Duro Power Grip
Close

Thread: Duro Power Grip

Duro Power Grip

This has been reposted on Craig's.

MTnot.JPG
    TW200-Duro Power Grip Radial ATV Tire 26x8-14
    Last edited by trailscout; 12-15-2013 at 08:50 AM.
    Ya gotta finish the loop, it's your only way out!

Hidden Content

Bump.......

Hidden Content

very nice offer , i want your tire after tw-ing in sierra snow this morning. Any guess on cost to get ups-ed to Verdi Nv 89439? I assume your duro power can be successfully remounted on good condition 2003 rim. Would save me trimming a new Duro and avoid swingarm lenghtening.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

It's been mounted twice, third time should be easier even unless it's been lying in the snow. Warm rubber stretches easier.

I see this is your first post but that you've been here sinch 12/2011 so I'm sure you've read all the cautionary remarks about the mounting procedures.

The reason this one has been mounted twice is that the original tube failed around the vulcanization for the stem. Seems the vulcanization didn't stretch along with the tube which has to stretch quite a bit and it ripped in a seam adjoining the stem vulcanization. A friend that mounted a Duro right after me had the same problem.

Others on the board have reported no problem with the stock tube. I stretched a large diameter 12" ATV tube over my wheel. It slipped fine on the wheel recess once on. Another friend brought me his ATV tire and a 12 inch tube to mount and it was much smaller in the center. I gave him my old one. Auto tubes come in a good size but they don't have the center placement stem needed. I think maybe if we'd aired my friends up to river rafting size and let it set a few days it would have went over the 14 inch rim easier. They never seem to return all the way to the original size.

So blah blah blah. Telling you all this because it's my tire you're looking at. And BTW, I'm sure it will be better in the snow than the skinny MT43 I installed. But I'm retired and no longer do snow!

I will check on the shipping cost and get back. Also I read on a post here that tires could be sent by bus for a much reduced price. I'll look into that alse. Give me a few days.

Hidden Content

Thanks for the info. I have drooled over atv tire potential while fearing install risks for years. Thus i have been following your and others excellent forum postings with great interest. Great safe advice. I ride 90% single track and jeep trails in the sierras which often require keeping a very fine line. I have a little fear square shouldered Duro may sacrifice too much nimbleness on tight technical trails but I'm not too old to adapt. Love the idea of being able to run low psi safely.

Not to fear that the Duro flat tread sacrificing nimbleness or anything else compared to the stocker on single track or dirt roads. Really can't say about pavement myself as I never used it there.

As far as the flat tread, I think it holds as good as the BH 2.0 on corners and off camber and maybe better. Something about the tread design on the BH seemed to cause it to let go a little sooner on corners. But the BH was better on straight line traction. But not worlds better. If I were rating, based on the BH being a 10 for single track (not pavement), I'd put the stocker at 40% and the Duro at 90%.

And you will have somewhat of a wrestling match getting home on a flat BH 2.0, which you can do, but on the Duro you may never even notice the flat.

If you were down here, I'd mount it for you, just for fun. I'll extend that to anyone wanting to try an ATV whether my Duro or not. But you'll have to do the trimming. That's the time consuming part. But I'd be glad to show how I did mine before wandering off to one of my projects.

Hidden Content

Fred,

PM sent.

Harold

Hidden Content

Sponosred Links