Selling "Ol Blue" ?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Selling "Ol Blue" ?

Selling "Ol Blue" ?

The decision is not final...but I am leaning towards selling the 2014 that I purchased in March 2014 new from Honda East outside of Toledo....

This decision, while not final, doesn't come easy, because I still imagine that I can ride it once again in Moab, Big Bend, and the reaches of Michigan's UP, and the Hills of West "By God" Virginia....however, at 70 years old, and well into that year....I also have other adventures that I want to complete, and the 2009 Jeep Wrangler that I purchased in January beckons as well....I could use both, but with the time I have left, I'm not sure that is feasible. While my Health is fairly good, D2 and a touch of Neuropathy not withstanding, the time may be at hand.

If I choose to sell, I plan on using any money to upgrade the Jeep and have it ready for Big Bend's trials and similar off road adventures...at this age I may, may I say, be better suited for 4 wheels, rather than 2....

The Asking Price?

Have not decided, but I will upgrade the battery, any new Rubber, currently the Stock Rear and the Michelin T63 Front, are probably in need of being replaced soon....but I will toss in the low miles "Death Wing" {500 miles} in as a "Gift"

Blue has just a shade over 7000 miles, uses Syn Oil and has a New {Less than 600 miles} Stock Chain...

If I sell, there are some upgrades I am sure the buyer would want to add....however, it has given me 5 years, especially the first 3 of great off and back road pleasure....and runs like a Champ...

Stay Tuned!

TW Bath Time 005.JPG Jeep at Windy Point 1.jpg
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

Sorry to read this, Hoot.
    I gave up motorcycling last Sep, after 55 years of riding, at age 71 1/2, due to an eye issue.
    ...but Jeeps can be fun.
    Whatever you decide, enjoy!
    Hoot Gibson and Ken like this.
    2014 Honda CB1100
    2018 Yamaha XT250
    2016 Moto Guzzi V7 II
    2017 Yamaha TW200
    2012 Triumph Bonneville
    2002 H-D Sportster 1200 Sport
    2003 H-D Sportster 883
    1976 Honda CB750F
    1975 Honda CB360
    1970 Yamaha CT1
    1972 Yamaha CT2
    1972 Yamaha AT2/CT2
    1970 Honda SL350
    1970 Honda CL350
    1967 Honda CL160
    1967 Honda CB160
    1962 Honda CA110

Senior Member TeeDoubleUTwoHundred's Avatar
    Love the firecracker red, my favourite. Also, as you know, real Jeeps have 2 doors

Enjoy the 4 wheel build. I know how much fun it is.
    Ken, SportsterDoc and Hoot Gibson like this.
    2017 TW200 -> Hand Guards-Chain-Foot Pegs-Skid Plate-Shifter-Grips-Mirrors-Fuel Filter-Fender-Levers

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Don't you start getting all sensible on us now - it's too much of a shock ......
    Ken, SportsterDoc and Hoot Gibson like this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

I resemble all of those remarks Hoot. This getting older crap is for the birds but still better than the alternative. Still being active enough to toss a leg over the seat is great but with all the aches and pains after just a short hop it just is not worth it for me. Up here where I am it is bad enough driving my 4 runner into town and having to dodge all the idiots coming at me in my lane while playing on their phones. Just yesterday I watch a guy on a big MC narrowly avoid a serious crash when some bimbo pulled right out in front of him. Good that he was paying attention and had shoulder room to swerve and miss her.
    After viewing the video from BB park I can say for sure it is not a place I care to visit. I do get the adventure part of such a trip but there are way nicer places to go exploring IMO. We just went through a rather hot period here in the NY Catskills and the gauge hit 101 on Saturday. This was dreadful as far as I am concerned so I won't be going anywhere to find such heat. My adventures will stay way further north in the future and the desert does nothing for me.
    Good luck with the sale of Ol Blue and we know you have cared for your bike as good as any of us. Building on the Jeep platform seems a bit more fitting and the creature comforts you have inside a cabin will suit you much better in all weather conditions. I would have a nice small tag along trailer hooked to the hitch so you could sleep where ever you stop and just enjoy the scenery along the way. Mel has already figured this out with his set up and I have been contemplating a similar set up. I just need to get my wife retired before it is too late for the both of us to enjoy.

GaryL
    jbfla, Mel and Hoot Gibson like this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Here I am getting set to retire next year. With some plans to do some more riding and you guys are folding out. Who the heck am I going to ride with?
    Hoot Gibson likes this.

