What the Hell is This?
Close

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By lizrdbrth
  • 1 Post By lizrdbrth

Thread: What the Hell is This?

Question What the Hell is This?

http://www.unegui.mn/ads-286-1362321-ognoo1-a,1.html

This is advertised as a "UB Troy" locally. Looks familiar. Anyone care to explain and or guess what it is? I'm gonna go have a look tomorrow

Highly modified Zong?
    Only a fool would attempt it, and God help me, I am that fool!

Like Dan said, it's Korean made Hyosong Troy. At least it's marketed by Hyosong. May in fact be a Chinese product. I've never seen one in the flesh cuz they're not available in the U.S. but one of our members recently got their hands on one. A standard version may be a potential alternative to the TW given your your locale:

https://tw200forum.com/forum/general-discussion/8494-special-edition-tw200.html

Last edited by lizrdbrth; 10-19-2013 at 12:17 PM.
    r80rt likes this.
    I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Thanks. I'll have a look-see, but I don't want a 125cc Already wish the TW had more pull and I haven't even started riding one yet.

???????? ?????????? ??? ???? UNEGUI.MN

I kinda like the Suzuki Djebel UNEGUI.MN : Suzuki DF200 cross zarlaa

and the XR Baja UNEGUI.MN : honda baja 250 too , but I have been obsessed with getting a TW....time will tell I guess

That Suzi is interesting, looks to have a fair sized tank, the Honda ain't bad either.
    Only a fool would attempt it, and God help me, I am that fool!

TDUB lovers,

Any information on the aforementioned Honda 250 Baja vs. a this possibly Japanese Suzi Djebel vs. our beloved TW would be much obliged, especially from those who have hands-on experience on more than one of these.

Bayrlalaa (Thanks in the local tongue)

Again, neither model specifically available in the U.S. The Djebel is essentially the DR200 and the Baja an XL250. Both good, solid bikes unless they differ from their U.S. market counterparts.

Mongol Pete likes this.
    I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Mongol Pete View Post
    UNEGUI.MN : ub troy zarna

This is advertised as a "UB Troy" locally. Looks familiar. Anyone care to explain and or guess what it is? I'm gonna go have a look tomorrow
    Wow, only one million, five hundred thousand and I thought TWs were expensive!

I am watching the thread from our other new member with one of those knock off TWs. They do look pretty cool but I bet my T dub will whip his pants off on the trails. Also pretty sure he will get to the trails a lot faster as his and the one you see seem more street worthy than trails. I think with a few of these types of bikes you can set them up for your preferred riding terrain but very few come set up for either or like the T Dubs do. That my friend is the glory behind our beloved TWs. I can be cruising down some back road and come upon a sweet looking power line or logging road and blast off in to the unknown without much thought at all. When I come upon one of those "Oh $hit" spots on the trail all I have to do is hang on and motor through. The Dub is not particularly perfect in either condition, street or trails, but it is probably one of the best cross breeds we will ever find.

If I was a design engineer at Yamaha I would build an exact TW with all the same bells, whistles, fat tires and then beef it up with better suspension, better seat and a 350 CC engine with 6 speed transmission and 4 gallon tank. If I got real crazy I would add a hi/low tranny selector. My Yamaha TW 350 GaryL model would rock our socks off but probably double the price.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

GaryL - Yer right. It would cost the same as a KTM 350, I bet.

Sponosred Links