1987 TW200 for Sale, West Texas
Close
    
    
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Junior Member rodcarter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    West Texas, San Angelo
    Posts
    14
    I have a 1987 TW200 for sale. The bike is in great condition except that it needs a CDI. Due to health reasons I have been selling 9 of my 11 motorcycles. The TW is the standard blue/white, no dents, good compression and all covers in tact. No dings in gas tank, forks rims all in great shape. First $300.00 buys the bike, will send pictures if requested. Seat has a standard horizontal tear across it from weather rot. Bill of Sale will be provided with sale. If not sold will part it out in two weeks but its really to good of a bike to part out. Thanks for looking rod

  2. #2
    Senior Member peruano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Lower Rio Grande, New Mexico
    Posts
    1,702
    Robbing the kick starter alone would almost justify the price of the bike. I'm sure you will sell it at that price unless San Angelo is just too far away for most folks.
    Tom - TW200 2002, Kawasaki VN 500 2006

    Hidden Content

    Central New Mexico

  3. #3
    Junior Member rodcarter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    West Texas, San Angelo
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by peruano View Post
    Robbing the kick starter alone would almost justify the price of the bike. I'm sure you will sell it at that price unless San Angelo is just too far away for most folks.


    Yes, I agree. I just hate to tear it apart as it is a great running bike and in great shape. I know that I can make alot more money parting it out but money is not

    that important to me. Would rather hear or see it running again for some person who would enjoy it. I feel that way about most of my bikes, Guzzies, Nortons,

    Royal Enfield etc. Thanks for looking. West Texas is a long ways away from most people. semper fi rod

  4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Senior Member owtcast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Republic of Texas
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by rodcarter View Post
    Yes, I agree. I just hate to tear it apart as it is a great running bike and in great shape. I know that I can make alot more money parting it out but money is not

    that important to me. Would rather hear or see it running again for some person who would enjoy it. I feel that way about most of my bikes, Guzzies, Nortons,

    Royal Enfield etc. Thanks for looking. West Texas is a long ways away from most people. semper fi rod




    Put it up on here. > www.twtex.com

    It'll sell. And almost all the members are from Texas. So someone is close to you. I'd buy it if it didn't take another $400 in fuel to go get it. I'm all the way east on I-10. (Beaumont)

  6. #5
    Senior Member peruano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Lower Rio Grande, New Mexico
    Posts
    1,702
    Damn, Beaumont from San Angelo on a 23 year old tw - now that sounds like an adventure. Picking the right roads it would not only be doable, but worth making a movie about. Owtcast, I think you should reconsider. Tom
    Tom - TW200 2002, Kawasaki VN 500 2006

    Hidden Content

    Central New Mexico

  7. #6
    Junior Member brandonbenson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Breckenridge CO
    Posts
    12
    Is your TW still for sale??? I am interested, the price is right... Can you send a photo or two? Thank you for your time,

    Sincerely,

    Brandon

  8. #7
    Senior Member kj7687's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Southern California - Inland Empire
    Posts
    2,419
    Quote Originally Posted by rodcarter View Post
    I have a 1987 TW200 for sale. The bike is in great condition except that it needs a CDI. Due to health reasons I have been selling 9 of my 11 motorcycles. The TW is the standard blue/white, no dents, good compression and all covers in tact. No dings in gas tank, forks rims all in great shape. First $300.00 buys the bike, will send pictures if requested. Seat has a standard horizontal tear across it from weather rot. Bill of Sale will be provided with sale. If not sold will part it out in two weeks but its really to good of a bike to part out. Thanks for looking rod


    Hmm, I'd buy this bike from you tomorrow morning if you lived close. A shame...anyway with some more info and some contemplation I may be prepared to offer you $100 plus shipping for the complete engine, or possibly like $40 for the complete top end. I was going to part out my broken down 07 TW200 but I'm seriously considering fixing it (new cylinder head and valves, etc.) or dropping a whole "new" engine into the frame. Because everything else on the bike is in great shape and man how I miss riding that bike! And now having two other bikes I wouldn't feel "guilty" about gearing it really low like I used to have it. I say guilty because the super low gearing, while it makes the bike exponentially more fun off road, isn't good for reliability when the bike is used on the highway a lot. But now I could just use it around town and off road, instead of as a highway commuter/adventure bike like it used to be to me. Anyway I'm sort of rambling now. I tend to do this an awful lot. Anyway so yea if you do decide to part it out, or you want to ship it to California for free (joke...), let me know.
    KJ, just KJ, ok.


