• 3 Post By Fred
  • 2 Post By Trail Woman
  • 1 Post By CJ7Pilot
  • 2 Post By CJ7Pilot
  • 3 Post By littletommy
  • 1 Post By CJ7Pilot

Thread: 229cc 6-Speed Project For Sale - $800 shipped

229cc 6-Speed Project For Sale - $800 shipped

Well, it turns out I just don't have time to do everything....

I have two "big bore" projects going on, and one of them has to go.

This one is closest to being ready to run. It's a 2004 TTR225 engine, freshly bored out to 71mm, with a new Weisco 10.5:1 compression piston, and a new Placerlode countershaft extension. It also includes gaskets, a stainless steel screw kit, and a new ball bearing in place of the cam bushing.

The engine came from a complete TTR225, but it wasn't running when I bought it. It does shift crisply through the gears though, and it's very clean inside. I have not re-assembled the top end... I figured the buyer might want to examine the pieces first.

So... let's see what I have wrapped up in this thing (I'm literally figuring it out as I type this):

Engine - $250 (the whole bike was $500, and I think the engine is half the value... probably more than half)
    Piston - $110
    Bore/hone - $100
    Countershaft Extension - $280.00
    Screw kit - $25.00
    Gasket kit - $20.00

Total - $785.00

Dang... things add up in a hurry!

How about $800 shipped to the continental US? I know that seems pricey, but as you can see, that's what it costs....

Let me know if you're interested!

TTR225 - 7.jpg

TTR225 - 8.jpg

TTR225 - 9.jpg

TTR225 - 5.jpg

TTR225 - 4.jpg

TTR225 - 6.jpg

TTR225 - 2.jpg

TTR225 - 1.jpg
    Now I must hurry on... for there they go, and I am their leader!

By the way, a kick starter can not be added to this engine, without major disassembly and machine work. This engine is best suited for someone who doesn't mind electric start only.

Thanks for looking!

That should be a very strong motor.
    What, no kick starter?
    Does the right side case half have the machined recess for the bushing, or whatever, that would support the internal end of the kick start shaft? That would add value.
    Same for the right cover...plastic plug in kickstart shaft location, or un-machined casting?

EDIT: Ooops, I was composing as CJ7Pilot was elaborating. Never mind .

Last edited by Fred; 10-13-2019 at 07:26 PM.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Drool.....

Here's a link to my currently dormant build thread, that has some more photos of this engine in various states of disassembly: https://www.tw200forum.com/forum/per...ransplant.html

Here's a link to VanillaGorilla's thread about adding a kick starter to TTR cases: https://www.tw200forum.com/forum/per...225-cases.html

Reading through these is starting to motivate me to get going on my other build! I have my cylinder back from LA sleeve for the XT/249cc engine, so I guess I should start putting it together. It's going to be a much more expensive engine than the TTR engine turned out to be... I'll detail the costs in the build thread at some point, but I'm guessing it will be double the cost of this one that I'm selling now.
    Last edited by CJ7Pilot; 10-14-2019 at 11:38 AM.
    Fred likes this.

Here's the king of threads for TW200 "big bore" conversions: https://www.tw200forum.com/forum/per...up-250-cc.html

Macbig2k1 did a lot of work figuring out what works well, and what doesn't... and he put that knowledge to pretty rigorous testing on the street, and on the trail.

The opening post is a virtual shopping list of what you'll need to put one of these engines together.

Now that Placerlode's countershaft extensions have made this kind of project more accessible to home mechanics, I think it should become a "sticky."

Enjoy!
    Last edited by CJ7Pilot; 10-17-2019 at 05:08 PM.
    Fred and Trail Woman like this.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ7Pilot View Post
    Here's the king of threads for TW200 "big bore" conversions: https://www.tw200forum.com/forum/per...up-250-cc.html

Macbig2k1 did a lot of work figuring out what works well, and what doesn't... and he put that knowledge to pretty rigorous testing on the street, and on the trail.

The opening post is a virtual shopping list of what you'll need to put one of these engines together.

Now that Placerlode's countershaft extensions have made this kind of project more accessible to home mechanics, I think it should become a "sticky."

Enjoy!
    Moved and Stuck. It is now in Performance and Customization, Sub-Forum, under Sticky Threads.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Project SOLD!
    Smitty Blackstone likes this.

Sponosred Links