I will be 80 in Oct. and I ride several times a week.....in consideration of my age....I take shorter and easier and slower rides....mostly on Forest roads and easy trails ….. my doctor(s) tell me it is good for my body and my mind......but mostly for my soul....don't do anything rash....I have been driving Jeeps in the boonies since I was 13.....still do..... and they are just ok....you can see my Jeep in the background...

I have found nothing more relaxing and exciting as riding a motorcycle ….it concentrates the mind and uses muscles that need to be used. If fact, I have more pain if I don't hike or ride...

The woods are lovely and dark and deep and I have miles to go before I sleep....Burma Shave !!0038356-R1-24-0A.jpg
    Last edited by bartruff; 07-23-2019 at 08:05 AM.

Ken
    I hope to be riding for a long time. Health, eye sight and balance are major when it comes to two wheels. Now with the Rekluse clutch and linked brakes at least you could still ride something if you had some other issues.
    The most important thing is ride as long as you feel safe.
    Mel, Xracer and Hoot Gibson like this.
    1993 TW200 just shy of 46,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff View Post
    I will be 80 in Oct. and I ride several times a week.....in consideration of my age....I take shorter and easier and slower rides....mostly on Forest roads and easy trails ….. my doctor(s) tell me it is good for my body and my mind......but mostly for my soul....don't do anything rash....I have been driving Jeeps in the boonies since I was 13.....still do..... and they are just ok....you can see my Jeep in the background...

I have found nothing more relaxing and exciting as riding a motorcycle ….it concentrates the mind and uses muscles that need to be used. If fact, I have more pain if I don't hike or ride...

The woods are lovely and dark and deep and I have miles to go before I sleep....Burma Shave !!0038356-R1-24-0A.jpg
    That's my all time favorite car right there Bart. Either one will do 289 or 427 Shelby AC Cobra and even if it is a replica or kit car. A real original one in that condition is an easy quarter mill or more today.

GaryL
    Ken and Darth like this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot Gibson View Post
    The decision is not final...but I am leaning towards selling the 2014 that I purchased in March 2014 new from Honda East outside of Toledo....

This decision, while not final, doesn't come easy, because I still imagine that I can ride it once again in Moab, Big Bend, and the reaches of Michigan's UP, and the Hills of West "By God" Virginia....however, at 70 years old, and well into that year....I also have other adventures that I want to complete, and the 2009 Jeep Wrangler that I purchased in January beckons as well....I could use both, but with the time I have left, I'm not sure that is feasible. While my Health is fairly good, D2 and a touch of Neuropathy not withstanding, the time may be at hand.

If I choose to sell, I plan on using any money to upgrade the Jeep and have it ready for Big Bend's trials and similar off road adventures...at this age I may, may I say, be better suited for 4 wheels, rather than 2....

The Asking Price?

Have not decided, but I will upgrade the battery, any new Rubber, currently the Stock Rear and the Michelin T63 Front, are probably in need of being replaced soon....but I will toss in the low miles "Death Wing" {500 miles} in as a "Gift"

Blue has just a shade over 7000 miles, uses Syn Oil and has a New {Less than 600 miles} Stock Chain...

If I sell, there are some upgrades I am sure the buyer would want to add....however, it has given me 5 years, especially the first 3 of great off and back road pleasure....and runs like a Champ...

Stay Tuned!

TW Bath Time 005.JPG Jeep at Windy Point 1.jpg
    Hey Hoot,
    Well Sir, I can sympathize with you all the way. I'm just shy of about 3 years behind you in age. My health is also fairly good and am still somewhat capable of good, clean fun. We just acquired an '07 TW and, I've been resurrecting it now for about 3-4 weeks. It's SERIOUSLY in better shape now, then when we bought it. But, we also have a '15 Jeep JKUR that we like to tote along behind our motorhome. So, I recently purchased a Versa Hauler from a friend with the intention of carrying the TW AND bringing along the Jeep. Well, after a bit of work, some slight adjustments, you'll see below the results. We're leaving on a trip this Thursday from here in Lake Havasu to Durango CO. We'll see how that goes. I dig that little bike. It's like riding an over grown mini bike.

In any case, I sure hope things maybe get better for ya. Having toys when traveling is the best of both worlds. I surely applaud you for taking it this far and enjoying life. Good luck.
    ScottIMG_2875.JPGIMG_2876.JPG
    Hoot Gibson and Ken like this.
    Retired SDFD, 30 years,
    2004 Itasca Horizon 36GD CAT C-7 330HP
    2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing Caliente red
    2007 TW 200 "Blue Noid"
    2115 Jeep JKUR Rubicon
    2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab 4x4
    HAM, KI6OND
    Me, the wife and our killer Mini Schnauzer, "Sophie"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links