one way or another. Might as well have fun in the mean time!
    Ken, Hoot Gibson, grewen and 1 others like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

I understand that if you haven't grown up by the time you are 75, there is really no point to it...…

The first Jeep I had was a WWII war surplus ….you really could buy a jeep like it said in the magazines for $150....but it came in boxes and you had to put it together.....it was a great project for a 13 year old....when I wasn't busy. I was working on that jeep.

Now days with hardtops , automatics , power everything even air and a heater (that won't blow up) they are more like luxury cars than jeeps....

.2014 jeep.jpg
    Last edited by bartruff; 07-23-2019 at 12:37 PM.
    Ken and Hoot Gibson like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff View Post
    I understand that if you haven't grown up by the time you are 75, there is really no point to it...…

The first Jeep I had was a WWII war surplus ….you really could buy a jeep like it said in the magazines for $150....but it came in boxes and you had to put it together.....it was a great project for a 13 year old....when I wasn't busy. I was working on that jeep.

Now days with hardtops , automatics , power everything even air and a heater (that won't blow up) they are more like luxury cars than jeeps....

.2014 jeep.jpg
    The Price on some of these "Soccer Mom/Grocery Hauler" Jeeps is crazy....I insisted on just a couple of items...Hard Top{the last 2 were Rag Tops and despite some fun they were basically a pain to keep up}...Manual Tranny {6 Speed}, Good AC{Heat} and solid Radio...and 2 doors....otherwise this Red Boy was great, only 64,900 miles on it, at 10 years old, and clean …. no electronics, even the windows are hand crank....now I will begin to add the things I need for off road, while still be able to drive on the Highway without shaking and breaking any bones...

Ol' Blue is still in the garage and neither Montezuma or I have been out much this year....but That decision is still up in the air on selling
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Well, they can really haul the groceries ...it is very convenient to open the back as opposed to opening the cloth top and that damn rear window …….as for hauling anyone in the back seat....they would have to be about 10 years old to get back there....

I sold/gave away my motorcycles a few years ago thinking I was to old to ride and then every beautiful day that came by, I knew I had made a mistake...…. now it is true that I live in the Cascade Mountains and can ride out of my garage.....if I lived in town just maybe I could have quit.....but the woods keep saying...…." pst….looking for a good time young man ??? "..... I never could pass up a good time...

So I had to go buy a couple more and it has been fun... Yamaha tw.png
    Last edited by bartruff; 07-24-2019 at 07:34 AM.
    admiral, Xracer, Purple and 3 others like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponosred Links