Tool Kits, NEW, TW200 and XT225
Close

Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By GaryL
  • 2 Post By Fred
  • 1 Post By GaryL

Thread: Tool Kits, NEW, TW200 and XT225

Going through some stuff I have collected over the years and found some tool kits I purchased from a Yamaha dealer that went out of business. No wonder why he is out of business because he swiped the tool kits from new bikes he sold only to sell them later.

I know what I paid for them and am not making a dime on them at the prices listed. Grab them if you want them or go find them cheaper somewhere else. Both are new and never used.

XT225 kit with container and fastening bolts $45 plus actual shipping

IMG_1904.JPG

TW200 Kit $30 plus actual shipping.

IMG_1905.JPG

PM me if interested.

GaryL
    CJ7Pilot, Darth, Ken and 1 others like this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Nice offer Gary.
    While not the most surgical quality of tools they are a lot better than nothing and can accomplish a lot of roadside repair and self-rescue. They take up a lot less weight and room than quality replacements since the kit's contents are lightweight and multi-functional.
    Someone who sells used TWs here once said he removes these tool kits from every TW he re-sells.
    I would recommend double checking one's TW for a complete kit if one does not already pack a tool belt. I like to add an additional fuse and nitrile gloves to my kits.
    Purple and Darth like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Nice offer Gary.
    While not the most surgical quality of tools they are a lot better than nothing and can accomplish a lot of roadside repair and self-rescue. They take up a lot less weight and room than quality replacements since the kit's contents are lightweight and multi-functional.
    Someone who sells used TWs here once said he removes these tool kits from every TW he re-sells.
    I would recommend double checking one's TW for a complete kit if one does not already pack a tool belt. I like to add an additional fuse and nitrile gloves to my kits.
    Yes Fred, I always carried my own tools in the rear box I use on the rack. These kits can suffice in a pinch and even for doing basic oil changes and adjustments. I have no idea if you can buy the kits at most dealers or what they would cost. The out of business dealer was a cheap creep and had the kits from just about every new bike he ever sold. He told my friend the kits don't come in the bikes and charged him $35 extra when he bought his ATV. I told him that was complete BS and just about every new bike comes with an On Board tool kit from the factory.
    He had all sorts of NOS OEM parts he was selling when he closed but not much for the TWs or XTs. I bet he still has lots of old parts left in the building that sits dormant today because he was pricing everything way too high.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

When it comes to removing the oil drain bolt I actually prefer using the 22mm wrench in these factory kits over a “quality” wrench. I’ve seen other wrenches that are supposed to be better quality, especially sockets, round over the oil drain bolt. The cheapie Yamaha factory tool wrench will grab the oil drain bolt as good as any wrench and won’t strip the bolt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Aguaski View Post
    When it comes to removing the oil drain bolt I actually prefer using the 22mm wrench in these factory kits over a “quality” wrench. I’ve seen other wrenches that are supposed to be better quality, especially sockets, round over the oil drain bolt. The cheapie Yamaha factory tool wrench will grab the oil drain bolt as good as any wrench and won’t strip the bolt.

You are of course correct except if you happen to have a good set of metric 6 point sockets that has the 22 MM size in it. Most socket sets are the 12 point versions and I hate them with a passion for that exact reason, round over any tight nuts. The same goes for any of the screws on our TWs and most Japanese bikes. The screws sure look like regular Phillips heads but they are in fact very different and called either "JIS" for (Japanese Industrial Standard) or the American version is called "Cross Point." Use a Phillips driver on a tight screw and you are sure to round over the slots. Harbor Freight usually carries a perfectly good set of the 6 point or 6 flat sided sockets and worth having for working on any machines.

GaryL

UPDATE! The kit for the TW is sold pending payment but the one for the XT225 with the spanner shock tool and box remains up for grabs.

GaryL
    littletommy likes this.

FYI: the oem tw200 tool kits are $32.79 brand new today.
    So your price is spot on.

Sponosred Links