Two 1987 TW200s, $2500 EACH, Northern California...
Close

Like Tree13Likes
  • 2 Post By CJ7Pilot
  • 3 Post By littletommy
  • 2 Post By CJ7Pilot
  • 3 Post By littletommy
  • 3 Post By Fred

Thread: Two 1987 TW200s, $2500 EACH, Northern California...

Two 1987 TW200s, $2500 EACH, Northern California...

... Or trade for Triumph Scrambler....

Some of you will recognize the black one as Little Tommy's old bike. Tommy put a ton of effort in to fixing this one up, right down to powder coating the frame and swingarm. I haven't changed much on it since I've had it: I just added a cyclerack, a stock tail light, and a replacement speedometer. The actual miles are only about half of what the odometer reads, but of course I can't prove that. Tommy sold it to me for about half what he had in it, and I'm asking the same for it now.

The white/blue one was mostly stock when I got it, but was a bit sluggish due a small generic carburetor and a BW CDI. I added a new TW CDI (which made a huge difference), and I played around with several different carbs before finally landing on a later model TW clone. The bike is now running great! When I got Tommy's bike, I liked all that he'd done, so I went to work setting the white one up generally the same way. Because of this, even though the black one is nicer, I actually have quite a bit more money tied up in the white one! Oh well, such is life.

Both '87s are both set up for larger riders, with heavy duty springs front and rear (I do have one set of original springs though, so I could set one bike up as stock if needed). Both have oversized fuel tanks (Clarke on the black one, XT350 on the white one), Protaper bars, hand guards, oversized pegs, seat concepts seat covers, Cycleracks, good front tires (one 241, and one 244), and fairly new stock rear tires.

My wife and I bought these because we planned on taking trips to the woods on them. She hurt her shoulder though, so we go to the woods in my Jeep instead. I figured I'd keep them for a while anyway, and ride the black one while I modded out the white one with a bigger engine, extended swingarm, dual sprockets, etc. (yes, I'm a tinkerer)... but it's just not happening. I need to consolidate, and regroup.

Anyhow, I'll be advertising these locally in a few days, and I figured I'd offer them here first. Thanks for looking!

87TW - 1.jpg

87TW - 2.jpg

87TW - 3.jpg

87TW - 4.jpg

87TW - 5.jpg

87TWa - 1.jpg

87TWa - 2.jpg

87TWa - 3.jpg

87TWa - 4.jpg

87TWa - 5.jpg
    Darth and Jon62602 like this.
    Now I must hurry on... for there they go, and I am their leader!

That black one is a beauty.

Pretty sweet work on the other one too bro!!
    CJ7Pilot, Darth and Jon62602 like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks Tommy, it wrenches my gut to be getting rid of these... but I'm just spread too thin right now.
    Darth and Jon62602 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I'd like to see you get that Triumph.
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ7Pilot View Post
    Thanks Tommy, it wrenches my gut to be getting rid of these... but I'm just spread too thin right now.
    CJ7Pilot, Darth and Jon62602 like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content Hidden Content

Having seen both of these bikes in person it would be hard to imagine any better equipped, cleaner, better looking '87s out there.
    Bikes are honestly presented, if not understated in quality here.
    Darth, littletommy and CJ7Pilot like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Thank you, Fred!

Sponosred Links