Looking for Mirrors
Close
    
    
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Junior Member wolfpack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    11

    Looking for Mirrors

    I'm new to this forum. I'm looking for a set of mirrors for a 2005 TW that will allow me to see beyond my shoulders. I have one stock mirror on the left side and half of the mirror is covered by my body and the other half I can see the road. I would like something that extends out a little further but that also screws into the stock mounts. I would also prefer that they were black and not chrome. Any insight or direct would be greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    Senior Member PalmStateCrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Cayce, SC
    Posts
    3,109
    Stock mirrors with extenders help... or so I've heard. I dont really care about seeing my shoulders. You can also get one of those dome shaped mirrors to stick on them.

  3. #3
    Junior Member natehunts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4
    Wolfpack,
    I'll keep an eye out for a good pair that fit your description.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Senior Member old white truck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Northwestern Oregon
    Posts
    1,092
    Wolfpack,

    Welcome to the forum!

    I too got tired of seeing my shoulders in the mirrors. I have something that will work for you. It is the best item for under $20 that I have ever bought for my TW.

    I liked them so much I got them for both of my TWs.

    Here is a link to black mirror extenders. 10mm Mirror Riser Extender Adapter Virago V Star V Max | eBay

    You just unscrew your mirrors, bolt these down, and then screw your mirrors back into these extenders. If you decide to get these, wherever you order from, makes sure you get a set that has one right-hand thread and one left-hand thread (like the set in the link above).

    Good luck and welcome to the club.

  6. #5
    Senior Member Bucknutz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Lower Hudson River Valley of The Communist State of N.Y.
    Posts
    487
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    I'm new to this forum. I'm looking for a set of mirrors for a 2005 TW that will allow me to see beyond my shoulders. I have one stock mirror on the left side and half of the mirror is covered by my body and the other half I can see the road. I would like something that extends out a little further but that also screws into the stock mounts. I would also prefer that they were black and not chrome. Any insight or direct would be greatly appreciated.
    I have one mirror on the clutch side of my bike. I do believe that it is the best design that I have come across for visibility, toughness, and the ability to fold away securely ( with infinite adjustability ) when in the woods. I ordered mine with the longer ram mount extension to insure that my rearward vision would clear my elbow. They are a bit pricey, but I doubt I'll ever have to replace this one. I can't express how great of a design this is. I do not know how to post a link on my IPad thingy, but you can go directly to : Doubletake Mirror to check them out. You can thank me later. LOL. Rubber side down, Dave

  7. #6
    Senior Member Rainman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ephrata, WA
    Posts
    1,125
    I bought something very similar off of Amazon. One of the best mods I've done on my bike. I'm 6'2" with a 32 inch inseam, which means I'm more torso than leg. I stared at my shoulders for a couple years and while riding the road more, I quickly learned I couldn't see behind me until I actually turned my head and looked. The risers are a cheap and effective way of letting you see behind you. They'll raise the mirror vertically and push them outwards.
    Last edited by Rainman; 08-29-2013 at 09:15 PM.
    If you can't find it, grind it

    1990 TW200

  8. #7
    Senior Member joeband's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    norcal nutjob
    Posts
    3,301
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucknutz View Post
    They are a bit pricey, but I doubt I'll ever have to replace this one. I can't express how great of a design this is. I do not know how to post a link on my IPad thingy, but you can go directly to : Doubletake Mirror to check them out. You can thank me later. LOL. Rubber side down, Dave
    not to hijack this thread but
    i have these same mirrors and love the adjustability, but find them to be really buzzy. i can't get them to ride clear, no matter how i have tweaked them. did you encounter this problem?

    thanks
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

    Hidden Content

  9. #8
    Senior Member Bucknutz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Lower Hudson River Valley of The Communist State of N.Y.
    Posts
    487
    Quote Originally Posted by joeband View Post
    not to hijack this thread but
    i have these same mirrors and love the adjustability, but find them to be really buzzy. i can't get them to ride clear, no matter how i have tweaked them. did you encounter this problem?

    thanks
    Not at all. I have the ram mount that screws directly into my clutch perch, and I used thread lock as well. A 3" arm connects the ram mount ball and the ball on the mirror. I do tighten the wing nut down pretty tightly, too. This mirror is every bit as vibration free as the ones on my VFR road bike. ( and they are very clear )

  10. #9
    Senior Member Braden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    236
    I think the double take mirrors are in my future. I'm not too fond of the stock ones.

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Sponosred Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. mirrors
    By Dwight in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 05-26-2015, 01:10 PM
  2. bar end mirrors ?
    By Drifter in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-12-2013, 06:26 PM
  3. mirrors.
    By frog13 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-26-2012, 09:09 PM
  4. mirrors?
    By twoguns in forum Technical Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-07-2011, 08:40 PM
  5. New Mirrors
    By chipyting in forum Performance and Customization
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-05-2011, 03:00 PM

Tags for this Thread