    Current rides:
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500, 1999 Toyota 4Runner

    Past rides: 2015 Yamaha XT 250, 1997 Suzuki DR 200, 2007 Honda Ruckus, 2007 Yamaha TW 200, 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 500, 2009 Kawasaki KLX331S; 1994 GMC Sierra 1500, 1987 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 Acura Integra, 1986 Honda CRX, 1989 Jeep Cherokee, 1994 Chevrolet Astro Van, 1979 Volkswagen Rabbit, 1984 Jeep Cherokee

  9. #8
    Junior Member rodcarter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    West Texas, San Angelo
    Posts
    14
    Yes, I agree with ya'll on parting the bike out would probably bring in more $$ than selling it whole but after so many years of running all my motorcycles

    I have never parted any of them out. Over the past year have sold six of my bikes with only five left. All of my motorcyles are road bikes except for the

    TW which I just road around the ranch and down around the river. Prior to the CDI going TU really was my most fun bike to ride. Luckily never have

    dropped it but close many times. All my other bikes are old harleys, Nortons, Motto G's and Royal Enfield w/side hack (still have one Norton and RE) to

    sell. Plan is to go down to just two mikes, the dresser and softail. If I was in good health and could keep all the bikes a running, I would not think twice

    about forking out the $300 for a new CDI. I have not researched this all that much so do not know if there are alternatives out there on after-market CDI's

    where one can get them cheaper or not. Anyway thanks to all for looking. I could post picts but it looks exactly like all the other blue/white 87 TW's

    out there. Enjoy the holidays approaching. semper fi rod

  10. #9
    Senior Member kj7687's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Southern California - Inland Empire
    Posts
    2,419
    Quote Originally Posted by kj7687 View Post
    Hmm, I'd buy this bike from you tomorrow morning if you lived close. A shame...anyway with some more info and some contemplation I may be prepared to offer you $100 plus shipping for the complete engine, or possibly like $40 for the complete top end. I was going to part out my broken down 07 TW200 but I'm seriously considering fixing it (new cylinder head and valves, etc.) or dropping a whole "new" engine into the frame. Because everything else on the bike is in great shape and man how I miss riding that bike! And now having two other bikes I wouldn't feel "guilty" about gearing it really low like I used to have it. I say guilty because the super low gearing, while it makes the bike exponentially more fun off road, isn't good for reliability when the bike is used on the highway a lot. But now I could just use it around town and off road, instead of as a highway commuter/adventure bike like it used to be to me. Anyway I'm sort of rambling now. I tend to do this an awful lot. Anyway so yea if you do decide to part it out, or you want to ship it to California for free (joke...), let me know.


    You know what, make that $150/$60...
    KJ, just KJ, ok.


    Current rides:
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500, 1999 Toyota 4Runner

    Past rides: 2015 Yamaha XT 250, 1997 Suzuki DR 200, 2007 Honda Ruckus, 2007 Yamaha TW 200, 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 500, 2009 Kawasaki KLX331S; 1994 GMC Sierra 1500, 1987 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 Acura Integra, 1986 Honda CRX, 1989 Jeep Cherokee, 1994 Chevrolet Astro Van, 1979 Volkswagen Rabbit, 1984 Jeep Cherokee

  11. #10
    Junior Member rodcarter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    West Texas, San Angelo
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by hu-glass View Post
    Is your TW still for sale??? I am interested, the price is right... Can you send a photo or two? Thank you for your time,

    Sincerely,

    Brandon


    Greetings Brandon, did you get the photo's I sent last night. Thanks Semper fi rod

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. 2012 TW200 for Sale : Texas
    By jaredknotts in forum TW200 Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-04-2013, 08:30 PM
  2. 06 TW for sale in West Michigan 800 miles
    By PerfMoto1 in forum TW200 Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-15-2012, 08:18 PM
  3. 1987 TW200 For Sale
    By smw08003 in forum TW200 Classifieds
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-17-2012, 07:46 AM
  4. 1987 TW200 For Sale ----SOLD
    By DKJ in forum TW200 Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-25-2012, 09:19 PM
  5. 2009 Yamaha TW200 For Sale - San Antonio, Texas
    By gjcasey in forum TW200 Classifieds
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-21-2011, 12:15 PM

Search tags for this page

1987 tw200 for sale

,

1987 yamaha tw200 for sale

,
87 yamaha tw200 for sale
,
tmw200 for sale in texas
,
tw200 1987 for sale
,
tw200 for sale
,

tw200 for sale in texas

,

tw200 for sale texas

,
tw200 yamaha for sale in texas
,
used yamaha tw200 for sale texas
,
yamaha tw for sale in texas
,

yamaha tw200 for sale in texas

Click on a term to search for related topics.